IGNORED

Details of Alex scott transfer (Bristol world)

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If so it would be a record fee but not quite £25m.

Assume 5 instalments of £4.5m is what it meant..we'll find out for sure in the next accounts if it shows on Post Balance Sheet events or 2023-24 so sometime in 2024 or 2025.

Another 4 would be 5, we'd have one at the initial transfer time, so 5x4.5m = 22.5 + 2m for survival and 1m for appearances make a potential fee of 25.5 add the 25% of profit.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, James54De said:

So 22.5 million up-front, plus a possible 3 million in instalments. 

Still a decent fee for me, particularly as he was injured when we sold him and wouldn't have had the benefit of him playing for anumber of months into this season.

25% of a future sell on , is also decent. Anything around £50-60m and another £8-10m coming our way.

We sold him at the best time for the club financially.

A few other transfers on that article are interesting as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

My favourite thing about that entire story is that the information was taken from Football Manager 24. 

Not sure if that helps or hinders the validity of their claims. 

Thats why I said I'm not sure if it's right but it's a good talking point if so. Maybe someone's in the know but it is the way clubs do business now with the break down of fees payed(installments)

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

My favourite thing about that entire story is that the information was taken from Football Manager 24. 

Not sure if that helps or hinders the validity of their claims. 

I was gonna ask what source they used!

As you say, that doesn’t necessarily imply it’s wrong.

We will get closer to the truth when we see last season’s accounts and the notes showing net movements after 30th June.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Street red said:

Thats why I said I'm not sure if it's right but it's a good talking point if so. Maybe someone's in the know but it is the way clubs do business now with the break down of fees payed(installments)

I think fees have always been paid in installments, unless a club is in financial distress is having a fire-sale, in which case the immediacy of the payment likely means a player is sold for less than they might usually command.

Helps with cash flow and liquidity, meaning you might well decide to sign two now, knowing or hoping you'll be losing a prize asset in the near future.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Still a decent fee for me, particularly as he was injured when we sold him and wouldn't have had the benefit of him playing for anumber of months into this season.

25% of a future sell on , is also decent. Anything around £50-60m and another £8-10m coming our way.

We sold him at the best time for the club financially.

A few other transfers on that article are interesting as well.

And he's injured again until January...

Very good bit of business from us. If only we would actually reinvest some of it... 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was gonna ask what source they used!

As you say, that doesn’t necessarily imply it’s wrong.

We will get closer to the truth when we see last season’s accounts and the notes showing net movements after 30th June.

Might be a stupid question (if these figure are true) If Scott is sold by Bournemouth in 2025 and we get the 25% of that transfer would we still get the remaining installments from Bournemouth for the original transfer from us? 

7 minutes ago, Street red said:

Might be a stupid question (if these figure are true) If Scott is sold by Bournemouth in 2025 and we get the 25% of that transfer would we still get the remaining installments from Bournemouth for the original transfer from us? 

I'd have thought so. Paid as per the terms of his sale to them.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Yeah that's the clown. Been on ignore ever since, so managed to mostly avoid their inspired views on the Manning appointment. Deary me.

I appreciate your very kind words. 

But let's not rewrite history. I never claimed we got 25 million up front. That's a bare faced lie of yours. I claimed the total value of the guaranteed fee is 25 million of which I stand by.

18 minutes ago, Fammyfan said:

The upfront instalment is the one that could be higher, it could be higher than £4.5m but considering the injury, even £22.5m plus add ons (and considerably likely add ons) represents good business.

The 25% sell on could be substantial in future.

Hopefully a substantial fee but it might be small as it's 25% of any profit...

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Hopefully a substantial fee but it might be small as it's 25% of any profit...

The sell on based on any profit seems to be becoming pretty standard

There's a lot of hype about him already, if he can get fit and stay fit, can see him quite comfortably costing the next buyer £40m+

42 minutes ago, Fammyfan said:

The upfront instalment is the one that could be higher, it could be higher than £4.5m but considering the injury, even £22.5m plus add ons (and considerably likely add ons) represents good business.

The 25% sell on could be substantial in future.

If he had stayed with us this season (and suffered the second injury, given he was already injured when we sold him), either he would have gone for next to nothing in January or for whatever compensation payment we could have got at the end of the season.

So, 22, 22.5 or 25mil, I think we couldn't have done any better! Plus we would be missing our best player.

• Like 3

The other consideration, which complicates things is that the fee may have boosted because of the instalments.  We don’t need to worry about that though, although I’ve seen some stuff from Keiran Maguire suggesting some may treat the “credit terms” differently.

E.g. £20m fee if paid in one go

or

£22.5m if paid over 4 years (£4.5m immediately, £4.5m at the end of years 1,2,3&4).

The club might decide to put Transfer Profit as £20m, and “interest” as £2.5m.  They might not though.

Ultimately we are still due £22.5m (taking the Football Manager numbers).

I guess the main reason this could be relevant is if another club is bidding and you want to compare like for like.

There was a story that in the Semenyo transfer Palace offered less up-front (and less overall) hence why Bournemouth were the only club with a successful bid.  But had they offered the same, we may still’ve gone with  Bournemouth because they offered more up-front.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

Another 4 would be 5, we'd have one at the initial transfer time, so 5x4.5m = 22.5 + 2m for survival and 1m for appearances make a potential fee of 25.5 add the 25% of profit.

I assume there could be a typo because it reads...

"Bristol City are owed another 4 instalments of £4.M each. July 2024- £4.5M July 2025- £4.5M July 2026- £4.5M July 2027- £4.5M".

It's poorly written anyway and we don't even know if it is right for sure yet.

Found the article, appears to be from FM24 so pinch of salt?

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city-transfers-alex-scott-antoine-semenyo-lloyd-kelly-bournemouth-burnley-west-brom-4410475

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I assume there could be a typo because it reads...

"Bristol City are owed another 4 instalments of £4.M each. July 2024- £4.5M July 2025- £4.5M July 2026- £4.5M July 2027- £4.5M".

It's poorly written anyway and we don't even know if it is right for sure yet.

Found the article, appears to be from FM24 so pinch of salt?

https://www.bristolworld.com/sport/football/bristol-city-transfers-alex-scott-antoine-semenyo-lloyd-kelly-bournemouth-burnley-west-brom-4410475

The FM process will be for the City and Bournemouth researchers to use whatever info / evidence they can gather and send it to a Head Researcher to decide what goes into the game.

So unless either of both parties have genuine ITK sources it will be best guess, might be a pretty accurate best guess though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Surely there was some pr1ck on here insistent that it was 25 million up front, payable now, right now??? Not instalments, right now???

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Why not just cc them @W-S-M Seagull

And I did try telling them at the time... 

Well that's both of you on his blocked list (if you weren't before) :) 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The FM process will be for the City and Bournemouth researchers to use whatever info / evidence they can gather and send it to a Head Researcher to decide what goes into the game.

So unless either of both parties have genuine ITK sources it will be best guess, might be a pretty accurate best guess though.

A best guess that will turn in to OTIB FACT by midnight! 🙂

11 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I reckon it is something between £20-25m personally. Payment structure instalment wise either over 4 or 5 years but equal ones however they fall.

I've not played FM in years, in some ways it is becoming more true to life it seems. (FFP rules e.g.- maybe I'll buy it again. :laugh: ).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

And he's injured again until January...

Very good bit of business from us. If only we would actually reinvest some of it... 

£700k downpayment on TGH, that’s what passes for investment from SL these days.

Up the nest egg.