IGNORED

Former grounds quiz

Dr Balls

4 hours ago, CodeRed said:

13 out of 15, the 2 overseas grounds Schalke and the Calderon stumped me!  slight guess on Ninian Park as I don't ever remember it being open terrace like that picture but the shirts helped and by elimination it couldn't be the others.

Here's another old lost ground, picture taken in 1929 and it staged league football until 2005 (redeveloped obviously) when the club moved to a new stadium. which club?

the vetch.jpg

:Looking at the angle of the houses behind the goal

lm going with The dell Southampton

5 hours ago, CodeRed said:

13 out of 15, the 2 overseas grounds Schalke and the Calderon stumped me!  slight guess on Ninian Park as I don't ever remember it being open terrace like that picture but the shirts helped and by elimination it couldn't be the others.

Here's another old lost ground, picture taken in 1929 and it staged league football until 2005 (redeveloped obviously) when the club moved to a new stadium. which club?

the vetch.jpg

That is one very weird looking stadium, I had no idea where it was at first.

I have cheated online (out of curiosity) so won't give away the answer but it continued to look very weird in later years! It looks like something Picasso would have designed.

5 hours ago, CodeRed said:

slight guess on Ninian Park as I don't ever remember it being open terrace like that picture but the shirts helped

I believe it's John Charles pictured - in the red shirt of Wales. Or for those of you watching in black and white, the, er, black shirt.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

Only 8 for me. I hadn’t a clue with the foreign ground and all of my guesses for these were wrong. I’d actually been to some of the UK grounds that I got wrong, but as that connoisseur of all thing football and beer, @Dr Balls, said  it’s all about the angles 

Angles are very interesting - e.g. When  a line crosses parallel lines,
alternate angles are equal.
When a line crosses parallel lines,
corresponding angles are equal.

Not a lot of many people know that 

• Like 1