IGNORED

Structural changes - Men’s First Team Support Staff

CyderInACan

• The title was changed to Structural changes - Men’s First Team Support Staff

Bristol City has made some structural and personnel changes to the men’s first team support staff.

The vacant Head of Medical Performance role will now be split between two positions – Head of Medical and Head of Athletic Performance. 

Andrew Proctor will step up to become the club’s interim Head of Medical whilst a full recruitment process for that role, welcoming internal and external applications, will get underway. The Medical Team will include two physiotherapists and two existing sports therapists. 

Derrick Bonsu (pictured above) has been promoted to Head of Athletic Performance, following the departure of Head of Fitness and Conditioning Patrick Orme. Patrick leaves the club with our thanks after seven years of service and we wish him the very best for his new role at Swansea City.     

Bonsu will have responsibility for the delivery of our sports science and strength and conditioning programmes. He will be supported by Andy Kavanagh, who will be joining us from Birmingham City as Head of Sports Science on December 4th, along with an existing strength and conditioning coach and assistant sports scientist.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Bristol City has made some structural and personnel changes to the men’s first team support staff.

The vacant Head of Medical Performance role will now be split between two positions – Head of Medical and Head of Athletic Performance. 

Andrew Proctor will step up to become the club’s interim Head of Medical whilst a full recruitment process for that role, welcoming internal and external applications, will get underway. The Medical Team will include two physiotherapists and two existing sports therapists. 

Derrick Bonsu (pictured above) has been promoted to Head of Athletic Performance, following the departure of Head of Fitness and Conditioning Patrick Orme. Patrick leaves the club with our thanks after seven years of service and we wish him the very best for his new role at Swansea City.     

Bonsu will have responsibility for the delivery of our sports science and strength and conditioning programmes. He will be supported by Andy Kavanagh, who will be joining us from Birmingham City as Head of Sports Science on December 4th, along with an existing strength and conditioning coach and assistant sports scientist.

Kavanagh LinkedIn:

IMG_1900.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

What’s the untold story behind this?

Did Orme decide to leave on his own accord? Why - a promotion? Natural time for a change as NP has left?

Any hidden messages behind the restructuring?

Who’s in charge of warming players up now etc - is that Bonsu?

Going off of Dave Rennie’s post Orme is off to Swansea so likely left by his own accord

IMG_3291.jpeg

1 hour ago, B-Rizzle said:

What’s the untold story behind this?

Did Orme decide to leave on his own accord? Why - a promotion? Natural time for a change as NP has left?

Any hidden messages behind the restructuring?

Who’s in charge of warming players up now etc - is that Bonsu?

⬇️⬇️⬇️

1 hour ago, CTIDhc said:

Going off of Dave Rennie’s post Orme is off to Swansea so likely left by his own accord

IMG_3291.jpeg

As per @Lrrr’s post, it looks like Paddy left of his own accord, because his job was advertised weeks and weeks ago, well before Nige was sacked. That suggests he handed in his notice a while back and has been serving said notice.

Looks like Sam Cook has been doing the warm-ups…SC on his shorts!!!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

As per @Lrrr’s post, it looks like Paddy left of his own accord, because his job was advertised weeks and weeks ago, well before Nige was sacked. That suggests he handed in his notice a while back and has been serving said notice.

A Change is Gonna Come then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Has it been announced if Dave rennie was sacked or walked out in solidarity with nige ? After being chucked under the bus by Lansdown , I’d imagine he was pushed.  

Although Nige left the club having been relieved of his duties, and Jason and Dave left too, followed by Curtis…I can only deduce they were all sacked.

Personally I doubt it was a stand of solidarity, ie “if Nige goes, I’m going too”, or the other way around, ie “if you’re sacking Dave you’ll have to sack me too”.

For me, when you hear JL and Tins talk about things like “on the grass coach” and “deconditioned” and “not trained for how we want to play” it’s pretty clear (to me) they were sacked along with Nige.

Although I’d rather they hadn’t sacked them, they have, but the interviews they gave giving their reasons were very poor, and put a lot of unnecessary pressure on Manning and his set-up.  Another example where they’ve not engaged their brain properly.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't believe they've got rid of some people I have never heard of, and replaced them with other people I have never heard of.

I hope Pembo survived the cull.

(Until someone tells me otherwise, I don't know if I am supposed to be thrilled or outraged).

Despite Jon Lansdown’s apparent in depth knowledge of sports science most sane people seem to think Dave Rennie was a true subject matter expert in this area & a rare occasion where we had recruited from the very top of the tree.

We did have a temporary injury crisis for the Cardiff game so you either think Rennie’s methods were responsible for that or as it lasted a week & several of these players were back on the pitch by the Sheffield Wednesday match, it was coincidental bad luck.

Once Pearson was sacked Rennie was never staying on, but the comments by JL & Tinnion & this inference that they both allowed the players to piss about during international breaks were ludicrous & also not remotely backed up by our results.

The guy from Birmingham has a decent CV & so appears a sound appointment but the downgrading of the role in the structure is the far bigger issue.

Let’s see how this all plays out.

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Although Nige left the club having been relieved of his duties, and Jason and Dave left too, followed by Curtis…I can only deduce they were all sacked.

Personally I doubt it was a stand of solidarity, ie “if Nige goes, I’m going too”, or the other way around, ie “if you’re sacking Dave you’ll have to sack me too”.

For me, when you hear JL and Tins talk about things like “on the grass coach” and “deconditioned” and “not trained for how we want to play” it’s pretty clear (to me) they were sacked along with Nige.

Although I’d rather they hadn’t sacked them, they have, but the interviews they gave giving their reasons were very poor, and put a lot of unnecessary pressure on Manning and his set-up.  Another example where they’ve not engaged their brain properly.

What, they engaged their brains? 🤔

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Can't believe they've got rid of some people I have never heard of, and replaced them with other people I have never heard of.

I hope Pembo survived the cull.

(Until someone tells me otherwise, I don't know if I am supposed to be thrilled or outraged).

Key questions still remain unanswered ; Where are your food vouchers ?

Idem , yellow goalkeeper’s socks ?

Where’s Twentyman when you need him ? 

21 hours ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

A bit of a worry if he gets them to twist again too often.