IGNORED

Gary Johnson ands Steve Coterill

BS3_RED

6 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I wanted both of Johnson and Coterill

I didn’t want L Johnson Holden Millen Tinion McInness or SoD

Delighted at Pearson 

No I didn’t want this bloke as, as with the overwhelming majority thought  Pearson was still the best placed bloke for an injury hit squad moving forward

This fella is on a hiding to nothing!

The decision had been made that Pearson would not get a new contract which is obvious. Pearson wanted to know so he could get his op done and forced the issue . All that is blazing my obvious. 

So no we go back down the LJ McInness Holden road with a track suit guy that has no experience managing in this division  

What was that about the definition of madness?

I wish the fella well of course as I am the net beneficiary of his success but fear he is just the new model of the old failed way!

Has this bloke got anymore experience of spending “nest eggs” than McIness LJ et al  of course not!

This is it!

The point of this thread should be about how exciting or not appointments were (I wanted both GJ and Cotts as it happens). The point here is managers with experience do well here…. We’ve yet to have any tangible success from a young exciting up and coming boy wonder tracksuit head coach…. But the Landsdowns love it, keep going back and as you say it’s madness. 
Let’s hope Nanning bucks the trend set by Tinnion, McInnes, SOD, LJ, Holden. An array of well qualified head coaches with no achievements here between them. 
Good luck Liam…. Let’s hope you’re not interfered with and bring us some success! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just on the thread title.

I remember some doubts and scepticism about Cotts- fears of a long ball and attritional football type scenario.

Was anything but! Brilliant to watch, a double albeit the Lower division double but a Double all the same.

In respect of GJ, I remember a certain amount of optimism in respect of his appointment. His work at Yeovil was clearly impressive, he had quite an adventurous style of play with them and some good Cup runs too.

Both were very good appointments. NP another.

I was firmly opposed to the appointment of Cotts. I thought he was a past it dinosaur, a long ball merchant and a typically uninspired managerial merry go round appointment. Change for the sake of change..: Boy was I wrong! He gave us the best season we ever had.

I was really excited about SOD and that turned out terribly.

So yeah let’s wait and see, although Manning will have his hands tied from day one, with Tinnion and the board really pulling the strings.

• Like 2