IGNORED

Relegation all but guaranteed?

Robin101

3 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Football pundits eh. Ain’t we all geniuses?
Only thing that’s actually predictable is death, taxes and sh1t in the Middle East. 

I don’t bet much, but went 3 always tonight….QPR, Wigan and Shrewsbury.  Shrewsbury already guaranteed via 2-goal lead early payout rule. 10p patent! 🤣🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Football pundits eh. Ain’t we all geniuses?
Only thing that’s actually predictable is death, taxes and sh1t in the Middle East. 

Preston actually after their near record breaking start have faded alarmingly and continue to do so. They got 6 wins in a row in a total of 20 pts from 8 games.

8 pts from the last 10 going into tonight but still would be somewhat of a shock...QPR also seem to be a bit better on the road than at home.

Preston and their blistering start looks a very long time ago now however.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

The point at QPR (apparently one of the worst sides the championship has ever seen according to a few after our draw)is not looking so bad now.

As mentioned, back to back wins, something we haven’t achieved for a VERY long time, funny old game!!! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t bet much, but went 3 always tonight….QPR, Wigan and Shrewsbury.  Shrewsbury already guaranteed via 2-goal lead early payout rule. 10p patent! 🤣🤣🤣

Good work Dave.. can you please let me know the pools numbers for the weekend 👍

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Perhaps they were underperforming a bit under Ainsworth and Critchley...

They still have Chair and Willock after all.

Chair was outstanding second half, coming on as sub at h-t.  On a slippy surface, his technique and low centre of gravity was perfect.

• Thanks 1

On 30/11/2023 at 10:22, Robin101 said:

Nah, not for us.

Wednesday, Rotherham and QPR look cut off already. Can’t remember the Championship relegation places having such a solidified look at this point in the season before.

Wednesday must surely have the lowest points total for this point of a season for any team in years and years. Even if they got a decent point last night, they’d have to go on a great run of form pretty much to the end of the season to catch 21st.

QPR been consistently one of the worst teams/worst team for 12 months now. 

Rotherham always swimming against the tide somewhat at this level.

Six points clearly not an impossible ask to make up over best part of 30 games, but would anyone be willing to bet it won’t be these three sides relegated?

I was 100% with you....who would ever have believed qpr and sheff wed would both survive!

On 30/11/2023 at 15:53, ExiledAjax said:

Sheff Wed currently have 7 points. To get to safety they likely need about 46 (possibly 48 if Plymouth and Huddersfield continue their current points return). They've got 28 games left in which to get those remaining 39 or so points.

So they need to go from 0.39 points per game (7/18) to 1.39 points per game (39/28). That is a massive increase in form. For perspective, 1 point per game is normally what a team in about 20th place achieves. 2 points per game is top 6 form. So that's roughly the level of improvement they need - they need to transform from a dreadful side to a brilliant side, and they need to do that now, overnight, immediately. Every game from now where they get less than a win means they need a higher and higher points per game from their remaining games. 

This also assumes that the teams currently just outside the relegation zone do not improve their own form. That is outside of Sheff Wed's control.

Of course it is possible, but it is so improbable.

When saying "team X is only 4 points from safety/playoffs/promotion" people often neglect to mention that there are 23 other teams in the division, all of whom share the 36 points on offer in each round of games. Overtaking a team 4 points above you doesn't mean you need to get 4 more points, it means you need to get 4 points more than that team gets in the succeeding games. You also need the other teams around you to fail to get the points needed to preserve or improve their relative position in the table. 

It is going to be hard for QPR to get clear, very hard for Rotherham, and nigh on impossible for Sheff Wed.

😀

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Think this was before you switched managers. 

Congratulations. Thoroughly impressed. My boss is a Wednesday fan as well so I'm happy for you.

Enjoy your derby next season!

Yeah, cheers, wasn't a dig by the way, I had us down in September.

Bizarre the way it turned around, just worried about someone nicking Danny Röhl now.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Owl Visiting said:

Yeah, cheers, wasn't a dig by the way, I had us down in September.

Bizarre the way it turned around, just worried about someone nicking Danny Röhl now.

He’s done a fantastic job to turn it around, you were dead and buried

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

I was 100% with you....who would ever have believed qpr and sheff wed would both survive!

McKenna will be manager of the season and rightly so but Danny Röhl and Martí Cifuentes have both done a brilliant job.

Not that either is as good as Liam Manning of course. 😉

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, chinapig said:

McKenna will be manager of the season and rightly so but Danny Röhl and Martí Cifuentes have both done a brilliant job.

Not that either is as good as Liam Manning of course. 😉

Who would have thought that managers with no previous experience could do so well ?

22 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Who would have thought that managers with no previous experience could do so well ?

And Manning is McKenna's clone presumably. Though McKenna only won 2 of his first 12 games*.

*Tinnion said so, so it must be true.