IGNORED

Players who are finished

Topper 123

Sorry, what? Think these days are long behind us. I can think of a couple that just aren’t in form/are not to the same standard they once were (Father Time finds all of us). But that is a pretty odd call out. So I’m calling BS and would love for you to name and shame because otherwise you’re being a bit of a drama queen…

What a bizarre post.

I genuinely don’t think we have any players who don’t “put it in”. Attitude from the group is pretty spot on. As for players declining and not being up to standard anymore - that happens for sure and sometimes the decline is dramatic but hardly anybody would just walk away from a contract - the one example I can recall was Chris Brunt who was shot and walked away from his deal.

So you’re left with who the OP is referring to as not up to standard as being too old. I’m assuming the names he have in the frame are Wells, Weimann, King and James. All have contributed in some way this season, probably Andi least, but you can’t fault his work rate.

Theres an adult debate to be had as to whether Weimann at least is still the player he was at this level. This isn’t it.

• Like 12

Absolute garbage as ever.

There is absolutely no lack of effort, spirit or motivation in this squad. They give absolutely everything they can and that in part shows in our very good goals against record.

There is however a lack of creativity, flair and imagination in the final third. None of this will be solved by anyone ‘working harder’. 

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Topper 123 said:

We at Bristol City are fed up of players getting BIG wages that are just not on board and giving 100% for the badge , I don’t like naming players but you must know and you fellow professionals must know who you are , if your spent then hang up your boots and stop robbing the club , if your not good enough and you’ll know then work harder and compete more because us the fans can see it -100 % is all we ask and for the wages you get that’s what we deserve, so PLAYERS buy into this and drive us forward as we will support you 

What I want to know is how did it take 2.5 years from you pressing send to this getting posted?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Someone do a post on where the players released summer 2021 are now

Ok;

Gilmartin, Ipswich goalkeeper coach.

Hunt, over the river.

Rowe, back at Doncaster.

Mariappa, Salford City

Adelakun  Lincoln

Lansbury, Retired 

Walsh Swansea

Watkins Kilmarnock 

Paterson Swansea 

Diedhiou Granada

Just about make a case that Lansbury as a squad player did ok at Luton before retiring & Paterson has played regularly at the same level as us, that’s about all though & God knows how much this lot cost us in wages & transfer fees.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Topper 123 said:

We at Bristol City are fed up of players getting BIG wages that are just not on board and giving 100% for the badge , I don’t like naming players but you must know and you fellow professionals must know who you are , if your spent then hang up your boots and stop robbing the club , if your not good enough and you’ll know then work harder and compete more because us the fans can see it -100 % is all we ask and for the wages you get that’s what we deserve, so PLAYERS buy into this and drive us forward as we will support you 

This is like one of those riddles Ted Rogers would give on 3-2-1. 

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Ok;

Gilmartin, Ipswich goalkeeper coach.

Hunt, over the river.

Rowe, back at Doncaster.

Mariappa, Salford City

Adelakun  Lincoln

Lansbury, Retired 

Walsh Swansea

Watkins Kilmarnock 

Paterson Swansea 

Diedhiou Granada

Just about make a case that Lansbury as a squad player did ok at Luton before retiring & Paterson has played regularly at the same level as us, that’s about all though & God knows how much this lot cost us in wages & transfer fees.

Granada are La Liga now albeit dunno whether Diedhiou has played much at all.

Just been having a think tbh.

In - 2021-22 (Summer) (5)

Tanner, *Simpson

Atkinson

James, King

Out- 2021-22 (11)

Gilmartin

Hunt

Mariappa

Rowe

Lansbury, Nagy, Walsh

Paterson

Watkins, Adelakun

Diedhiou

Expiring loans (2)

Mawson

Sessegnon

In- January 2022  (1)

Klose

2021-22 (1)

*Simpson, in and out.

In- 2022-23 (4)

Bajic

Wilson

Naismith

Sykes

Out- 2022-23 (Summer) (4)

Cundy

Bakinson

O'Dowda

Palmer

Just after summer 2023 (1)

Baker sadly has to retire. We pay up contract, too financially FFP hamstrung to add say Bamba on a free.

In- January 2023 (3)

*Haikin

Cornick, Mehmeti

Out- January 2023 (5 and 1)

Bentley, Bajic (loan)

Klose

Massengo (loan but inevitable)

Semenyo, Martin

In and then out (1)

*Haikin

Summer 2023- In (5)

McCrorie

Dickie

Roberts

Knight, Gardner-Hickman

Summer 2023- Out (4, 1 and 1)

Wilson

Kalas

DaSilva

Scott

Moore after loan spells left permanently, Massengo long goodbye transpired.

A free post Summer window (1)

Thomas (Just to fill in as 3rd GK while Wiles-Richards).

Total In

Total Out

28-30.

Squad was too big, too unwieldy and many things before but what chance did NP stand really. First the necessary FFP, then the totally unwarranted starving of resources.

Some came and went within a year or 2 ie Wilson, Haikin and Simpson proved short term, Moore especially wasn't within consideration. Perhaps 24 if we don't include some of those.

In and out in short order

Haikin and Simpson

Wilson and Klose too but they were over a year or more.

Moore had loans out before expiring.

We can argue about exact criteria but there is a net swing of 10-15 out.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

We've got a likeable and professional squad, which is great to see. I think they all want to do well for themselves and the club. We've done very well to move certain players on over the last couple of years.

Annoyingly, we're crying out for a couple of players like Alex Scott and Semenyo.

I think we'll finish around mid-table. We're light in certain positions. A physical striker or one with a bit of aerial presence would be good.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Arguably our squad is now too small

There must be a middle way

Hindsight says it was a risk going into the season with 3 CB's , but no one could have expected the amount of injuries we have had. McCrorie fit and one more CB and I think the situation looks different. 
All if's and buts know, and I think many were saying we could have done with 1/2 more players. Nige hinted at it , Tinnion said Pearson didn't want one when offered. Those 2 players would have made the difference IMO.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 1team said:

Wondering if this is seed sowing for the release of James and King. Paranoia I know, but don't know this poster.

Both out of contract next summer.

The only way King leaves before then is if we pay him off.

James will be thinking about his future in January, so could be moving on, but he’s started 15 out of 16, this isn’t some back up player, he’d need a straight replacement.

My hunch is he’ll see the season out & look at his options then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

Both out of contract next summer.

The only way King leaves before then is if we pay him off.

James will be thinking about his future in January, so could be moving on, but he’s started 15 out of 16, this isn’t some back up player, he’d need a straight replacement.

My hunch is he’ll see the season out & look at his options then.

For my money I'd keep him. 
One of the better players this season, been very consistent . As you say not a bit part player, so you have to weigh up wages Vs Cost of replacing + wages .

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

For my money I'd keep him. 
One of the better players this season, been very consistent . As you say not a bit part player, so you have to weigh up wages Vs Cost of replacing + wages .

Id keep james too, king and williams should be allowed to leave with tgh coming in as a starting midfielder with knight, ideally with a creative midfielder who can get some goals.

7 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Id keep james too, king and williams should be allowed to leave with tgh coming in as a starting midfielder with knight, ideally with a creative midfielder who can get some goals.

I like Williams, had some bad luck and maybe given some bad medical advice with injuries. The other problem is ( if the word is true ) he is one of the higher earners, I doubt the Club would want to match what he is on so could be more money wasted. I would keep him , on the right terms, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him walk at the end of his contract.

4 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

Football Week GIF

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just been having a think tbh.

In - 2021-22 (Summer) (5)

Tanner, *Simpson

Atkinson

James, King

Out- 2021-22 (11)

Gilmartin

Hunt

Mariappa

Rowe

Lansbury, Nagy, Walsh

Paterson

Watkins, Adelakun

Diedhiou

Expiring loans (2)

Mawson

Sessegnon

In- January 2022  (1)

Klose

2021-22 (1)

*Simpson, in and out.

In- 2022-23 (4)

Bajic

Wilson

Naismith

Sykes

Out- 2022-23 (Summer) (4)

Cundy

Bakinson

O'Dowda

Palmer

Just after summer 2023 (1)

Baker sadly has to retire. We pay up contract, too financially FFP hamstrung to add say Bamba on a free.

In- January 2023 (3)

*Haikin

Cornick, Mehmeti

Out- January 2023 (5 and 1)

Bentley, Bajic (loan)

Klose

Massengo (loan but inevitable)

Semenyo, Martin

In and then out (1)

*Haikin

Summer 2023- In (5)

McCrorie

Dickie

Roberts

Knight, Gardner-Hickman

Summer 2023- Out (4, 1 and 1)

Wilson

Kalas

DaSilva

Scott

Moore after loan spells left permanently, Massengo long goodbye transpired.

A free post Summer window (1)

Thomas (Just to fill in as 3rd GK while Wiles-Richards).

Total In

Total Out

28-30.

Squad was too big, too unwieldy and many things before but what chance did NP stand really. First the necessary FFP, then the totally unwarranted starving of resources.

Some came and went within a year or 2 ie Wilson, Haikin and Simpson proved short term, Moore especially wasn't within consideration. Perhaps 24 if we don't include some of those.

In and out in short order

Haikin and Simpson

Wilson and Klose too but they were over a year or more.

Moore had loans out before expiring.

We can argue about exact criteria but there is a net swing of 10-15 out.

What a job Nige did

To manage a large outflux of overpaid unwanted players and a much smaller influx, whilst keeping us competitive and nowhere near relegation

• Like 11