IGNORED

Dream Premier League

sglosbcfc

We all want Bristol City to storm into the play offs and make it to the Premier League (however unlikely that might feel now). But if you could make up your dream Premier League, who would make it in and why? Here is mine in no particular order -

1. Bristol City - best team in the land, so they have to be in

2. Cardiff City - love a Severnside derby and they'd take up one of the three relegation places

3. Swansea City - always has an edge to it, even if it isn't quite as fierce as Cardiff and they'd take up one of the three relegation places

4. Man City - best team in the country

5. Liverpool - huge club

6. Man Utd - huge club

7. Millwall - always an extra edge to games against them and they'd take up one of the three relegation places

8. Arsenal - huge club and I've never seen us play them.

9. Spurs - huge club and they humiliated Rovers.

10. Aston Villa - big club and their fans make a good atmosphere

11. Chelsea - big club and happy memories of beating them in the FA Cup

12. Leeds U - big club and we had one of our best results in our history against them

13. Sheff Utd - real football fans, deserve the top flight, no prawn sandwich brigade in Sheffield!

14. Sheff Weds - real football fans, deserve the top flight, no prawn sandwich brigade in Sheffield!

15. Wimbledon - I feel for them after they were shafted in the whole MK Dons debacle

16. Newcastle U - big club, passionate fans

17. West Ham Utd - I want to visit their new(ish) stadium

18. Everton - big club, very loyal fan base

19. Brentford - deserve to remain in the top flight after their miraculous journey

20. Notts County - great stadium, loyal fans, oldest club in the country...and they're not Forest.

Nb: I did consider a Bristol derby in the Premier League, but it didn't feel right to rescue them from the lower leagues. I'm also convinced the PL would not allow garden furniture and tents as 'stadium facilities'.

Spurs were the last team we played in the top flight and them and neighbours Arsenal are the only two top flight clubs we’ve not played a competitive match against since.

So definitely those two, especially as we did the double over both in our first season back up in 1976/77.

And as we’ve been in the middle two divisions for almost 40 years now, it’d be nice to have all the big guns up there.

And then a sprinkling of rubbish teams so we don’t get relegated. 

• Like 2

What’s with the Sheffield love in?

They reckon they’ve got their own share of the prawn sandwich brigade, even if you don’t!

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/389332-sheffield-wednesday-two-years-ahead-of-united/#comments

I love going to Hillsborough, by the way. Not so much Bramall Lane!

(The article linked in the first post on the Sheffield forum thread is intriguing, even if 10 years old. Don’t recall seeing it before, but it’s probably on here somewhere!) 

1 minute ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Them, Rovers, Torquay, Plymouth, Taunton Town, Weymouth, Weston, Cheltenham, Forest Green, Truro City, Swindon Supermarine (not town), Yeovil, Plymouth Parkway, Mangotsfield and Bristol Manor Farm.

Every game a derby game.

And guaranteed Premier League champions.

I would swap Plymouth Parkway for Buckland Athletic (Newton Abbot) I went to watch them yesterday, they’ve come from next to nothing and now have a great set up, excellent clubhouse with good food and drink. And they won 12-0 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

I would swap Plymouth Parkway for Buckland Athletic (Newton Abbot) I went to watch them yesterday, they’ve come from next to nothing and now have a great set up, excellent clubhouse with good food and drink. And they won 12-0 

Actually one to watch much further west, in Cornwall is Mousehole, which will seem bizarre to anyone who has ever visited the seaside village.

They have a professional set up and are going up the leagues.

Though tbh I couldn't even guess where their ground is given that Mousehole is all on land sloping down to the harbour.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Actually one to watch much further west, in Cornwall is Mousehole, which will seem bizarre to anyone who has ever visited the seaside village.

Though tbh I couldn't even guess where their ground is given that Mousehole is all on land sloping down to the harbour.

Their ground is up at Paul on top of the cliffs - I went past it the other day as it goes, looks tidy. It`s where any new building has to be sited due to what you`ve said - a bit like Polruan or Polperro in that repect,

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, sglosbcfc said:

We all want Bristol City to storm into the play offs and make it to the Premier League (however unlikely that might feel now). But if you could make up your dream Premier League, who would make it in and why? Here is mine in no particular order -

2. Cardiff City - love a Severnside derby and they'd take up one of the three relegation places

3. Swansea City - always has an edge to it, even if it isn't quite as fierce as Cardiff and they'd take up one of the three relegation places

5. Liverpool - huge club

6. Man Utd - huge club

7. Millwall - always an extra edge to games against them and they'd take up one of the three relegation places

12. Leeds U - big club and we had one of our best results in our history against them

13. Sheff Utd - real football fans, deserve the top flight, no prawn sandwich brigade in Sheffield!

14. Sheff Weds - real football fans, deserve the top flight, no prawn sandwich brigade in Sheffield!

15. Wimbledon - I feel for them after they were shafted in the whole MK Dons debacle

19. Brentford - deserve to remain in the top flight after their miraculous journey

20. Notts County - great stadium, loyal fans, oldest club in the country...and they're not Forest.

Nb: I did consider a Bristol derby in the Premier League, but it didn't feel right to rescue them from the lower leagues. I'm also convinced the PL would not allow garden furniture and tents as 'stadium facilities'.

You haven't included the following:

1) BCFC U21's

2) BCFC Women

3) Bristol Bears

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Millbrook seem a tad out of their depth having shipped in 76 goals in 12 games losing the lot!!!!!!

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Played against Buckland back in the day at their old ground Homers Lane. they even held the Herald Cup Final there ( South Devon League) for a few years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

5. Liverpool - huge club

6. Man Utd - huge club

Blimey, if that is a dream PL we may as well get relegated to League One!  

28 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Cardiff & Swansea for edge, but not Swindon..?!

F'king hate Swindon so I'd like the edge of games against them in it.

A bit like Rovers, I feel I dislike them too much to parachute them into the Prem. You're right though, games have a definite edge.

12 minutes ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

Blimey, if that is a dream PL we may as well get relegated to League One!  

Strange comment, as pretty much all the biggest ten clubs in the country are part of it.

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

What’s with the Sheffield love in?

They reckon they’ve got their own share of the prawn sandwich brigade, even if you don’t!

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/389332-sheffield-wednesday-two-years-ahead-of-united/#comments

I love going to Hillsborough, by the way. Not so much Bramall Lane!

(The article linked in the first post on the Sheffield forum thread is intriguing, even if 10 years old. Don’t recall seeing it before, but it’s probably on here somewhere!) 

Always been a great atmosphere whenever I've been to either Sheffield club and they travel in decent numbers to Ashton. Both grounds are traditional grounds and feel real stadiums. Genuine people as well, one or two knob heads aside of course.

1 minute ago, sglosbcfc said:

A bit like Rovers, I feel I dislike them too much to parachute them into the Prem. You're right though, games have a definite edge.

Strange comment, as pretty much all the biggest ten clubs in the country are part of it.

True, but at least Swindon have been in the top flight themselves, by their own doing & wouldn't be requiring a completely hypothetical miracle, like the gas would. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stephenkibby. said:

Millbrook seem a tad out of their depth having shipped in 76 goals in 12 games losing the lot!!!!!!

Apparently their manager left in the summer and went to Saltash taking all the decent players with him.

This left Millbrook in the shit big time and a relying on youth to get a full team out.

But fair play to them, for a, never giving up despite having a player sent off very early on, which when you’ve been regularly hammered it would be easy for heads to drop.

And b, fulfilling their fixtures. They have been playing better recently apparently, yesterday nothing went their way. Hopefully they’ll pick up a point or two soon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Geographical spread of well supported clubs representing the best cities in the country so something like

Bristol City

Cardiff City

Brighton

Arsenal

Chelsea

Spurs

West Ham

Villa

Wolves

Forest

Leicester

Norwich

Man Utd

Man City

Everton

Liverpool

Sheff Wed

Leeds

Newcastle

Sunderland

Based on fans, East Midlands should have Derby County. 

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Their ground is up at Paul on top of the cliffs - I went past it the other day as it goes, looks tidy. It`s where any new building has to be sited due to what you`ve said - a bit like Polruan or Polperro in that repect,

ive driven my zafira round mousehole, **** trying to get a coach round there😂

• Haha 1

I don't care if we get promoted to the PL, all I care about is we play good quality football in a sustainable way.  If we get there awesomeness if not my team is healthy.  I really don't want to end up watching the team buckling under financial mistakes because it becomes an obsession.  We had a whiff of it under Pearsons tenure, but it could have been a while lot worse.

6 hours ago, sglosbcfc said:

5. Liverpool - huge club

6. Man Utd - huge club

Id have Rovers over Cardiff.  I have some very good friends who make up the blue few.  And I really miss proper banter, where as with Cardiff I think they are a surrogate for the gas given recent years.

51 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Id have Rovers over Cardiff.  I have some very good friends who make up the blue few.  And I really miss proper banter, where as with Cardiff I think they are a surrogate for the gas given recent years.

But would you want to give them the glory of a first top flight season??

18 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

image.png.55d57f0c85ed7532ae5300745dd08ec5.png

Can't think why they are going up the leagues then? :)

• Haha 4

Don't care about either Welsh club, think the 'derbies' with both are actually among the worst in the UK. Our West Country derbies are better with Rovers and Swindon as there is a genuine two way dislike between the clubs. 

Just don't feel the derby with Cardiff is the same anymore since they moved from Ninian Park. Swansea has always been crap too. My unpopular opinion of the day done anyway.

• Like 1