IGNORED

LUKE WILLIAMS

bemmyredjeff

On 18/11/2023 at 15:27, transfer reader said:

Hang on, one of the big concerns over Manning was that he hadn't managed above League 1.

Williams has been relegated from League 1 and not managed as many games in League 1 as Manning.

So why is a League 2 manager who was performing worse at a lower level (for both managers this season) more desirable?

Because he's not the person that we, or more importantly SL, appointed.

It's no different with player signings. We sign player x and then we get a load of posts saying how bad player x and that we should have signed player y, who is performing better for someone else. That is, of course, until we eventually sign player y, who then morphs into player x once he's here!

Manning's had one game in charge , and that after what, only 2 days with the players? I am convinced that some on here secretly want us to crash and burn under Manning, if only to prove and justify their argument about SL and NP's sacking, although they would of course deny such an accusation, as "no City fan ever wants the team to lose". 

I've said before, that had Manning been appointed by Millwall or another championship rival ( I've read independent comments that Manning was being closely followed by a number of decent championship clubs), all those knocking him would probably be posting that he's just the sort of young, forward thinking manager that we should be appointing, but because he's SL's appointment, and SL is the man who sacked NP then.................

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

• Admin
3 hours ago, downendcity said:

Because he's not the person that we, or more importantly SL, appointed.

It's no different with player signings. We sign player x and then we get a load of posts saying how bad player x and that we should have signed player y, who is performing better for someone else. That is, of course, until we eventually sign player y, who then morphs into player x once he's here!

Manning's had one game in charge , and that after what, only 2 days with the players? I am convinced that some on here secretly want us to crash and burn under Manning, if only to prove and justify their argument about SL and NP's sacking, although they would of course deny such an accusation, as "no City fan ever wants the team to lose". 

I've said before, that had Manning been appointed by Millwall or another championship rival ( I've read independent comments that Manning was being closely followed by a number of decent championship clubs), all those knocking him would probably be posting that he's just the sort of young, forward thinking manager that we should be appointing, but because he's SL's appointment, and SL is the man who sacked NP then.................

Speaking as one of the "SL was wrong to sack NP" posters, can I just say that of all the candidates we could have thereafter appointed, Manning was my number 1 pick. 

No back-tracking for me, it will be here, quotable, probably by MRR, whenever anyone chooses to in the future :D

The problem with pigeon-holing people is there are vastly different opinions within each group you (general you, not you you downendcity) create. It's why I pay no heed to people accusing us of being a fickle bunch, we often are not, it's just different people being vocal at different times depending on circumstances.

• Haha 1

On 18/11/2023 at 13:24, bemmyredjeff said:

Watching Notts County annihilate Bradford City with an enterprising first half display perhaps we went for the wrong lower league manager.

Bradford look awful, but despite that been very impressed with Countys style of play.

You might just as well have watched Notts County v Mansfield on October 14th............when you could have watched the home match where  Mansfield annihilated Notts County 4-1?   One swallow doesn't make a summer or a BJ?   One game in isolation tells you nothing, and is a pointless exercise IMHO?  The comment that Bradford City looked awful.....surely tells you everything?    

Edited by maxjak

32 minutes ago, maxjak said:

You might just as well have watched Notts County v Mansfield on October 14th............when you could have watched the home match where  Mansfield annihilated Notts County 4-1?   One swallow doesn't make a summer or a BJ?   One game in isolation tells you nothing, and is a pointless exercise IMHO?  The comment that Bradford City looked awful.....surely tells you everything?    

One Swallow doesn't make a summer or BJ? How did that get passed the Mods :laugh:.

• Haha 1