IGNORED

LUKE WILLIAMS

bemmyredjeff

2 hours ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Watching Notts County annihilate Bradford City with an enterprising first half display perhaps we went for the wrong lower league manager.

Bradford look awful, but despite that been very impressed with Countys style of play.

Problem with this argument is we won’t be playing Bradford City.

None of us have a clue how Manning will get on, but one game in I’m not sure saying some other bloke has a team that is beating Bradford City tells us anything.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

My biggest worry with Manning is he has never had a nest egg to spend and he is going to become a prettier taller LJ!

What? I'm not sure I find either pretty.  Now that Theo Walcot if he went into management we could call him pretty assuming he doesn't age terribly.

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

My biggest worry with Manning is he has never had a nest egg to spend and he is going to become a prettier taller LJ!

1 hour ago, Cov 77 said:

Based on **** all 

Based on he has never had a nest egg to spend and it’s a worry also That he might become a better looking less vertically challenged LJ! 

You really shouldn’t post after you have consumed a couple of wine gums on a Saturday.  Good advice not followed by so many!

Edited by REDOXO

8 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Problem with this argument is we won’t be playing Bradford City.

None of us have a clue how Manning will get on, but one game in I’m not sure saying some other bloke has a team that is beating Bradford City tells us anything.

Exactly. 
It’s all well and good saying Notts played well today, but did you see how much room Bradford were allowing them to play. There was zero press. I’d be confident of bottom of the league FGR being able to play though that Bradford non-press. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Watching Notts County annihilate Bradford City with an enterprising first half display perhaps we went for the wrong lower league manager.

Bradford look awful, but despite that been very impressed with Countys style of play.

How can you possibly say perhaps we went for the wrong manager after one game?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

What? I'm not sure I find either pretty.  Now that Theo Walcot if he went into management we could call him pretty assuming he doesn't age terribly.

My wife actually quite liked LJ, but she thinks Manning is very nice. :facepalm:.

Being considered hot by a menopausal woman in her late 50's may not get him on to the cover of a magazine though. 🤣

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, transfer reader said:

Hang on, one of the big concerns over Manning was that he hadn't managed above League 1.

Williams has been relegated from League 1 and not managed as many games in League 1 as Manning.

So why is a League 2 manager who was performing worse at a lower level (for both managers this season) more desirable?

Because his team looked good on TV once, against a poor Bradford side

Some posters on here can judge a player on one game, make that half a game

so they can do the same with managers 

PEP watch out