IGNORED

Liam Manning on SOTC

Silvio Dante

16 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

You can’t really comment on it if you haven’t listened to it 

No, I haven’t listened to it. Hence why I asked two questions.

Ive listened to all his City stuff so far, and some of the Oxford stuff. I’ve heard enough to form an opinion.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

He can say all the right things as much as he wants. There are only two things that will matter, performances and results.

Clearly not as people are still having a melt down over the dismissal of ‘Nige’

Both the performances and results were poor yet people go on like he was one of the best managers we’ve ever had 

We hadn’t had back to back wins in over 30 games 😅

• Like 5
  • Facepalm 1

40 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Clearly not as people are still having a melt down over the dismissal of ‘Nige’

Both the performances and results were poor yet people go on like he was one of the best managers we’ve ever had 

We hadn’t had back to back wins in over 30 games 😅

If standards drop below, people won't be happy.

1.4 PPG when he joined..year on year it got a bit better. Solid base inherited. 40% win ratio.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His reign wasn’t all about results and performances though was it?

Recent history tells us that he inherited a shit situation, and kept us competitive in the championship…something others couldn’t do…whilst gradually improving us.

And he had to sell his best players…apart from he wasn’t to invest at anywhere near the levels of others.

I think most “Nige fans” are hugely respectful of the job he did rather than see him as anything like the messiah that his non-fans try to claim we see him as.

He certainly had a lot of disciples. I was mainly Thomas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I would say the latter .

One thing there can’t be is a downturn. I think most people would take similar results to achieved by Nige if performances improved. History has shown though we’re less patient to accept results if performance is poor (I’m thinking Holden). The QPR game was one where we expected a point minimum no matter who was in charge but the poor nature of the performance reflected badly.

Summary: I think, unless results go through the roof with worse performance, we’d take performances improving primarily. If, however, results stay the same/marginally improve or worsen and performance takes a downturn, then I think that’s what causes the most potential issues

Edited by Silvio Dante
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

He can say all the right things as much as he wants. There are only two things that will matter, performances and results.

Completely agree. Again I found him a tough listen, although the questions were very bland, apart from touching on the personal aspect very slightly. 

Manning speaks very quickly but manages to say very little and litters statements with almost Lee Johnson level buzz words (really don’t want to hear “principles” again!) that don’t really give any meaning. 

To your point though no one will care if he wins games and gets promotion. 

• Like 6