IGNORED

TGH, Knight and the Mehmeti blind spot

Silvio Dante

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Ah the squad the board were praising in quite strong terms post NP. :)

Finances seem to be fine now, or acceptable anyway as far as FFP is concerned..however it doesn't quite work for combinations and Mehmeti. Mehmeti wide, what of Bell? Mehmeti through the middle,what of control?

I meant the financial situation as in whether SL spends the money or not. Be interesting to see if LM can get the best out of Mehmeti and Roberts, who I also hope can fulfil his potential with City.

12 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

My issue with Mehmeti starting was that it appears he started purely because he was top of Mannings shopping list for Oxford in league one. 

Sam Bell who has just been called up to England U20s unreservedly gets dropped for him. 

You could make a case for starting either one over the other. And it would be difficult to second guess LM  but maybe that swung it.

No one joins a new team (in any workplace) and has every one sussed in 2-3 work days.

You have to allow the coach a bit of leeway.

Edited by Sleepy1968
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, UncleRed said:

I think when he says play without the ball, he means the pressing pattern and the certain triggers when to press. Probably a lot more complicated stuff, too much detail for us to worry about on here. Maybe he thinks that’s the easiest message to get across in the short time frame and he had before the game.

Dont think he meant sitting back and parking the bus behind the ball and hit them on the counter. These next two weeks I’m guessing he’ll work them hard on possession and patterns of play. May take weeks or months to finally getting them to play the way he wants. I for one will judge him when the times right, not a day or week(s) after arriving in Bristol.

Let’s hope it’s not months. As Rooney is finding out, you’ll soon drop like a stone and find the world against you. He needs to implement his style (with players who won’t necessarily suit it) whilst continuing to pick up points. Very difficult. To be fair, NP was doing that. The next phase would’ve been to add some quality to those already in the building, to take us to that next level. 

On 12/11/2023 at 16:10, Engvall’s Splinter said:

To be fair, NP was doing that. The next phase would’ve been to add some quality to those already in the building, to take us to that next level. 

Not sure about that, last year in Niges contract, brings in 7 players to play his way and get a new contract and we weren’t exactly setting the league alight or even getting close to the next level.

32 minutes ago, CityReds said:

Not sure about that, last year in Niges contract, brings in 7 players to play his way and get a new contract and we weren’t exactly setting the league alight or even getting close to the next level.

But getting closer?

IMG_9027.jpeg.0e9487134a87dd5c5cda75269ee71edd.jpeg

red line is 22/23 - 14th

We have been 7th and 8th (twice) at the end of a game week.

Don’t get me wrong I didn’t expect us the get top-6 at the start of the season, and I felt we’d miss Alex Scott too, but I’d hoped we could offset that impact with a player or two.

9/14 weeks in top-half.

6/14 weeks in top-ten.

How quick did the hierarchy expect the jump to be this season?  Obviously top-six from what they appear to be saying!!!

• Like 3