IGNORED

Whose left?

old_eastender

2 hours ago, CliftonCliff said:

Remind you of anything?

Bit like national politics, really. Bunch of slimy, mendacious, self-serving people who take the credit for everything and the blame for absolutely nothing, are never accountable and who somehow survive and even prosper despite being incompetent at much of what they do.

Said elsewhere when the debate was still raging that I had in the past sprung to Lansdown's defence, but my perceptions of the ownership have been irreversibly changed by this woeful episode and I will never trust them again. In fact, my relationship with the club is probably at its lowest ebb since I started going to games regularly at the age of 14 (I'm 76), and I don't think I'll feel better about that until this regime is history.

Cliff, it sounds as though they've pushed you to the edge.

Stay strong.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Cliff, it sounds as though they've pushed you to the edge.

Stay strong.

Thanks mate, but much as it matters to me, BCFC is part of my life, but very far from all of it. Royally pissed off, for sure; in fact terminally pissed off as far as the ownership is concerned, but it would take more than that bunch of amateurs to affect me to that degree. Appreciate the sentiment, though, cheers.      

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Henry said:

He’s been here 3.5 years. You’d at least one or two maybe? 

To be fair he’s had several other non jobs during that time.

Pretty sure LJ used him first to help Massengo settle in, then he had a short spell when he was supposed to be a coach, then under Tinnion he became a part of the scouting operation.

He definitely was mentioned when Bajic was signed, though since then he seemed to have been doing a very good Lord Lucan impression until last week.

Like another poster I just assumed he had moved on this summer but he’s apparently become the new Rene Gilmartin.

My hunch is if he’s in with Tinnion he gets some other “job” in the new set up.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

16 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Spot on.

I thought his re-appearance from inside a cupboard or wherever he’s been for months was significant.

Basically once Tinnion & JL decided to remove the entire Pearson coaching set up, him & Pat Mountain were all that remained.

As you rightly say, our last European signing was in the summer of ‘22, so what’s on earth has he been doing since? Watching games of football in Europe to no purpose.

Where do I apply for that (non) job?

Not a memorable one by any means but we signed Haikin in January

11 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

Bajic?

(I'm clutching at straws though tbh)

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Pretty sure LJ used him first to help Massengo settle in, then he had a short spell when he was supposed to be a coach, then under Tinnion he became a part of the scouting operation.

He definitely was mentioned when Bajic was signed, though since then he seemed to have been doing a very good Lord Lucan impression until last week.

Like another poster I just assumed he had moved on this summer but he’s apparently become the new Rene Gilmartin.

I believe the story was he bumped into someone at a conference who recommended Bajic. I would imagine Pat Mountain is more involved in signing a keeper.

• Like 1

I don't know which thread is worse, this one that exists because some people have stayed in place, or the one that would have been screaming about the lack of continuity if they had all been sacked and we started again.  

Any fans of Star Trek might consider that the club are in a real life version of the Kobayashi Maru. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kobayashi_Maru

There might be further changes down the line, who knows? I think it's almost always the case that a New Manager brings someone he considers to be a good right hand man, Pearson certainly did.

I think it was @Davefevs or maybe @phantom who said that one of the backroom staff was due to leave soon anyway, was that Hines?

I don't see why anyone who is left should be seen as "part of the problem".

I don't know if Cisse's role in the club was ever defined as "Overseas scout", his Wikipedia page says coaching and I think he usually works a lot with the youngest groups. 

Obviously being able to speak or at least interpret around 5 or 6 languages would make him useful with any foreign players we might be interested in, although I think that currently it only consists of giving Rob Atkinson an outlet for his French.

I do know he's very popular and considered very knowledgeable, so it would seem a shame to lose him as well.

Edited by Port Said Red

@Port Said Red no, not Hines, but Paddy Orme, the Strength and Conditioning guy who leads the warm-ups on Robins Uncut.  His job was legitimately advertised a while back, so unless he’s gonna be promoted into Rennie’s role, we will have a new guy, or internal replacement.

Yesterday’s RU had a different guy taking the warm-up.  Seen him before but couldn’t tell you his name.

Orme is also the guy who does a lot of the work with Parsons and Rennie on the food banks on away games if you’re trying to place a face to a name.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

He is quite heavily involved with the U21 coaching

22 hours ago, Henry said:

Cisse - the international scout during a period where we haven’t signed an international player. Now coaching the first time. Fabulous 

That's not only his role.  He speaks many languages and when we have had foreign players in, he has helped them settle in.