IGNORED

Official attendance today?

SomeRandomBristolian

Does anyone know the official attendance for today please? It looked like there was a fair few empty seats around the stadium today, so not sure if a few session ticket holders gave it a miss today, or if people are saving money due to it being nearly Christmas, or if people are just a bit fed up at the moment so didn't bother going today. 

2 minutes ago, SomeRandomBristolian said:

Does anyone know the official attendance for today please? It looked like there was a fair few empty seats around the stadium today, so not sure if a few session ticket holders gave it a miss today, or if people are saving money due to it being nearly Christmas, or if people are just a bit fed up at the moment so didn't bother going today. 

About 20,000 - so a bit down on recent home games. May just have been playing on a Sunday lunchtime, which was a bit unusual and may not have fitted the routines and commitments of some fans.

How many tickets sold would be a better question.

I'm in the middle of the Dolman and the Lansdown stand looked about two thirds empty. 

Loads of empty seats in the South Stand.

I think there were about 1800 from Norwich (I think thats what was announced) which is excellent given the distance and ko time.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

Queues to get in were much shorter than usual, plus there were a lot of spaces in the South Stand. 15,000 actually in the ground probably not a bad shout.

Queues were even shorter when I got there - had it in my head that it was a 12.30 ko so arrived an hour early wondering where everyone was.

• Haha 12

1 minute ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I didn’t take the kids as it clashed with their games (and they wisely/stupidly choose to play rather than watch City). I wouldn’t be surprised if that scenario was repeated over a couple of thousand season ticket holders. 

It sure was. Thanks Bristol Sport for prioritising rugby over football.

Two consecutive days of lots of empty red seats, good work chaps.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

41 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

About 20,000 - so a bit down on recent home games. May just have been playing on a Sunday lunchtime, which was a bit unusual and may not have fitted the routines and commitments of some fans.

Don't forget our home gates have been boosted by some big away followings already this season.

Norwich today brought 1100 

• Like 1

• Admin
14 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

TNT sport

Definitely wasn't 

14 hours ago, ateomike2 said:

Not so much worried about today Swansea game kick off moved to 12-30 mothering Sunday going to cause a few arguments in households 

I'd be more worried that you spelt our most famous players name wrong 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kingswood Robin said:

It sure was. Thanks Bristol Sport for prioritising rugby over football.

Two consecutive days of lots of empty red seats, good work chaps.

Rugby and Football saw 36,000 over 2 days. The shop was busy yesterday, all the food outlets had long queues, and the Sports Bar was busy.

The money must be rolling in

7 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Not interested in going on a Sunday, especially when it’s an early kick off. 6 of us didn’t bother.

Along with the weather & being near to Christmas, it doesn’t surprise me that attendance was low. 

If we ever go up, will you all be saying the same.

3pm kickoffs and PL..is sketchy indeed. :)

Sunday games will become more common, irrespective of rugby clashes. Bournemouth have had 3 Sunday games already, 2 of them at home.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If we ever go up, will you all be saying the same.

3pm kickoffs and PL..is sketchy indeed. :)

Sunday games will become more common, irrespective of rugby clashes. Bournemouth have had 3 Sunday games already, 2 of them at home.

I doubt it, but then there will just be a general buzz around the place at being a PL side. A Sunday game against Spurs is a lot different to a Sunday game against Norwich!

If after 5 seasons of Crystal Palace like results, I expect I would happily miss Sunday games again. 

• Admin
10 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If we ever go up, will you all be saying the same 

We don't even have to go up. 

The new TV deal for the Championship next season will see kick off days and times all over the weekend. 

3pm kickoffs on a Saturday afternoon will be a thing of the past very soon 

8 hours ago, Mike Stone said:

Sure was,  3.05 kick off

I'm setting myself up for a big whoosh here, but I'm not sure what coverage you mean 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

The new TV deal for the Championship next season will see kick off days and times all over the weekend. 

I'm setting myself up for a big whoosh here, but I'm not sure what coverage you mean 

I wonder if he is referring to the egg chasers ko?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phantom said:

BT Sport (TNT)

Saturday 15.05 Bears v Glos

• Like 1