IGNORED

Favourite Away ground you visited following City.

SomeRandomBristolian

12 minutes ago, SomeRandomBristolian said:

Just wondering what peoples favourite stadium was, that they visited as an away fan following City. I did enjoy Fulham when I visited there.

Griffin Park, my all time favourite.

I also liked Villa Park even though we lost 5-0 and I nearly got hit by a meat pie.

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

Brisbane Road (in the early 70s) for four reasons.

Of all the London clubs, Orient didn't have a firm. Instead we were able to walk into any part of the ground and make it ours for the afternoon.

They had a bar serving beer in glasses(!) straight onto the terraces.

One of their directors was in the tea trade and the club shop sold packets of very tasty tea to take home.

City regularly won there.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Griffin Park, my all time favourite.

I also liked Villa Park even though we lost 5-0 and I nearly got hit by a meat pie.

Yeah Griffin Park was one of my favourites too. One of the last places to have terracing, decent pubs, a good chippie and usually a competitive game. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SomeRandomBristolian said:

Just wondering what peoples favourite stadium was, that they visited as an away fan following City. I did enjoy Fulham when I visited there.

Fulham for the day out, hard to beat, but Stadium/ground that's harder IMO.

Probably the older ones Newcastle before they put away fans in the outer atmosphere, Elm Park , Filbert street , Brunton Park and Gresty Rd.

11 minutes ago, 22A said:

Brisbane Road (in the early 70s) for four reasons.

Of all the London clubs, Orient didn't have a firm. Instead we were able to walk into any part of the ground and make it ours for the afternoon.

They had a bar serving beer in glasses(!) straight onto the terraces.

One of their directors was in the tea trade and the club shop sold packets of very tasty tea to take home.

City regularly won there.

Everyone has some group or another . We had our tyres slashed on the Van our 1-1 Promotion draw, 89/90 I think.

The bar on/in the back of the stand was a surprise.
Went for out 4-1 hammering in the Cup, even had to wear blue shirts , 1982 ish. 
Me and a mate in their seats and spent every penny we had on beer, and then got thrown out 🤣

Edited by 1960maaan

57 minutes ago, SomeRandomBristolian said:

I think Fulham for me too. Easy to get to on the train. Safe and pleasant stroll by the river and through the park. Good atmosphere in a traditional ground. Plus it helps that we’ve had some good results recently eg Tomlin’s last minute free kick. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jacs said:

Yeah Griffin Park was one of my favourites too. One of the last places to have terracing, decent pubs, a good chippie and usually a competitive game. 

It had everything! Still look out for it when I’m on the coach out of London. You can just see it from the elevated section

I like the old school grounds, in the town/city pubs nearby etc, favourites include Griffin Park, Fulham, Saltergate, Baseball,

Grounds I hate 

Ricoh, WBA, Home Pk - soleless. 

St. Andrews -  crap ground, crap area, crap pubs.

Upton Park - first went late 60's for the cup game as a 13 year old schoolboy with  2 friends and we got jumped on and whacked by a dozen big brave men outside the tube station. I've disliked Hammers and their scumbag fans ever since!

• Like 2