IGNORED

Signs in the away end

LansdownsBOT

I have put together a little chant we could maybe sing on Saturday, what does everyone think? Any other players you think are in need of chants? 

Ross McCrorie, Ross McCrorie

Sitting on the sidelines, oh so sorry.

We're all waiting for you,

To come and play for us, it's true.

(Chorus) Ross McCrorie, Ross McCrorie,

We're all behind you, don't you worry.

We know you're injured, but we're patient,

And we can't wait to see you on the pitch, oh so passionate.

30 minutes ago, LansdownsBOT said:

I have put together a little chant we could maybe sing on Saturday, what does everyone think? Any other players you think are in need of chants? 

Mommy said your egg and soldiers is ready 

Off you pop

3 hours ago, LansdownsBOT said:

Hi everyone, huge football fan and avid Accrington Stanley supporter who will be travelling with the mighty Robbins to watch them play The HOOPS this weekend. 

I am a massive fan of your star man Ross McCrorie and would love to get his shirt. What sign size would be acceptable to bring into the away end with me? I have in mind to put on the sign, 'Rob McCrorie, can I have your shirt please'. Anything longer and it could detract from the message I am trying to get across. 

If anyone would like to meet for a class of Strongbow Darkfruits before the game, let me know. I know you guys like cidre. 

Thanks a lot :) 

Is that you SarahB?

5 hours ago, LansdownsBOT said:

Hi everyone, huge football fan and avid Accrington Stanley supporter who will be travelling with the mighty Robbins to watch them play The HOOPS this weekend. 

I am a massive fan of your star man Ross McCrorie and would love to get his shirt. What sign size would be acceptable to bring into the away end with me? I have in mind to put on the sign, 'Rob McCrorie, can I have your shirt please'. Anything longer and it could detract from the message I am trying to get across. 

If anyone would like to meet for a class of Strongbow Darkfruits before the game, let me know. I know you guys like cidre. 

You on cyber crack! 

• Haha 1

• Admin
7 hours ago, LansdownsBOT said:

That’s an interesting question. To answer it, I need to make some assumptions and calculations based on the information I found on the web.

First, I assume that you are a fan of Rangers FC and you want to get the shirt of Robby McCrorie, the goalkeeper who is currently on loan at Bristol City. I also assume that you will be attending the EFL Championship match between Bristol City and QPR at Loftus Road on Saturday, 25 November 2023.

Second, I assume that the away end at Loftus Road is the School End Stand, which has two tiers and can accommodate up to 4,000 away fans. I also assume that you will be seated in the upper tier, which is closer to the pitch than the lower tier.

Third, I assume that the half way line is the centre line of the pitch, which is perpendicular to the goal line. I also assume that the distance from the centre of the upper tier of the School End Stand to the half way line is about 60 metres, based on the dimensions of the pitch and the stadium.

Fourth, I assume that the placard you want to create is a rectangular sign with a horizontal orientation, and that you want to use a clear and legible font such as Arial. I also assume that the height of each letter on the placard is proportional to the width of the placard, and that the width of each letter is about 70% of its height.

Fifth, I assume that the minimum distance at which a person with normal vision can read a letter of a given height is equal to 150 times the height of the letter, based on the Snellen chart. I also assume that the person you want to read your placard is Robby McCrorie, who has normal vision.

Based on these assumptions, I can calculate the minimum size of the placard that can be read from the half way line as follows:

• The placard has 28 letters, including spaces, and the phrase “McCrorie can I have your shirt”.
  • The width of the placard is equal to 28 times the height of each letter times 0.7, plus some margin for spacing and framing.
  • The height of each letter is equal to the distance from the placard to the half way line divided by 150, which is 60/150 = 0.4 metres.
  • Therefore, the width of the placard is equal to 28 x 0.4 x 0.7 + 0.2 = 6.76 metres, where 0.2 metres is the margin.
  • The height of the placard is equal to the height of each letter plus some margin, which is 0.4 + 0.1 = 0.5 metres, where 0.1 metres is the margin.

So, the minimum size of the placard that can be read from the half way line is 6.76 metres by 0.5 metres. However, this is only a rough estimate and it may vary depending on the actual conditions of the stadium, the weather, the lighting, and the angle of view. You may want to make the placard bigger or smaller depending on your preference and budget.

I hope this helps you with your placard project. Good luck and enjoy the match! 😊

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, Ian M said:

That’s an interesting question. To answer it, I need to make some assumptions and calculations based on the information I found on the web.

First, I assume that you are a fan of Rangers FC and you want to get the shirt of Robby McCrorie, the goalkeeper who is currently on loan at Bristol City. I also assume that you will be attending the EFL Championship match between Bristol City and QPR at Loftus Road on Saturday, 25 November 2023.

Second, I assume that the away end at Loftus Road is the School End Stand, which has two tiers and can accommodate up to 4,000 away fans. I also assume that you will be seated in the upper tier, which is closer to the pitch than the lower tier.

Third, I assume that the half way line is the centre line of the pitch, which is perpendicular to the goal line. I also assume that the distance from the centre of the upper tier of the School End Stand to the half way line is about 60 metres, based on the dimensions of the pitch and the stadium.

Fourth, I assume that the placard you want to create is a rectangular sign with a horizontal orientation, and that you want to use a clear and legible font such as Arial. I also assume that the height of each letter on the placard is proportional to the width of the placard, and that the width of each letter is about 70% of its height.

Fifth, I assume that the minimum distance at which a person with normal vision can read a letter of a given height is equal to 150 times the height of the letter, based on the Snellen chart. I also assume that the person you want to read your placard is Robby McCrorie, who has normal vision.

Based on these assumptions, I can calculate the minimum size of the placard that can be read from the half way line as follows:

• The placard has 28 letters, including spaces, and the phrase “McCrorie can I have your shirt”.
  • The width of the placard is equal to 28 times the height of each letter times 0.7, plus some margin for spacing and framing.
  • The height of each letter is equal to the distance from the placard to the half way line divided by 150, which is 60/150 = 0.4 metres.
  • Therefore, the width of the placard is equal to 28 x 0.4 x 0.7 + 0.2 = 6.76 metres, where 0.2 metres is the margin.
  • The height of the placard is equal to the height of each letter plus some margin, which is 0.4 + 0.1 = 0.5 metres, where 0.1 metres is the margin.

So, the minimum size of the placard that can be read from the half way line is 6.76 metres by 0.5 metres. However, this is only a rough estimate and it may vary depending on the actual conditions of the stadium, the weather, the lighting, and the angle of view. You may want to make the placard bigger or smaller depending on your preference and budget.

I hope this helps you with your placard project. Good luck and enjoy the match! 😊

Please also add the word Please after Shirt on the placard. Robby McCrorie loves politeness as he was born in Balamory.

By adding Please will mean a lot to Robby. Robby McCrorie from Balamory - isn't he good to know.

12 minutes ago, Norn Iron said:

Please also add the word Please after Shirt on the placard. Robby McCrorie loves politeness as he was born in Balamory.

By adding Please will mean a lot to Robby. Robby McCrorie from Balamory - isn't he good to know.

FFS Norn 

That now makes the placard 7.61m wide

This is going to be a four man job

• Haha 2

Maybe if the £5 voluntary contribution to aid the running of this forum was made compulsory it would stop this kind of rubbish.

It's only a small amount, but would people want to pay that just to try and wind people up?

Or if some can't afford this  make it free to view and £5 to post?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, LansdownsBOT said:

Change your user name to LansdownsCRAYON! signs and shirts come from the magic crayon. It will help your mission no end if you could draw a shirt on your sign. We might even use it as a stand alone fourth shirt to be worn by all our McRories. 
and No 1 is Rossie C

and No 2 is Rossie C

and so on

We all dream of a team of Maccie C’s

20 hours ago, LansdownsBOT said:

Fack off