IGNORED

Jonathan Pearce Question and Answer event FREE OF CHARGE in Bristol.

Never to the dark side

walkers and talkers at Gloucestershire county ground

this coming Wednesday 15th November

walking from 10:00am

Q and A from 11:00am

If you can't attend please advise other footy fans, like your parents and grand parents

Does any one have any nice story"s on meeting Jonathan Pearce?

Edited by Never to the dark side
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

walkers and talkers at Gloucestershire county ground

this coming Wednesday 15th November

walking from 10:00am

Q and A from 11:00am

If you can't attend please advise other footy fans, like your parents and grand parents

Does any one have any nice story"s on meeting Jonathan Pearce?

Met him at the Ashton Gate 8 presentation / celebration yonks ago (2007?) back in the old Dolman that he compered.   I didn’t know a great deal about the situation back then as it was well before my time (hence me wanting to go and learn). JP was fantastic in explaining and celebrating the acts of those men on stage and off stage we met and had a chat and he couldn’t have been nicer.   

Also I just love how he gets something City related in all his co - such a dude! 

Enjoy the event - literally around the corner from me but I’ll be working sadly - would’ve liked to attend. 

It's a bit ironic that for all the City games he used to attend when he was a youngster, even if he was basically 'the cameraman's assistant', I don't think he's attended more than a few (maybe none, but I'd hope not) City games in years due to work commitments. I would still class him as 100% Bristol City nevertheless.

I met JP at a mate's house in South Africa during the world cup in 2010 - he was based in Cape Town at the time and wasn't scheduled to commentate, so had the afternoon off and came down to see my mate. I seem to recall we watched the England vs Germany game. Possibly the biggest disappointment of all time. and strangely he didn't commentate at all during the match 😉

A genuinely top bloke who knows loads about the game. He had a couple of beers was totally down to earth and was pleased to meet a fellow fan; albeit an exiled one.