IGNORED

Live OSIB episode reacting to Manning

petehinton

17 hours ago, One Team said:

@petehinton, Liam says he’s not tried Gold or Haze. How about a cheeky coup for the podcast and getting the first interview? Quite literally a Cider with? 

I’ll be honest I think the media team would rather the club would rather fold than let us have access for that 🤣

4 hours ago, maxjak said:

Really excellent discussion, with lots of entertaining insight............still the best of the three main podcasts IMO.  I Understand why it's not, but wish it was still around for every game?

Just time really, OSIB has been slogging away for 6 years now would you believe, with all of those years being episodes after every game pretty much up until this season. We all wanted a bit of a freshen up really, all are much busier than we were when it started, Stan’s moving to France etc etc. We’ll still be doing things like this, broader reviews, the magazine etc but don’t think we’ll do post game stuff anymore unless there’s something big that’s happened really

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I’ll be honest I think the media team would rather the club would rather fold than let us have access for that 🤣

Just time really, OSIB has been slogging away for 6 years now would you believe, with all of those years being episodes after every game pretty much up until this season. We all wanted a bit of a freshen up really, all are much busier than we were when it started, Stan’s moving to France etc etc. We’ll still be doing things like this, broader reviews, the magazine etc but don’t think we’ll do post game stuff anymore unless there’s something big that’s happened really

To be fair , to yourselves and FBC @headhunter , as a fans podcast , to me , it’s absolutely vital that you are independent from the club , and something to be proud of , rather than having a relationship of the club

Fans pods should be about supporters expressing their true views and both yours does / has done so 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

@petehinton and @Davefevs

I just wanted to say to you and the rest of the team behind the podcast - that it is really rather good.

I like the balance. And listening to last nights the contributors seemed to suggest to me that although the way NP was fired and the fact that Manning is an "unknown" were balanced with the possible upside of "whatifs"

FWIW, Manning has a big job on his hands. HIs appointment is a big risk. But like some pointed out - he has credentials way better than LJ and DH. I thought his press conference was well presented, there was no bull-sh!t bingo and he has bags of experience - albeit not at this level. 

I'll judge him on performances - if we keep up or improve the win ratio for season to date IMHO he will have done a good job.

• Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

24 minutes ago, DaveInSA said:

@petehinton and @Davefevs

I just wanted to say to you and the rest of the team behind the podcast - that it is really rather good.

I like the balance. And listening to last nights the contributors seemed to suggest to me that although the way NP was fired and the fact that Manning is an "unknown" were balanced with the possible upside of "whatifs"

FWIW, Manning has a big job on his hands. HIs appointment is a big risk. But like some pointed out - he has credentials way better than LJ and DH. I thought his press conference was well presented, there was no bull-sh!t bingo and he has bags of experience - albeit not at this level. 

I'll judge him on performances - if we keep up or improve the win ratio for season to date IMHO he will have done a good job.

I like the informality of the Twitter Space concept.  I think it works well for OSIB and it’s move away from post-game pods.  There have been some good subject matters of late too, which helps.

The ability for people to come on, ask their question and then go is dead useful too.  There were a couple of really interesting thoughts from the listeners that made me consider my own thoughts.

I think you need different viewpoints on the panel too.

2 hours ago, petehinton said:

I didn't know Stan had moved to France. He should get Harry Food over to try some local delicacies.

I’ve just listened and for the first part I wondered where it was going as it all seemed a bit too positive for me and had no balance. Once the other contributors kicked in and the challenges and “what ifs” were posed it got really, really good and became a really interesting listen with excellent balance.

My only criticism would be that due to the format it lost the usual OSIB humour and tangent embracing nonsense, but it was still good in a different way. 

• Like 1