IGNORED

Engerlund vs Malta

SecretSam

2 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Yes, it hit Kane. But more to the point, how come VAR chose to check that, and not two penalty shouts, one of which was a pretty 'clear and obvious error'? 

It did - guess they thought otherwise and the Kane one seems to have divided opinion .

Rashford could have got an indirect free kick for obstruction if a foul had been given .

2 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Sorry to break it to you guys and girls, but we ain’t gonna win the World Cup 

So based on a result where we had no reason to win whatsoever because we had already qualified, and the World Cup which is a completely different competition is not for another three years you have the foresight to predict that, well done. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Markthehorn said:

Rashford could have got an indirect free kick for obstruction if a foul had been given .

As there was contact between Rashford and the defender, I think any deemed obstruction would have resulted in a penalty, not an indirect free kick. 

I think an indirect free kick for obstruction only arises if a player is obstructed without any contact AND with the ball being deemed to be out of playing distance for both players, which is quite rare. It’s also why players shepherding the ball out of play while being harried by an opponent, or taking the ball to the corner flag to waste time towards the end of a game, generally aren’t penalised for obstruction. 

5 hours ago, North London Red said:

As there was contact between Rashford and the defender, I think any deemed obstruction would have resulted in a penalty, not an indirect free kick. 

I think an indirect free kick for obstruction only arises if a player is obstructed without any contact AND with the ball being deemed to be out of playing distance for both players, which is quite rare. It’s also why players shepherding the ball out of play while being harried by an opponent, or taking the ball to the corner flag to waste time towards the end of a game, generally aren’t penalised for obstruction. 

Are you going on Monday ? If so I’ll try and catch you for a drink and chat 

Inductee to the ‘Dolman Early’ Club here.

Gently, nodded off during later periods of the first half and then finally lost the will to live on the 60 minute mark and went off to bed. May be watching Gareth Southgate’s England could be added to NHS sleep therapy courses.

Woeful. Just really awful. 

4 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

How are we all getting there? I’ve had a fair few flights cancelled but doing it via 5 flights 😂

Flying from Luton direct Monday morning wiz air then back into Gatwick on Tuesday via Austria. Had the original flights cancelled so a little bit last minute dot com

• Like 1

I’ve been to almost every home game for the last few years now and that’s probably the worst performance since Hungary battered us at Wolves.

I’ll caveat it by saying, dead game, already qualified and got the win. That’s all that really matters.

No team plays brilliant every game, even Man City have bad games and get wins - I feel the criticism is harsher when England do it, maybe because the games are less regular?

All that said, I think Southgate got loads wrong tonight. Tomori at left back seems bizarre. He’s never played there and he’s right footed - at least put him RB and trippier LB if that’s the experiment you want to do.

Henderson doesn’t need to be there any more. I don’t think JWP is good enough, but for this game it’d have been worth trying him. Why play rashford when he’s so out of form? Could have started Palmer.

It was a very well drilled Malta side to be fair, and it was only when the likes of Saka, Rice and Palmer came on that we started to pull them apart a bit.

No panic though, a full strength side would have demolished them. Watching that and saying we’ve no chance at the World Cup (what about the Euros first?) is just silly.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bazooka Joe said:

This poor performance against the Maltese made me cross.

And if we lose to Switzerland when we next play them, i'll be really cheesed off...

(That was a pretty awful game last night though - reminiscent of the fare served up during my occasional foray to A.G. over the last few years)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

I’ve been to almost every home game for the last few years now and that’s probably the worst performance since Hungary battered us at Wolves.

I’ll caveat it by saying, dead game, already qualified and got the win. That’s all that really matters.

No team plays brilliant every game, even Man City have bad games and get wins - I feel the criticism is harsher when England do it, maybe because the games are less regular?

All that said, I think Southgate got loads wrong tonight. Tomori at left back seems bizarre. He’s never played there and he’s right footed - at least put him RB and trippier LB if that’s the experiment you want to do.

Henderson doesn’t need to be there any more. I don’t think JWP is good enough, but for this game it’d have been worth trying him. Why play rashford when he’s so out of form? Could have started Palmer.

It was a very well drilled Malta side to be fair, and it was only when the likes of Saka, Rice and Palmer came on that we started to pull them apart a bit.

No panic though, a full strength side would have demolished them. Watching that and saying we’ve no chance at the World Cup (what about the Euros first?) is just silly.

Seemed to be a lack of pace and general foward thinking until the subs came on.

Showed how much we would miss Bellingham already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarcusX said:

How are you guys getting tickets? How many caps do you have?

Ive been unsuccessful in every ballot so far 😒

I’m on 36 caps so snuck into the cut off as I was on 32 at time.

Keep going to every home game and applying though / I got Bulgaria and Germany in ballot against the odds and then once you get to those kinds of games you’ll move right up. 

Edited by Alex_BCFC