IGNORED

Manning first Pre game

Mr Popodopolous

27 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

He didn't say "to be fair" once and I think he looks mainly like himself.

He certainly came across as more comfortable/relaxed than he he did on SotC, seems like he’s settling in pretty well.

Be interesting so see some of the ‘principles’, rotation and shape that he talked about against  Boro on Saturday.

• Like 3

Quite difficult for the team to work on offensive play when two key players in knight and Sykes aren’t there, if you add in bell then potentially three key players missing.

Would imagine they won’t be back in training until Thursday, if they have avoided any injuries, so just a couple of days to get up to speed, not the best preparation for a tough fixture.

Boro may have lost players to the international break but they won’t have changed their tactics.

This is going to be a tough baptism for the new head coach.

16 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Quite difficult for the team to work on offensive play when two key players in knight and Sykes aren’t there, if you add in bell then potentially three key players missing.

Would imagine they won’t be back in training until Thursday, if they have avoided any injuries, so just a couple of days to get up to speed, not the best preparation for a tough fixture.

Boro may have lost players to the international break but they won’t have changed their tactics.

This is going to be a tough baptism for the new head coach.

And Wells....

Yes difficult indeed picking and training a team with players not available.

If he needs advice about this maybe he should ring Nigel Pearson, he could tell him the best 17 year old players available to remain competitive.

I at least expect us to be competitive.....

With a bit of AI thrown in, I could be LM in that interview and nobody would've known the difference. Not his fault as he couldn't really answer the questions any differently could he?

I'm sure we will see more of the same in the proper presser but hopefully an update on injury progress and news that those away on international duty returned unscathed.

At the moment, LM’s interviews are just a case of us getting used to his style, like many of us had to with Nige.

The thing I’ll be looking for is whether his answers become more insightful over time.  At the mo’ he is on auto-pilot, repeating his mantra of how he works, not a lot more…because there’s only been one match to start to ask questions about.  And that is fine.

A response of “there were some good things against QPR” will need expanding upon in time with “what were the good things”, “why were they good”, etc.

I’m sure he will be guarded on some things, just like Nige.

I hope our interviewers don’t go down the line of asking about contract talks or transfers, they are easily batted away without needing to answer, and focus on the game-stuff, because there is gonna be lots of nuances in the way we play coming up.

• Like 1

He certainly in his talk at least seems a bit more detailed and comprehensive in his game talk, whether our players can pick up what he wants them to do is another matter , it does seem all a bit tech stuff compared to Nige great if it comes off but I get the feeling he might be in a higher classroom grade than most of our players , basically Manning on the front desk by the teacher players at the back desk throwing paper around the classroom .

• Confused 1

Run of the mill in house interview, no surprises, yet to warm fully to him but sure I will if results go our way

When Nige was manager, how many games did we lose by a margin of two or more than two goals?

Most games we lost were by single goal, we were usually competitive and always in games - I don’t think we ever got stuffed 

Players will need to be right on it defensively Saturday 

Most times that losing goal was in the last 5 mins of games , don’t get me wrong I was a Nige in man but we did seem to make the same mistakes and were very weak mentally for a long part of his tenure , that was up until the last few months end of last year start of this - then we sack him - that what I found strange 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, redkev said:

Most times that losing goal was in the last 5 mins of games , don’t get me wrong I was a Nige in man but we did seem to make the same mistakes and were very weak mentally for a long part of his tenure , that was up until the last few months end of last year start of this - then we sack him - that what I found strange 

Quite possibly being mentally weak because physically weak..  Rennie said it took them best part of 2 years to get them to the fitness levels required.

And over that period those games of inevitability (Forest - home 🤢🤢🤢) have all but disappeared.

Manning seems to think we are fit too.

image.thumb.png.d30ebfb2adaecc40378227d8a9b3bbb3.png

Often the first thing a new manager claims as an improvement is around fitness.  I quite like that he laid his stall out in his first interview that he wasn’t gonna use this as an “early-win”.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Any reason why you’ve changed your handle and avatar to try and foster deliberate confusion with @Davefevs?

@Davefevs is Davefevs.  I'm Spreadsheet man. His avatar is blue, mine is red. I don't see the confusion. More than happy to change the avatar though if it helps you? 
Just a bit of bants. I'm spreadsheet man, spreadsheet boys long lost cousin. 

Edited by Spreadsheet Man
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ghost Rider.

I look forward to seeing his style of “bants”.  His previous posting style didn’t appear to have much “bants” in it.  But maybe a trip to Mexico has helped him see the light! 😉

Good god!!  Figures. 
Glad to you back to Fevs though, I was getting confused a while back!  

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ghost Rider.

I look forward to seeing his style of “bants”.  His previous posting style didn’t appear to have much “bants” in it.  But maybe a trip to Mexico has helped him see the light! 😉

Ah. I wondered why I had a new poster on ignore :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ghost Rider.

Haha, come on David, don't be like that. Mexico was a life-changing experience. The tacos, the tequila, the whole enchilada – they've all conspired to turn me into the Bantersaurus rex you see before you. Who knew that guacamole had such transformative powers? Now armed with a sombrero of satire and a poncho of puns, I'm ready to unleash a fiesta of "bants" upon the world. It's like I've unlocked the secret level of humour, and Mexico was the key. Ole!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Quite possibly being mentally weak because physically weak..  Rennie said it took them best part of 2 years to get them to the fitness levels required.

And over that period those games of inevitability (Forest - home 🤢🤢🤢) have all but disappeared.

Manning seems to think we are fit too.

image.thumb.png.d30ebfb2adaecc40378227d8a9b3bbb3.png

Often the first thing a new manager claims as an improvement is around fitness.  I quite like that he laid his stall out in his first interview that he wasn’t gonna use this as an “early-win”.

So he doesn't agree with Jon that the players have been de-conditioned then.

Early days and no doubt he will learn not to disagree with the hierarchy. That never ends well.😉

49 minutes ago, Crimson Crayola said:

Interesting to see Tinnion in the background of a training session. Am I right in reading somewhere that Sykes stated they'd have material to mull over while away? If so it will hopefully mean him, Bell and Knighty can get their heads around the new system and fancy lines on the HPC pitch.

So he is. So he’s basically been in the background of everything Manning related the club have put out so far. 

I’m in the camp that him going out there watching training, especially 3 weeks in, is odd behaviour. What does he gain out of that? First one, or two, I can maybe get out of curiosity or to maybe be seen as giving Manning support, but basically 3 weeks in….it gives OFSTED inspector watching a teacher vibes. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Like 6