IGNORED

for those heading to Southampton,you can get back by train after match

Never to the dark side

@Never to the dark side - A risky strategy as it’s about a 25-30 minute walk from the ground to the station. With the extra extra time we get nowadays, plus a delay in leaving the ground it could result in a run to catch the train.  Perhaps this explains why you’re always out of breath when we hear you on Radio Bristol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Super said:

There actually isn't that many.

The one at the top of "Dead Maids*" nearly caught me out many a time when I was rushing home for work late. Is it still there? 

*If you ever wondered about that name by the way https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Dead_Maids

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

The one at the top of "Dead Maids*" nearly caught me out many a time when I was rushing home for work late. Is it still there? 

*If you ever wondered about that name by the way https://www.sabre-roads.org.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Dead_Maids

I think that's gone. There is one before you get to Salisbury and one before Totton but think that is all. A lot of signs but no actual cameras!

Edited by Super
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

@Never to the dark side - A risky strategy as it’s about a 25-30 minute walk from the ground to the station. With the extra extra time we get nowadays, plus a delay in leaving the ground it could result in a run to catch the train.  Perhaps this explains why you’re always out of breath when we hear you on Radio Bristol 

I've been contemplating this for a week or two. The last train to London is even earlier, 10pm, I reckon the walk is doable in 15 minutes at pace, but as you say with the extended injury time it's almost a lottery. There are shuttle buses supposedly but can't find any details of how quickly they leave after the game.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Bloody hell, there's two of 'em :)

We just need someone on the forum who is an expert on buses. I used to work with someone who was an expert on the various types of post boxes that are installed. It was fascinating 

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

We just need someone on the forum who is an expert on buses. I used to work with someone who was an expert on the various types of post boxes that are installed. It was fascinating 

I often think there is a gap in the book market for one about War Memorials and stories behind the names on them - I find them fascinating and often wish I knew more.

I imagine the research required would be incredibly huge though and I expect most parishes/towns have the history recorded somewhere if you wanted to look.

Perhaps with the 80th anniversary of the end of WW2 coming up there may be something about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I often think there is a gap in the book market for one about War Memorials and stories behind the names on them - I find them fascinating and often wish I knew more.

I imagine the research required would be incredibly huge though and I expect most parishes/towns have the history recorded somewhere if you wanted to look.

Perhaps with the 80th anniversary of the end of WW2 coming up there may be something about.

On a similar theme, although it sounds a bit morbid, old gravestones in churchyards are interesting. Families who lived in the 1800s - there must be a story 

• Like 1

For those delayed going to the game yesterday, don’t forget you can claim money back.

Ours was over an hour late arriving so should get all the money for that leg back. Unfortunately I was also 40 minutes late going back today, so some back for that too.

I’d rather had been on time this morning than claim money having spent 1 hour 20 minutes on an absolutely freezing Westbury station.