IGNORED

Just flagging…

Silvio Dante

1 minute ago, Spreadsheet Boy said:

Both Zuni and Waconda (remember him / her) are Native American in their origin.  Just saying.

It’s mental isn’t it Dave (if I’m not revealing your secret identity). People who seem to think they’re smarter than the average bear not understanding the basics that give them away…!

I really don’t get the fascination with it all. Logically, even if Bristol Sport employees signed up to the forum, couldn’t it just be they had an opinion on big news in their workplace? 

Could be non football fans but found themselves in a job at BS and started following City, Bears and Flyers and has gotten into it. Don’t many of you follow your work place on social media? So they come here to express actual opinions and get bullied off of the forum. Not very fair to fellow city fans. Maybe it was some sort of ploy by hierarchy but surely more likely just normal people wanting to discuss a hobby? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Facepalm 13

Yes but we’re “conspiracy theorists” for pointing out these posters.

The ones who mysteriously arrive, slag off Pearson but were nowhere to be seen when there was criticism of him around the WBA & Stoke games last December. Now disappear.

This isn’t aimed at those who I disagree with, but who have been on here all along, saying they don’t rate him, by the way.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

I really don’t get the fascination with it all. Logically, even if Bristol Sport employees signed up to the forum, couldn’t it just be they had an opinion on big news in their workplace? 

Could be non football fans but found themselves in a job at BS and started following City, Bears and Flyers and has gotten into it. Don’t many of you follow your work place on social media? So they come here to express actual opinions and get bullied off of the forum. Not very fair to fellow city fans. Maybe it was some sort of ploy by hierarchy but surely more likely just normal people wanting to discuss a hobby? 

Why would the timings be what they are if it was just BS employees with a passion for the game? And few employees are as sycophantic as to follow their employers point of view without a hint of challenge. 

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

But who then lost interest after Tuesday?

Pretty crap theory.

• Like 3

Just now, GrahamC said:

Yes but we’re “conspiracy theorists” for pointing out these posters.

The ones who mysteriously arrive, slag off Pearson but were nowhere to be seen when there was criticism of him around the WBA & Stoke games last December. Now disappear.

This isn’t aimed at those who I disagree with, but who have been on here all along, saying they don’t rate him, by the way.

You want a conspiracy.  Settle down champ and let me take you down the rabbit hole…

Forget the new accounts, they’re obvious (if slightly weird behaviour).  The real highlight is the group of accounts that registered around 2015. Most of these didn’t have many posts till recently, but almost all have been nudging certain messages when they have been active.  In the last month they seem to have become really active. 

Total coincidence? Yeah probably.  Too much time on my hands? Almost certainly. Still, it’s nice to dust off the human intelligence sourcing for an hour. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

You want a conspiracy.  Settle down champ and let me take you down the rabbit hole…

Forget the new accounts, they’re obvious (if slightly weird behaviour).  The real highlight is the group of accounts that registered around 2015. Most of these didn’t have many posts till recently, but almost all have been nudging certain messages when they have been active.  In the last month they seem to have become really active. 

Total coincidence? Yeah probably.  Too much time on my hands? Almost certainly. Still, it’s nice to dust off the human intelligence sourcing for an hour. 

Indeed they have.  You don’t need a spreadsheet, mask and a cape to notice that do you!

Standing Ovation Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

What happened in 2015?  Nov / Dec accounts, as they were gearing up for an event.

Edited by Spreadsheet Boy

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Bingo.

This is a fantastic forum, one of the best on the web. The fact that the club appear to have prima facie tried to engineer it is totally out of order.

The question has to be if Zuni was such a passionate Bristol City fan (and I don’t discount that people signing up who support the current regime are), why did he/she start becoming passionate when Pearson was sacked but decided to leave the forum when he was replaced. Did they stop caring after that point?

Unfortunately the whole scenario has the fingerprints of the ham fisted way JL and BT have handled things.

Own your decision you cowards.

Now I think about it, perhaps Pearson‘s very specific nod to OTIB in this tweet was a hint..

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

Football is increasingly data driven so one assumes that somewhere there is some analysis that backs up the view that the squad should be challenging for the top six..... Without data all we're left with are thoughts and opinions. 

The problem is that most of us think that the club moved Pearson on because his face didn't fit rather than for footballing reasons.

We can't change where we are so we need to give Manning a fair chance. But it's difficult to know what that is without knowing the data on what he's got at his disposal.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Why would the timings be what they are if it was just BS employees with a passion for the game? And few employees are as sycophantic as to follow their employers point of view without a hint of challenge. 

Because sacking a manager is big news with lots of opinions. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Fjmcity said:

It’s very much comes across as paranoia 

Maybe to people who are seeking to find an argument against that view, without being able to come up with any logic. OP has stated facts which for lots of people are reasonably compelling, the alternative argument appears to be to call them paranoid, not sure “you’ve a psychological problem” is winning the debate, but if that’s the route, fair enough. 

• Like 1