IGNORED

Favourite Away ground you visited following City.

SomeRandomBristolian

15 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I liked Millwall in both of its versions. Some great stories!

Must have been there 15 times and only remember losing twice in well over 55 years! 

I've always enjoyed going to Millwall but thought I might be on my own with that one! 

My favourite away trip was Man City in 2018 or whenever it was. Not sure if it was actually the ground so much as the occasion.

Also - whilst nowhere near my favourite ground - I've fond memories of City fans singing "you're not singing any more" toward the (then) non-existent fourth stand at Watford...

I was rather hoping they'd show the City fans in this video. It was pre-Hillsborough, and one of the most packed I've ever been on some terracing.

I think we had a very slight chance of making the play offs IF all the results went for us that day. As it happens, they didn't, but a great day out nevertheless.

https://youtu.be/Evkj2QVjT14

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I've always enjoyed going to Millwall but thought I might be on my own with that one! 

My favourite away trip was Man City in 2018 or whenever it was. Not sure if it was actually the ground so much as the occasion.

Also - whilst nowhere near my favourite ground - I've fond memories of City fans singing "you're not singing any more" toward the (then) non-existent fourth stand at Watford...

I went to Millwall for the infamous CB radio match, in 1984. Mad place.

Never been to the New Den.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 1team said:

Funnily enough, tomorrow's opponents old ground ( Ayresome Park) had a great atmosphere, always an intimidating place to go but a proper ground. 

Went there twice with City. The famous occasion when the OB “stopped a certain firm” from getting in to Boro after a lively night game at AG. This was back in the 80s. Ayresome Park was an intimidating ground to visit in the 80s as an away fan - not far off The Old Den level TBH. 

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

I went to Millwall for the infamous CB radio match, in 1984. Mad place.

Never been to the New Den.

That was probably the most dangerous football match I ever went to. Knowle West coaches/firm (from The Venture if memory serves me right), turned up 20 minutes after kickoff and the The Old Den emptied!!!!

Edited by fisherrich
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Went to ayresome with the cats, we had a chance or a pen turned down I think they went down the other end and scored, my only time on cats duty, where there was two service station stops there and back!

They won 1-0 with a dodgy penalty.

John MacPhail's hand was down by his side, the cross hit at him point blank.

VAR today says no pen, hand in a natural position.

It wasn't a pen back then either but wtf does George fukin Courtney of Spennymoor know. F all that's what. Not that any of this still annoys me, mind.

Courteney had already sent Big Joe off by then, just because Joe had put a ballboy on his ass, chinned their keeper and offered out their entire home end. All at once. Or some other minor infringement. Approximately.

Didn't help that we'd already missed a penalty by then, of course.

A lively day out for sure, on and off - golf balls sent our way on arrival? Fore!

On the back of a lively day at our place earlier, of course. We annihilated them but allowed Archie fukin gasscuntStephens to score twice. Ffs Coops, can we not defend?

So, a heck of a day, both. 1987. Blimey.

Coach loads of ours marching north for the away game but kettled by old bill before they'd even left town (before kettling was even a thing).

Heck of a season, ending with Swindon and Wembley.

Gordon Owen says hello.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Was it Millmoor that had a sort of Club/bar/disco attached to the ground?
Sure we went in before a game one year. 

Might be mixing it up with somewhere else.

No, don’t think you’re mixing it up, I remember that too. In my mind it was some sort of supporters club, through a door in the lane down one side of the ground? Don’t remember the disco…but it was a friendly place where home and away fans could mix before the game. 

• Thanks 1