IGNORED

FBC Podcast: QPR [A] the verdict .... let's no overreact after just one game

headhunter

I'm sorry I have been a long term fan of the podcast, but I have disagreed with a lot of the stances over the last week. Ok be positive but at least be consistent.

Most of the guests on the pod were negative about NP from the moment he took over and now you're telling people not to overreact and support the new head coach. 

• Like 12

I listen to the Pod from time to time. Listening now.

I used to listen to OSIB avidly a day or 2 after a game, others here and there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but of the 3 pods- 3 Peaps, Forever Bristol City and OSIB as was, would people say OSIB the most independently minded?

3 Peaps has its affiliations do the club and FBC, Idk- a bit 'safe', falling in with the club line at times? Please correct if I'm being unfair or misreading.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

10 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I listen to the Pod from time to time. Listening now.

I used to listen to OSIB avidly post game, others here and there.

Correct me if I'm wrong but of the 3 pods- 3 Peaps, Forever Bristol City and OSIB as was, would people say OSIB the most independently minded?

3 Peaps has its affiliations do the club and FBC, Idk- a bit 'safe', falling in with the club line at times? Please correct if I'm being unfair or misreading.

3P does have affiliations to the club and, I think, share sponsors.

I don't think the same can be said of the other two.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yeah the affiliation and sponsorship bit sets them apart, but listening post NP sacking and to the one post QPR it seems a bit aligned.

Negative about NP and then swinging behind Manning as @2015 said, hmm. Perhaps more minority view of fans rather than pro club as such.

43 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah the affiliation and sponsorship bit sets them apart, but listening post NP sacking and to the one post QPR it seems a bit aligned.

Negative about NP and then swinging behind Manning as @2015 said, hmm. Perhaps more minority view of fans rather than pro club as such.

Definitely the latter. Mark not so much, but the rest of the guests were critical of NP very early on and are now having a dig at other fans for not being supportive of LM.

No understanding at all that the job NP took on was a total rebuild and having to tow the line with FFP. Also short memories of how awful we were when he took the job. Much worse than how he left it.

Edited by 2015
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

21 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Definitely the latter. Mark not so much, but the rest of the guests were critical of NP very early on and are now having a dig at other fans for not being supportive of LM.

No understanding at all that the job NP took on was a total rebuild and having to tow the line with FFP. Also short memories of how awful we were when he took the job. Much worse than how he left it.

NP and his team definitely left us in a better, much better position than they inherited.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, winsaw said:

This podcast dose feel a bit like propaganda for the club it's all about telling fans to back the party line and back the new manager, really not sure why they feel the need to gloss over so many issues at the club 

Isn't that exactly what we should be doing ?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2015 said:

No understanding at all that the job NP took on was a total rebuild and having to toe the line with FFP. Also short memories of how awful we were when he took the job. Much worse than how he left it.

Even last night on BBCRB Ian was saying “I told you at the start of the season we needed 4 more players, you can’t go into a season with as small a squad as we have because of injuries”.  In many respects he’s right, but…he’s playing the role of “I know best” when not having to give his thoughts under the same budget constraints as Nige Pearson or even Liam Manning. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Nope, none from an osib perspective. Tbh we are now just actively ignored, or told computer says no with the few odd requests for access for things we’ve had over the past few years. And the powers that be hilariously now say communication & openness to fans should be better! Ah well. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, 2015 said:

I'm sorry I have been a long term fan of the podcast, but I have disagreed with a lot of the stances over the last week. Ok be positive but at least be consistent.

Most of the guests on the pod were negative about NP from the moment he took over and now you're telling people not to overreact and support the new head coach. 

I think they've taken to heart the criticism on here about being negative so they've gone too far the other way

Edited by BasSavage88
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Nope, none from an osib perspective. Tbh we are now just actively ignored, or told computer says no with the few odd requests for access for things we’ve had over the past few years. And the powers that be hilariously now say communication & openness to fans should be better! Ah well. 

Wasn’t Jon Lansdown one of your first ‘cider with…’ guest? That seems a long time ago for the club.

19 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Would you attribute this to an extent to a relatively independent mindset or more a case of perhaps a reflection of the club closing ranks, being less open etc.

24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It's a far cry from those halcyon days when @Shtanley was providing colour commentary on RobinsTV.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Who on earth said it was “the worst in two years”?

Arguably the worst one this season, though Rotherham was little better until Conway’s intervention, but no way beyond that.

To be fair, I saw it from Rob - @Olé - on Twitter. His context was that although we may have played badly in other games - I have no desire to revisit Brum or Reading last season for example - this was against a very poor team in very poor form, and we were in a better place than those performances. So it was the combo of us expected to be better, and a weak opponent.

Rob is one that attends every game and he tends to give a well reasoned and balanced analysis post each away game. Also comes up from London for every home game. I’d imagine there is some colouring by the disillusionment with the club at present but inherently he’s quite a balanced guy.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

8 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They did a pod straight after Manning was announced and they all seemed delighted with the appointment. 

So they've nailed their colours to the mast. So for the immediate short term dont expect any balance by them as they don't want to look as if they were wrong.

Nailed their colours to the mast?

Sorry fella, but when is it wrong to wish a new manager well. We did the same with Pearson and Holden.

Do you want Manning to fail?

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, petehinton said:

I'll be giving OSIB a try in future. I don't want an echo chamber as I haven't always agreed with everything on FBC, but this last week has shown so much hypocrisy from the host and one of the insufferable guest's.

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

To be fair, I saw it from Rob - @Olé - on Twitter. His context was that although we may have played badly in other games - I have no desire to revisit Brum or Reading last season for example - this was against a very poor team in very poor form, and we were in a better place than those performances. So it was the combo of us expected to be better, and a weak opponent.

Rob is one that attends every game and he tends to give a well reasoned and balanced analysis post each away game. Also comes up from London for every home game. I’d imagine there is some colouring by the disillusionment with the club at present but inherently he’s quite a balanced guy.

Spot on.

In addition to your comment about Rob seeing every game whereas I only see home games in person these days, I’d also add it’s an opinion.

Not one I share but one he’s absolutely entitled to, especially considering his commitment to watching the club.

Also, without resorting to semantics, he’s said the most “clueless” we have looked, not “the worst performance” which could certainly be interpreted as meaning they don’t understand what they’re being asked to do, which after so little time with Manning is perhaps understandable.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 1