IGNORED

Sam Bell starts for England Elite (U20s)

Simon bristol

6 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I thought I'd read somewhere that Tommy was called up to Scotland U21s, but just checked on the Scots FA site and it appears he hasn't been...

“The squad is boosted by the return of captain Josh Doig who missed the last camp through injury, and by the return of striker Tommy Conway. The Bristol City forward, who has also captained the Under-21s in the past, sat out the last two camps through injury.”

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-under-21s-aim-to-build-on-back-to-back-wins-as-squad-named-for-november-double-header/?rid=13925

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sturgess said:

“The squad is boosted by the return of captain Josh Doig who missed the last camp through injury, and by the return of striker Tommy Conway. The Bristol City forward, who has also captained the Under-21s in the past, sat out the last two camps through injury.”

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scotland-under-21s-aim-to-build-on-back-to-back-wins-as-squad-named-for-november-double-header/?rid=13925

Thanks for that, I thought I had read it somewhere.

• Like 1

Playing Italy tonight KO 7pm at Doncaster Rovers United.

Not sure if Bell will get a game, but I would think its likely given his experience and the fact that the U20s haven't had good results lately, team may benefit from a couple or three new faces.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/11/2023 at 19:45, Sturgess said:

Scottish U21s play tomorrow night against Belgium, 7pm KO.

Hopefully, Tommy gets a game - he needs the minutes to play himself into form imo.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Can't see it anywhere at the moment.

May find a stream nearer KO.

I did a Google and Evening Standard said it's on Fifa + , but I can only see U17 tomorrow. 
Bored of going round in circles.

Loads of dead end links

https://www.plus.fifa.com/en/showcase/upcoming-live-streams/39a0b94e-c003-4d9d-9c9c-40c6cd82b964

Edited by 1960maaan

13 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Subbed on 60 mins. From what i've heard (was making and having dinner at the time) it's not a particularly great performance by England. Sam involved in bits and pieces but i didn't catch any stand out moments.

We were second or third bottom in a table of about 12 teams. Italy were 2nd or 3rd. So not surprised to hear that.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Sam Bell starts for England Elite (U20s)
34 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

We were second or third bottom in a table of about 12 teams. Italy were 2nd or 3rd. So not surprised to hear that.

There are 8 teams in the league and England are 8th with zero points after three games.

We've always been strong at this level so its either down to the selections/coaching or the conveyor belt of good player has dried up. I don't know what it is as the coverage is shit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

There are 8 teams in the league and England are 8th with zero points after three games.

We've always been strong at this level so its either down to the selections/coaching or the conveyor belt of good player has dried up. I don't know what it is as the coverage is shit.

I’m not sure the conveyor belt has dried up.

Off the top of my head, I can think of two players who would be eligible, but, unfortunately, will not be selected.

Rico Lewis, who currently has his own thread on here, is unavailable as he has been named in the full England squad, as was Jude Bellingham, before he pulled out due to injury.

I believe a certain Alex Scott might also have been eligible.

8 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I’m not sure the conveyor belt has dried up.

Off the top of my head, I can think of two players who would be eligible, but, unfortunately, will not be selected.

Rico Lewis, who currently has his own thread on here, is unavailable as he has been named in the full England squad, as was Jude Bellingham, before he pulled out due to injury.

I believe a certain Alex Scott might also have been eligible.

Alex who , never heard of him 👀

A very proud day for Sam, Mickey his father, his mother, City fans everywhere.

That is two City youngsters who have played at England under 20 level. Plus those who have been selected for Wales, Scotland and Ireland.

I know that the outlook for our club is not all bright and sunny at this moment but there are so many things that remind me of a time just over fifty years ago.

Quality youth in abundance and a young manager / coach who servedserved their apprenticeships with quality seniors teaching them.

13 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

If Sam Bell is first choice I'd suggest the conveyor belt of talent has dried up!

• Like 2

Why oh why do some posters on here love to rubbish our own players?  We have one selected for England and immediately it's because there's no other talent available and the "conveyor belt" has dried up.  No doubt young players read the forum - they wouldn't be human if they didn't.  If someone, anyone, kept saying I was rubbish at my job it would undoubtedly affect my performance - even if I was able to dismiss them as not having a clue.

Maybe it's one of the reasons we are destined to be languishing in tiers 2,3 and sometimes 4.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 3