IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

1 hour ago, BCFC1512 said:

Also price has to be agreed by both clubs. I’d imagine West Ham will want cheap tickets to fill the ground where as we prob want slightly higher as the gate money is shared.

We Wil want higher prices to boost the nest egg, and also because the Lansdown's don't give a flying **** for us fans

38 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We're certainly one of the higher risk fixtures so expect it to be an early Sat or Sun ko. 

I agree, given the numbers who will travel (at risk of sounding like a tin pot Rovers saddo there), it must be odds on for an early Sunday ko.

2 hours ago, BCFC1512 said:

Also price has to be agreed by both clubs. I’d imagine West Ham will want cheap tickets to fill the ground where as we prob want slightly higher as the gate money is shared.

This hasn't been the case for a while. This piece from the FSA in 2017 explains that it is now solely a matter for the home team: https://thefsa.org.uk/news/the-price-of-change-new-fa-cup-rule-stings-home-and-away-fans/

"Immediately after the draw is known, the Club playing at home shall decide on the prices of admission, subject to a minimum price of £10.00 for all spectators other than concessions. "

Just now, frenchred said:

Yes we do.

Prices have to be mutually agreed by the clubs (in the FA cup)

Not true. 

Rule 208: "For Competition Matches in the Competition Proper, the Home Club shall determine the prices of admission within seven days of the relevant draw, subject to a minimum admission charge (except to concessions) of an amount specified by The Association and communicated to Clubs from time to time."

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/competitions/2023-24/efac/rules-of-the-fa-challenge-cup-202324docx.ashx

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Yes we do.

Prices have to be mutually agreed by the clubs (in the FA cup)

As I understand it, that rule ended 6 years ago.

West Ham can charge whatever they like subject to a minimum charge of £10.

No maximum charge.

Cue £45 cheapest ticket.

- just seen @View from the Dolman post confirming it.

10 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Not true. 

Rule 208: "For Competition Matches in the Competition Proper, the Home Club shall determine the prices of admission within seven days of the relevant draw, subject to a minimum admission charge (except to concessions) of an amount specified by The Association and communicated to Clubs from time to time."

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/competitions/2023-24/efac/rules-of-the-fa-challenge-cup-202324docx.ashx

I stand corrected!

Apologies

8 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Not true. 

Agreed. But Rule 209 does state one scenario where we have some say:

The price of admission for fans of the Away Club may only be higher than the price of admission for fans of the Home Club where this is mutually agreed by both Clubs.

So if they want to charge us the same or less than they charge their own fans we have no say.

But they cannot charge us more than they charge their own fans without BCFC agreeing to that.

is that rule 209 scenario likely to come into play -. Would BCFC agree to it if it did - I hope not.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry, but can't see anywhere near 9k wanting to go......I think 5k would be very good .

The argument seems to be that we took 6k or whatever it was all the way to Manchester on a Wednesday night.

5 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

No maximum charge.

Cue £45 cheapest ticket.

Hammers fans on their forum seem keen on a cheap admission to boost attendance..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Sorry, but can't see anywhere near 9k wanting to go......I think 5k would be very good .

We easily sold out Man City and easily sold out West Brom 5.5k few years ago. Like another poster said not a single city fan has seen us play at the stadium so imo we Will easily sell 7-8k

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

No maximum charge.

Cue £45 cheapest ticket.

And some of their tickets are far more than £90. I live not miles away so was looking to take my lad to a Prem game for his birthday. But even for a lower ranked Prem tea they still charge £70 to £90 for an adult and not far off that for a kids and that's sitting miles away from the pitch with a awful view! 

Edited by redrob