IGNORED

Left wing/forward

Henry

I noticed Manning said he is looking to sign an attacker in the January. For me, this must be someone who can naturally play on the left.

Bell is out of form. He contributes nothing to the build up and can’t beat a man. Mehmeti just isn’t doing and can’t be trusted to play from the start every week. Sykes is our most effective attacker and needs to play in his best position on the right.

• Like 7

Mehmeti has been so poor of late, when he came on today it was like playing a man short.

Not sure where we go with him in truth, he offers very little from an attacking perspective & certainly doesn’t contribute defensively.

My guess is we are looking at an attacking midfielder & a striker for January, possibly one of them as a loan.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, Henry said:

I noticed Manning said he is looking to sign an attacker in the January. For me, this must be someone who can naturally play on the left.

Bell is out of form. He contributes nothing to the build up and can’t beat a man. Mehmeti just isn’t doing and can’t be trusted to play from the start every week. Sykes is our most effective attacker and needs to play in his best position on the right.

Just started a thread about Sykes being played on the right. Would have added it to this had I seen it before posting.

Just now, GrahamC said:

Mehmeti has been so poor of late, when he came on today it was like playing a man short.

Not sure where we go with him in truth, he offers very little from an attacking perspective & certainly doesn’t contribute defensively.

My guess is we are looking at an attacking midfielder & a striker for January, possibly one of them as a loan.

Very harsh analysis IMO. Been decent in the last few games and was probably the best of the subs today.

In the last few games Mehmeti has offered much more than Bell on the left.

The quality is clearly there. Let's hope Manning can get it out of him on a regular basis, because if he doesn't, another manager somewhere else probably will.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He needs to be moved on, along with quite a few of the others. 

31 minutes ago, Henry said:

Agree need someone on the left and up front for me. Bell been awful since he signed the new contract, Mehmeti I’m convinced there’s a player there but may need a loan to get his confidence up. We don’t seem to have a regular source of goals and Conway seems to be coasting with the fact he has no other competition 

25 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

All perspective I guess, but I thought he had been better.
I didn't get carried away like some, when he first came, I didn't like that he had no left foot. It didn't take long to be sussed and dropped . Then his cameo at Cardiff in a central AMF role he impressed me. I think we could do with working out how to get him off of TC while dropping Knight a bit to get him involved as much as possible. 
I think we need to find a way of getting the best from all of our MF, maybe a diamond with AM at the top and MJ at the base. Of course that mean no width. May be a 4-4-1-1 and THG moves LMF. 

As for January , I'd like to see a proper left sided player come in, just to add the option of going outside the FB without having to think twice. 
A striker would be good, not sure we have that much money to buy a Championship striker. I see we were linked with Ali Al-Hamadi at Wimbledon, also saw they were rumoured to want £2M + . I don't see us taking those "punts" any more. 

38 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Very harsh analysis IMO. Been decent in the last few games and was probably the best of the subs today.

In the last few games Mehmeti has offered much more than Bell on the left.

The quality is clearly there. Let's hope Manning can get it out of him on a regular basis, because if he doesn't, another manager somewhere else probably will.

Mehmeti is a player who wants the ball on the run and dribble at defenders. 

What appears to be Mr Manning style of possession football will not suit him as he receives the ball while not moving and consequently passes it back. However as Mr Manning bigged him up he will get plenty of opportunities to pass the ball backward in coming games!

• Like 1

What was strange about today - Sykes is out and out a Right sided player - he played on the left!

Mehmeti is a left sided player - who when he came on played on the right!

Surely that is plain to see so is it surprising that neither did well today!

And lastly, whilst it’s nice to play pretty pass pass pass football - at times, Mr Vyner, when in the 95th minute to have an attacker breathing down your next out the ball into Row Z please!!

• Like 1

Mehmeti was on his weaker side and Bell was on his stronger side and yet Mehmeti was better. I personally believe Mehmeti was the best of the subs that came on and right now I agree left wing is one of our weakest positions but I really can't see any reasons why Bell or Weimann deserve to play instead of Mehmeti. I would love to see him given a few games in the side to give him a proper spell rather than a sub appearance and the occasional start.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Bell and Mehmeti are currently league one players. I can’t see either carving out a decent career at this level and may find their trade in League One. I said this last season about Bell and got criticised heavily for my opinion.

I’m still not convinced by Conway either. Both Bell and Conway lack natural intelligence in their forward roles. Which is hard to train into a player. It comes naturally.

4 minutes ago, MrRedRobin said:

Mehmeti was on his weaker side and Bell was on his stronger side and yet Mehmeti was better. I personally believe Mehmeti was the best of the subs that came on and right now I agree left wing is one of our weakest positions but I really can't see any reasons why Bell or Weimann deserve to play instead of Mehmeti. I would love to see him given a few games in the side to give him a proper spell rather than a sub appearance and the occasional start.

1 minute ago, 2015 said:

Don't criticise one of the 'Star Boys'. 

In seriousness, I think Bell looks a way off Championship standard.

Careful, lads. You're not allowed to be positive about Mehmeti or suggest he isn't playing any worse than our other wingers.

No doubt you'll have a few crybabies in your reactions after such comments.

Look, even the experts think he's rubbish...... https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/12780551/21-under-21-anis-mehmeti-of-wycombe-wanderers

12 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Don't criticise one of the 'Star Boys'. 

In seriousness, I think Bell looks a way off Championship standard.

Bell shouldn't be anywhere near a championship starting XI it's just all the love in with tinion being muckers with his old man and the club chucking him in regardless of is he is ready in the hope we can add to the nest egg Bell needed removing from the first team a long time ago a good leage 1 of 2 loan so he can get booted up in the air week in week out could do him some good 

23 minutes ago, MrRedRobin said:

Well at least bell has some goal threat, mehmeti has done practically nothing since he signed.

• Haha 1