IGNORED

Lauren Smith

newarkred

Just now, elhombrecito said:

Nathan Jones is a **** who I never want near the club I love.

Lauren Smith seems like a lovely person.

I stand by my views.

On the basis you don’t like the guy then, which is fair enough.

But objectively he’s far more qualified 

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Some people don't understand the woman's game is very very different from the men's game.  

Besides she's doing a great job for the ladies, cya West Ham.

I’m only gonna add this….the training and qualifications for your “coaching badges” are exactly the same.

Otherwise….

….Personally, I take each on their own merits, men’s football for what it is, women’s football for what it is.  We are a still quite a way off seeing them as comparable games.  There are parts of the game which are starting to converge, or certain teams looking stylistically like men’s teams, but it’s still not close.

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’m only gonna add this….the training and qualifications for your “coaching badges” are exactly the same.

Otherwise….

….Personally, I take each on their own merits, men’s football for what it is, women’s football for what it is.  We are a still quite a way off seeing them as comparable games.  There are parts of the game which are starting to converge, or certain teams looking stylistically like men’s teams, but it’s still not close.

I think the ACL problem will curtail the women's game,  I was reading a paper on it the other week and essentially as women hit sexual maturity and their hips widen this puts extra pressure on their ACL that men simply will never experience, with less muscle mass leaves them in a bad place.  I think sports science has some catching up to do.  Because as the ladies get more intensity in their game the more ACL injuries we will see.  I get that the coaching qualifications are the same but the application day to day is completely different.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Otherwise….

Take what you are saying @Davefevs. That said if we were to employ a Chelsea manager, I would take Emma Hayes over Frank Lampard!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

I think the ACL problem will curtail the women's game,  I was reading a paper on it the other week and essentially as women hit sexual maturity and their hips widen this puts extra pressure on their ACL that men simply will never experience, with less muscle mass leaves them in a bad place.  I think sports science has some catching up to do.  Because as the ladies get more intensity in their game the more ACL injuries we will see.  I get that the coaching qualifications are the same but the application day to day is completely different.

How the eff did I do my ACL?

Second thoughts, don’t answer that!! 😉

Re the application, totally agree, although theoretically they ought to be able to apply to men’s or women’s equally.  We both know that’s just theory.

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

How the eff did I do my ACL?

Second thoughts, don’t answer that!! 😉

Re the application, totally agree, although theoretically they ought to be able to apply to men’s or women’s equally.  We both know that’s just theory.

Not your ACL you doughnut, the women's game.in general has a problem with higher frequency of ACL tares and ruptures and the severity at a lower intensity is worse.  Sports science needs to catch-up before in order for the women's game can hit it's.next notch, if that makes sense.

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

What do you mean?

If a woman has been trained to coach in exactly the same way as a man (they do the same course), the application of their coaching should be no different whether they’re coaching male or female players, ie they’ve attained a level of coaching skill that should prepare them to coach either sex.

Thats the theory.

2 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Not your ACL you doughnut, the women's game.in general has a problem with higher frequency of ACL tares and ruptures and the severity at a lower intensity is worse.  Sports science needs to catch-up before in order for the women's game can hit it's.next notch, if that makes sense.

🤣🤣🤣 I know, never been accused of having child bearing hips, pregnant, maybe!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If a woman has been trained to coach in exactly the same way as a man (they do the same course), the application of their coaching should be no different whether they’re coaching male or female players, ie they’ve attained a level of coaching skill that should prepare them to coach either sex.

Thats the theory.

🤣🤣🤣 I know, never been accused of having child bearing hips, pregnant, maybe!!!

In that case just pick the cheapest person with a pro licence.

• Like 2