IGNORED

FBC Podcast: QPR [A] the verdict .... let's no overreact after just one game

headhunter

17 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Nailed their colours to the mast?

Sorry fella, but when is it wrong to wish a new manager well. We did the same with Pearson and Holden.

Do you want Manning to fail?

I think to be fair to you. Yours is always, a voice of reason on the podcast. I think it was last week you sounded like you were being attacked for actually trying to be very appreciative and balanced about NP’s tenure here. 

Never get the impression that you think yours is the only opinion. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

17 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, I saw it from Rob - @Olé - on Twitter. His context was that although we may have played badly in other games - I have no desire to revisit Brum or Reading last season for example - this was against a very poor team in very poor form, and we were in a better place than those performances. So it was the combo of us expected to be better, and a weak opponent.

Rob is one that attends every game and he tends to give a well reasoned and balanced analysis post each away game. Also comes up from London for every home game. I’d imagine there is some colouring by the disillusionment with the club at present but inherently he’s quite a balanced guy.

And I can’t see anything about it being “the worst for two years”, he said the most clueless and I’d have to agree. 

16 hours ago, headhunter said:

Good comment Mark.

FFS, I've read it all now from some on here suggesting we're now towing the party line!!!

There are comments at either end of the right/wrong spectrum regarding Nigel being fired and Manning being appointed.

The fact that this pod has created two pages of debate on a wet Sunday in November is testimony to it achieving its purpose of creating a platform for the expression of different views.

I have never professed to be a tactical expert akin to DaveFevs but when he's on as a guest I welcome his forensic analysis. I've yet to see a battery of criticism towards Neil Sutton's comments when he's been on. I think a lot of the antipathy towards Ian is not so much what he says but the "superior tone" of his delivery.

We must be doing something right as we're nudging 1500 downloads for some of our episodes - would be interested to know how that stacks up against 3Peaps and OSIB whose numbers don't appear to be in the public domain like ours,

Think you’ve hit the “Ian” nail on the head there!

Although he does seem to change his tune at times. He didn’t rate Pearson when we were playing poorly last season, asking how many games should we give him before we sack him, then was quieter when we had the good spell following Christmas, was largely quite about him from then on but now he’s gone, Ian’s back to lambasting NP again. 
He has great advice about what players we needed, but never took into account any of the financial constraints NP was under at the time  

Despite that me and my OH always listen to yours and 3 peeps podcast. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

I think to be fair to you. Yours is always, a voice of reason on the podcast. I think it was last week you sounded like you were being attacked for actually trying to be very appreciative and balanced about NP’s tenure here. 

Never get the impression that you think yours is the only opinion. 

Mark is the voice of reason and his analysis on the matches usually align with what I've seen. I guess that's what makes the podcast successful, it sparks strong opinions among the fans.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just tuned in to the podcast. I found the episode to be quite solid. The exaggerated response on this platform regarding the QPR game is unreasonable, although not unexpected. It's as if we suffered a 6-0 defeat.

The new manager only had around four days with the squad, so forming any negative opinions at this early stage seems irrational.

• Like 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, 2015 said:

Mark is the voice of reason and his analysis on the matches usually align with what I've seen. I guess that's what makes the podcast successful, it sparks strong opinions among the fans.

I’d concur with that , Neil is ‘steady’ , and along with Mark are the two who most consistently raise or make sensible / astute comments / observations on the football side 

Dave is a good and polished presenter / chair, rather than pundit , sorry Dave  , and Chris Honor , a nice bloke , humble , ex pro and genuine fan is always a great listen and great addition for the pod.

As for Ian Gay ........

• Like 2

23 hours ago, 2015 said:

I'm sorry I have been a long term fan of the podcast, but I have disagreed with a lot of the stances over the last week. Ok be positive but at least be consistent.

Most of the guests on the pod were negative about NP from the moment he took over and now you're telling people not to overreact and support the new head coach. 

Support the new coach ? Whatever our feelings to the board surely that’s a given ? 

• Like 4

I'm sure he will be supported by the bulk and majority but a bad start and pressure will be on, albeit the hierarchy would be much more deserving of the heat. There was no great clamour for change as far as I could see, so when you change in those circs you had better be right.

Any noticeable dip and it'll be interesting. A solid base was inherited, good luck to him and the team, let's see how it goes.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

I enjoy watching FBC, I missed the game and commentary so interested to hear any reviews on the game.

I didn’t find any of it controversial, even IG’s contribution. You need a bit of an edge. otherwise it would be a really short pod,

“what did you think of the game?” 
“it was ok”

“I thought it was ok too”

🥱😴

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Was chatting to my mate who came with me on Sat, he made a good point. It feels like McInness and his mate Tony Docherty. Getting similar initial vibes, we know the board like to repeat mistakes. 

Why ? Based on one game ?

22 hours ago, headhunter said:

Good comment Mark.

FFS, I've read it all now from some on here suggesting we're now towing the party line!!!

There are comments at either end of the right/wrong spectrum regarding Nigel being fired and Manning being appointed.

The fact that this pod has created two pages of debate on a wet Sunday in November is testimony to it achieving its purpose of creating a platform for the expression of different views.

I have never professed to be a tactical expert akin to DaveFevs but when he's on as a guest I welcome his forensic analysis. I've yet to see a battery of criticism towards Neil Sutton's comments when he's been on. I think a lot of the antipathy towards Ian is not so much what he says but the "superior tone" of his delivery.

We must be doing something right as we're nudging 1500 downloads for some of our episodes - would be interested to know how that stacks up against 3Peaps and OSIB whose numbers don't appear to be in the public domain like ours,

Listening to the podcast now. Can’t believe you spoke about the supposed “resting on an international break” and sounded as though you’d bought in to JLs comments and it being unheard of. 
Trust me no professional athlete would have 9 days off and do nothing. Each player would have had a programme to follow they are all hooked up so that their stats can be checked. And there’s no way any professional athlete would come back after training down to immediately start intense training. 

It’s standard practice when following high intensity training to have a period of “rest”. It’s the time the body needs to repair, muscles repair and build. It’s called training down. 

I don’t remember anyone questioning the teams fitness. Their fitness has always impressed. If there were Problems it was more likely to be due to being overplayed especially when there were a significant number of injuries. 

Edited by JP Hampton
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

16 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Listening to the podcast now. Can’t believe you spoke about the supposed “resting on an international break” and sounded as though you’d bought in to JLs comments and it being unheard of. 
Trust me no professional athlete would have 9 days off and do nothing. Each player would have had a programme to follow they are all hooked up so that their stats can be checked. And there’s no way any professional athlete would come back after training down to immediately start intense training. 

It’s standard practice when following high intensity training to have a period of “rest”. It’s the time the body needs to repair, muscles repair and build. It’s called training down. 

I don’t remember anyone questioning the teams fitness. Their fitness has always impressed. If there were Problems it was note likely to be due to being overplayed especially when there were a significant number of injuries. 

Yes, and due to a question from @Davefevs on this subject in the live chat I mentioned the players' individual fitness plans, and sought clarification from Ian and David about Jon Lansdown's comments. See from 40:42.

Edited by Curr Avon
  • Like 2