IGNORED

Training session - perhaps TC didn’t get the memo

Jerseybean

Just now, Top Robin said:

Why would you be concerned that a new manager would want to move on average/poor players in order to improve the team.

Because maybe bar a King I don't think we do have any average or poor players. Neither do the board hence why Pearson was sacked for so say not getting the most out of the squad. 

On the face of it that suggests Manning is expected to work with what he has got. Not get rid of X amount of players and bring his own players in.

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Are you suggesting football players are a bit thick and just want to play and couldn’t care less what their boss is telling them because I don’t buy it 

Tbh, yes. 

In NFL you can have all these processes, the game allows for that and all the players are very highly educated.

In our football, nah.

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Because maybe bar a King I don't think we do have any average or poor players. Neither do the board hence why Pearson was sacked for so say not getting the most out of the squad. 

On the face of it that suggests Manning is expected to work with what he has got. Not get rid of X amount of players and bring his own players in.

You honestly don’t think we have any average players,Jesus wept 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The majority of football players don't like team meetings and standing around listening to information. There are countless examples out there of players falling asleep during these meetings.

They are football players who want to play football. 

At a lower level you may get more of a buy in but at this level you're dealing with millionaires in some cases.

Manning has coached at West ham and Newcastle. I don't think he's going to have any issue with our 'millionaires'.

24 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Can we go through our starting 11 that you think are better than average,let’s start at the keeper Max oh maybe not 😂

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Can we go through our starting 11 that you think are better than average,let’s start at the keeper Max oh maybe not 😂

Well it depends, are we comparing pur players to the top level of the game? If so they are all poor. 

If we're comparing them to the Championship, the ownership said we have a good enough squad that should be challenging. 

46 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

He's the head coach, as long as he fits within the wage structure / budgets that are set why shouldn't he be able to make changes to the squad? I'm sure Pearson would have done gradually over the next few windows.

It'd also be bloody ridiculous to intentionally not set your new coach up for success as much as you can, and yes, that may even involve giving him a little more leeway than your outgoing manager at the start if he strongly feels he needs certain types of player we don't currently have. What's the downside exactly?

The goal is to progress in the league, not fight some battle you've made up in your head to judge who the greatest coach at Bristol City is in the last few years.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Yeh it’s bloody awful living the dream millions around the world would love to and then your mate leaves and it’s a heartbreaking moment,but I’m sure he will be smiling in the next video as time goes by 

Bound to be, everyone smiles in as time goes by videos!

1 hour ago, Just8 said:

Manning has coached at West ham and Newcastle. I don't think he's going to have any issue with our 'millionaires'.

West Ham U23 and, of course, Oxford and Milton Keynes, but Newcastle?

He’s kept that well hidden.

I suspect you are confusing him with Eddie Howe, but, to be fair, they do look vaguely similar.

12 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

West Ham U23 and, of course, Oxford and Milton Keynes, but Newcastle?

He’s kept that well hidden.

I suspect you are confusing him with Eddie Howe, but, to be fair, they do look vaguely similar.

I assume he was thinking about New York

Easy mistake 😁
In fairness , a spell in another country is less unusual these days but still not the norm.

Would be interesting to know how and what took him there

Edited by Sheltons Army

10 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I assume he was thinking about New York

Easy mistake 😁
In fairness , a spell in another country is less unusual these days but still not the norm.

Would be interesting to know how and what took him there

He was signed up by the City Group, who have numerous subsidiaries throughout Europe and The USA, hence his impressive stint in Belgium.

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Well it depends, are we comparing pur players to the top level of the game? If so they are all poor. 

If we're comparing them to the Championship, the ownership said we have a good enough squad that should be challenging. 

I asked your opinion because you you clearly stated we didn’t have any average players,your words not the ownership 

Edited by joe jordans teeth

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Really?

7 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Didn't he have bags load of money to spend whilst managing in the Belgium 2nd division?

No- he was head coach. He coached the players that were at Lommel S.K.

They are a City Group team - in the same stable with clubs in South America, India, Australia and Europe.

The set up was with a sporting director and a team manager and a head of player development. 

His role was to coach what was in front of him as part of a larger team. He wouldn't have been anyway near "the bags of money" or player transfers. If you bothered to see how City Group work then you wouldn't have said anything so ill contrived.

But hey, you're just looking for anything you possibly can to belittle the new Manager whilst desperately hanging on to NP as some form of messianic leader.

You really are becoming a character:

Black Knight: I'm invincible!

Arthur: You're a loony.

Black Knight: The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you! Come on then.

Arthur cuts off the Black Knight's other leg.

Black Knight: All right; we'll call it a draw.

Arthur: Come, Patsy.

Black Knight: Oh, oh, I see, running away then. You yellow bastard! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!

20 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

They are a City Group team - in the same stable with clubs in South America, India, Australia and Europe.

The set up was with a sporting director and a team manager and a head of player development. 

His role was to coach what was in front of him as part of a larger team. He wouldn't have been anyway near "the bags of money" or player transfers. If you bothered to see how City Group work then you wouldn't have said anything so ill contrived.

But hey, you're just looking for anything you possibly can to belittle the new Manager whilst desperately hanging on to NP as some form of messianic leader.

Black Knight: Oh, oh, I see, running away then. You yellow bastard! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!

You've gone to all that effort to basically confirm that he had a squad to work with that cost a lot of money for that level.

26 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

For clarity, are you saying Pep at Man City is told what players he’s getting?  I know clubs do operate this way.  Just trying to find out whether CFG operate in this black and white way.

1 hour ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

For clarity, are you saying Pep at Man City is told what players he’s getting?  I know clubs do operate this way.  Just trying to find out whether CFG operate in this black and white way.

I would think he gets input, maybe to the extent of what position he would like improvement or cover in, but even if he doesn't he has the luxury that they are unlikely to be anything but the highest quality.

16 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

That first meeting in person they all looked so disengaged and demotivated. Experienced pro’s likely thinking….who is this guy? 

Thought the same, disengaged.  But that is expected seeing that NP seemed very settled with a very likeable personality and he looked after his players.   Need to get off to a good start Saturday.

14 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My initial impressions were that these videos remind me of the early videos under Holden with Downing and Simpson. We know how that worked out. 

Hopefully I'm wrong but I've got the same sort of feeling watching these videos. Something doesn't quite feel right. Players standing around a lot looking uninterested. 

I am genuinely shocked at this. Still pictures can be interpreted in so many ways, especially when you are looking for something to confirm your bias. Try looking at the videos to get a better impression.

I can tell you directly from a player that the group have been impressed with him from the first meeting, he and Hogg have an energy and that has been infectious in training.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 4