IGNORED

Training session - perhaps TC didn’t get the memo

Jerseybean

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Looking for something that’s not there. He looks focused that’s all. Honestly this forum has been like a luny bin this last week 🤪

Agreed. Many of us don't like what happened to Nige but micro-analysing 8 minutes of a training session for things that just aren't there is indeed complete lunacy. I notice Naismith said it was a good session at the end......so he was either "just saying that" to be kind to new coaches or maybe it was a sly dig at the previous regime who were putting on a shite Programme........or perhaps, as crazy as it sounds, he just thought it was a decent session on the first day under a new boss.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 12
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, The Coach said:

Does look very odd not seeing Nige, Fleming and Euell taking training.

No offence to Manning and his assistant. But it genuinely looks like we’ve given the job to the work experience boys.

Have a bad feeling about this. 

My initial impressions were that these videos remind me of the early videos under Holden with Downing and Simpson. We know how that worked out. 

Hopefully I'm wrong but I've got the same sort of feeling watching these videos. Something doesn't quite feel right. Players standing around a lot looking uninterested. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

Looking for something that’s not there. He looks focused that’s all. Honestly this forum has been like a luny bin this last week 🤪

You are Tony Wilkins aren't you? 

You can't say that sort of thing these days. But judging by the things you post on your twitter, it seems you're very much stuck in the dark ages.

Just now, Spreadsheet Boy said:

Manning actually mentioned in that snippet how engaged they were, how good their eye contact was, didn’t he?

Nah, you've got it all wrong mate, some geezer watching a few minutes of footage on OTIB would know far more about what went on than the bloke taking the session for 2-3 hours...........clearly.

• Like 2

All looked pretty normal, some quizzical. faces as they start to learn new training routines and sessions. But that is very normal at this stage. Great to see so many returning from injury. With improved key first team players back and available, we should be looking good again. 

I did not note many of the younger players in the sessions though. Maybe not needed if the injury crisis has reduced? 

5 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My initial impressions were that these videos remind me of the early videos under Holden with Downing and Simpson. We know how that worked out. 

Hopefully I'm wrong but I've got the same sort of feeling watching these videos. Something doesn't quite feel right. Players standing around a lot looking uninterested. 

Bbc One Hastings GIF by BBC

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Not sure uninterested, I rather saw it as a group just starting on a new regime, and having to learn new sessions etc. It is a lot to take on so quickly.

As we now know they will have no time off for the next international break, they will have 2 weeks of training sessions, and you would think that will be great for all, as they will get to know each other better, and without games to interrupt the work. It is quite opportune to accelerate that learning. 

• Hmmm 1

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

I noticed in one of the training drills they said Weimann to play as a 10 and Cornick to play as a 9. 

Maybe that's what his plan is hence Conway looking pissed off? 

It did concern me in Tinnions interview when he said LM may not fancy some of our players so may look to move them on.

Conway is out of contract in 18 months. Based on Antoine and Scott, that suggests he will be sold in January if no new deal is agreed. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, RollsRoyce said:

Not sure uninterested, I rather saw it as a group just starting on a new regime, and having to learn new sessions etc. It is a lot to take on so quickly.

As we now know they will have no time off for the next international break, they will have 2 weeks of training sessions, and you would think that will be great for all, as they will get to know each other better, and without games to interrupt the work. It is quite opportune to accelerate that learning. 

Please pass on to your Bristol Sport comrades that making a small injury depleted squad work through the international break may not be a good thing.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Please pass on to your Bristop Sport comrades that making a small injury depleted squad work through the international break may not be a good thing.

I am most certainly not a fan or advocate of Bristol Sport. I think it is a pile of BS, a ridiculous cost, with zero benefit. I would fire them all tomorrow. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I noticed in one of the training drills they said Weimann to play as a 10 and Cornick to play as a 9. 

It did concern me in Tinnions interview when he said LM may not fancy some of our players so may look to move them on.

He also said it was just for that bit of training

21 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Please pass on to your Bristol Sport comrades that making a small injury depleted squad work through the international break may not be a good thing.

I really think you need to calm down on the BS Bot accusation stuff, you really don’t know who RR is….he most certainly isn’t BS.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I didn’t see that at all,I saw players taking in new information 

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I didn’t see that at all,I saw players taking in new information 

The majority of football players don't like team meetings and standing around listening to information. There are countless examples out there of players falling asleep during these meetings.

They are football players who want to play football. 

At a lower level you may get more of a buy in but at this level you're dealing with millionaires in some cases.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You are Tony Wilkins aren't you? 

You can't say that sort of thing these days. But judging by the things you post on your twitter, it seems you're very much stuck in the dark ages.

Oh **** off you idiot . I’m not even on Twitter . You’ve  been top of the pile at the asylum this week 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 hours ago, tin said:

Or he’s seen his best mate and the gaffer who gave him his big break both leave in the space of three months. 

You are there to work, you are a professional. Personally I'm on my 6th Manager in 4 years, and God knows how many Deputy Managers. For clarity I have stayed in the same place, it's them who have come and gone. Each one of them very different, some good, some bad. You deal with it.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Why would you be concerned that a new manager would want to move on average/poor players in order to improve the team.

56 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

The majority of football players don't like team meetings and standing around listening to information. There are countless examples out there of players falling asleep during these meetings.

They are football players who want to play football. 

At a lower level you may get more of a buy in but at this level you're dealing with millionaires in some cases.

Are you suggesting football players are a bit thick and just want to play and couldn’t care less what their boss is telling them because I don’t buy it