IGNORED

FBC Podcast - Watch Tonight's 6pm Livecast Recording of "Manning is our man ....."

Curr Avon

• The title was changed to FBC Podcast - Watch Tonight's 6pm Livecast Recording of "Manning is our man ....."
20 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Thanks, Will give it a listen.

Have you guys figured out a system to avoid talking over one another yet? I enjoy the podcasts content, but sometimes it's delivery is really detrimental 

Yes. And yes.

Thanks for the kind words and we hope you enjoy tonight's episode.

Edited by Curr Avon

9 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

How many city podcasts are there these days? What's unique about this one? 

It’s probably the most independent and structured podcast. You’re not gonna get a lot of banter, but it does follow a steady format. Having Lez/dog etc etc on there does them no favour. I was quite surprised to see what he looked like, not the image I had!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Henry said:

Get rid of the host and Ian Gay?

Hope this is tongue and cheek?

I don't agree with all each of them say and sometimes it's a bit off putting that they chat over each other however ..........

I respect their views and the time it must take to produce the podcast and really enjoy the listen (most of the time!)

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

I love this podcast. As much as the not letting someone actually finish the point annoys me. I find myself shouting in the car “just let him ******* finish”. You know it’s coming as you can hear @headhuntergoing “yep, yep” and then he just jumps in the middle of a sentences haha. 

It’s the best podcast still though, and Ian is great as a the Piers Morgan, marmite character. 

Keep it going lads, but just let people finish their point. 

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

13 hours ago, Henry said:

Get rid of the host and Ian Gay?

Very unfair. In my opinion, DP hosts the show excellently, and although IG isn't everyone's cup of tea, a pod like FBC needs differing views otherwise it would be too samey. Carry on Headhunter, I find it very enjoyable.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 2

Just now, Desso said:

Very unfair. In my opinion, DP hosts the show excellently, and although IG isn't everyone's cup of tea, a pod like FBC needs differing views otherwise it would be too samey. Carry on Headhunter, I find it very enjoyable.

It was tongue in cheek, as someone asked how to stop people talking over each other.

Each podcast is different which is good

Three Peas - corporate and never gonna slag the club off.  Average football knowledge with Matt frequently owning up to getting stuff wrong but at least he can admit it. 

FBC - old men moaning in a pub vibe, big swings in opinion and a couple of the contributors are pretty arrogant.  If you don’t take it too seriously it can be very entertaining!

OSIB - irreverent at times, calm, measured and usually on the positive side of the scale. The least ‘outcome biased’ of the three.  By far the easiest to listen to and the one that can teach fans something about the game. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Three Peas - corporate and never gonna slag the club off.  Average football knowledge with Matt frequently owning up to getting stuff wrong but at least he can admit it. 

FBC - old men moaning in a pub vibe, big swings in opinion and a couple of the contributors are pretty arrogant.  If you don’t take it too seriously it can be very entertaining!

OSIB - irreverent at times, calm, measured and usually on the positive side of the scale. The least ‘outcome biased’ of the three.  By far the easiest to listen to and the one that can teach fans something about the game. 

Sums up my views on the pods. I'll never listen to 3 Peaps just because of the reason you stated but the other two are decent.

FBC very reactionary and an entertaining listen at times. Don't agree with Ian Gay pretty much 80% of the time, reminds me of talking to my Grandad about Football to be honest. Stuck in the past.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Henry said:

Having Lez/dog etc etc on there does them no favour. I was quite surprised to see what he looked like, not the image I had!

Don't agree on the Lez comments, he certainly knows his football and for me is normally "bang on the money" with his views and comments. He strengthens the already excellent Podcast. Its all about opinions and there are plenty of them on this podcast and I think everyone is entitled to change their opinion as time goes by and more info or evidence comes to light...

I am also enjoying the match previews you have started, keep up the good work chaps, it really adds something to following city.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I was about to say something very similar, good summary. 

I find 3 Peaps a difficult listen, they are too close to the club and it shows with virtually no criticism and as such has no balance. Their Robins Reunited interviews are excellent though. 

Spot on with OSIB although I’d add it’s also very funny, @petehinton and @Olé are brilliant on it. 

I used to hate FBC, mainly due to the audio issues and Ian Gay. But now they’ve sorted the audio and matured into it it’s now probably my favourite one (mainly due to OSIBs lack of content). It has good balance on every episode and doesn’t shy away from tough questions and analysis. I don’t agree with anything Ian Gay says, but he’s important to have on there for the different views he brings. It also makes for an entertaining show. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Henry said:

It’s probably the most independent and structured podcast. You’re not gonna get a lot of banter, but it does follow a steady format. Having Lez/dog etc etc on there does them no favour. I was quite surprised to see what he looked like, not the image I had!

Surprised he had time , seems to spend most of his time creating new troll accounts for OTIB 

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Works so much better on YouTube! The old format was painful to listen to.

A good, balanced discussion.

It does yes, although could do with @headhunter removing the silly background (a silly thing bought in by the Pandemic and zoomers) as it causes all the blur around him, it's like watching the Ready Brek man.

Edited by chowie
  • Haha 2