IGNORED

Players who are finished

Topper 123

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Hindsight says it was a risk going into the season with 3 CB's , but no one could have expected the amount of injuries we have had. McCrorie fit and one more CB and I think the situation looks different. 
All if's and buts know, and I think many were saying we could have done with 1/2 more players. Nige hinted at it , Tinnion said Pearson didn't want one when offered. Those 2 players would have made the difference IMO.

Guess the view was Vyner, Dickie and Naismith, with Roberts and McCrorie versatile until Atkinson came back.

4 hours ago, Topper 123 said:

We at Bristol City are fed up of players getting BIG wages that are just not on board and giving 100% for the badge , I don’t like naming players but you must know and you fellow professionals must know who you are , if your spent then hang up your boots and stop robbing the club , if your not good enough and you’ll know then work harder and compete more because us the fans can see it -100 % is all we ask and for the wages you get that’s what we deserve, so PLAYERS buy into this and drive us forward as we will support you 

Oxygen thief 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Guess the view was Vyner, Dickie and Naismith, with Roberts and McCrorie versatile until Atkinson came back.

Which was my thinking at the time ,  with Pring and Tanner both having filled in there at times. 
The timing and places injuries hit were as damaging as the numbers.  Everything is easy with hindsight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

What a bizarre post.

I genuinely don’t think we have any players who don’t “put it in”. Attitude from the group is pretty spot on. As for players declining and not being up to standard anymore - that happens for sure and sometimes the decline is dramatic but hardly anybody would just walk away from a contract - the one example I can recall was Chris Brunt who was shot and walked away from his deal.

So you’re left with who the OP is referring to as not up to standard as being too old. I’m assuming the names he have in the frame are Wells, Weimann, King and James. All have contributed in some way this season, probably Andi least, but you can’t fault his work rate.

Theres an adult debate to be had as to whether Weimann at least is still the player he was at this level. This isn’t it.

I was going to suggest you might add Joe Williams to your brief list, but I have just checked and see he is only 26 - he will be 27 in a few weeks.

Additionally, his occasional lack of performance is probably more due to his injury problems (whose fault that is doesn’t fall in this thread).

Similarly, Kal Naismith, whilst soon to be 32, seems to show no real signs of slowing down, repeated injuries notwithstanding.

In short, I think I share your view that the OP was rather strange, provocative even.

Is it a way of attempting to rally support behind Manning by the OP by suggesting certain players are bad applies, that the club need to spend a bit- therefore thereorically giving Manning a better chance of success.

The OP certainly could name players they consider to be a poor influence, phoning it in etc if they want to expand their argument.

On 12/11/2023 at 17:13, Topper 123 said:

We at Bristol City are fed up of players getting BIG wages that are just not on board and giving 100% for the badge , I don’t like naming players but you must know and you fellow professionals must know who you are , if your spent then hang up your boots and stop robbing the club , if your not good enough and you’ll know then work harder and compete more because us the fans can see it -100 % is all we ask and for the wages you get that’s what we deserve, so PLAYERS buy into this and drive us forward as we will support you 

Great Pep Talk.........ever thought of going into motivational speaking?...............  😜

Edited by maxjak

On 12/11/2023 at 19:06, GrahamC said:

Ok;

Gilmartin, Ipswich goalkeeper coach.

Hunt, over the river.

Rowe, back at Doncaster.

Mariappa, Salford City

Adelakun  Lincoln

Lansbury, Retired 

Walsh Swansea

Watkins Kilmarnock 

Paterson Swansea 

Diedhiou Granada

Just about make a case that Lansbury as a squad player did ok at Luton before retiring & Paterson has played regularly at the same level as us, that’s about all though & God knows how much this lot cost us in wages & transfer fees.

Thanks.............that;s really interesting.............Diedhiou at Grenada?  What happened to his Turkish Adventure?

On 12/11/2023 at 20:29, ChubStixx said:

We've got a likeable and professional squad, which is great to see. I think they all want to do well for themselves and the club. We've done very well to move certain players on over the last couple of years.

Annoyingly, we're crying out for a couple of players like Alex Scott and Semenyo.

I think we'll finish around mid-table. We're light in certain positions. A physical striker or one with a bit of aerial presence would be good.

Can    only dream?  But with Antoine and Alex in that side, we would be top 6?  I would love to have seen Semenyo and Conway as a reqular front two?  Please allow me to daydream?  Ha!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Thanks.............that;s really interesting.............Diedhiou at Grenada?  What happened to his Turkish Adventure?

He had a dispute as they didn’t appear to have paid his wages.

Joined Granada as a result but very much a back up player there.

• Thanks 1

On 12/11/2023 at 17:13, Topper 123 said:

Absolutely! If they can't put a decent shift in they should leave and sign for our vets team up at the tented village in Horfield!

🤪

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. Effectively went on strike and refused to go back to Turkey after the World Cup, then moved to Granada in the January window.

The grass is always greener …. oh, hang on. 

Next week we will see a posting by his Agent of him posing by a street sign in Bemmy declaring his undying love for BCFC and that he never wanted leave in the first place.

• Haha 1

I do not subscribe to the view that some players give less than 100%, in many ways the culture that N.P. and his "coaching" team developed was one of real spirit and being ready when called upon. Based on squad value one report indicates they hold 3rd spot in over achievement so far this season with only Ipswich & P.N.E. ahead of us. Certainly that tight knit squad he preferred was a departure from the over abundance of similar like talents that has been part of our recent history. I can even recall a televised away game at Brentford when B.T. was manager ( or was it coach), the commentator referred to us as the " Chelsea" of the division, sadly not for the quality of our play but the fact we had so many players!

An additional player or two most certainly would have been beneficial recently yet our commitment to the academy pipe line is integral to the overall operation, the prospects of international breaks would also influence optimism of return to fitness times. However, J.L. and B.T. need to return to reality and stop claiming that Pearson's squad was capable of  a play off position. The bookmakers latest prediction have seen us drop from 12th place to 15th, with Manning's "on field" coaching influence, return of the injured, coupled with some January activity let us hope he can add some real quality to the areas where more quality is so necessary. Then a 12th place finish can be considered success.