IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Nice one.

Darren was in my Bruv’s year at school (2 years above me).

I remember playing against Dean Clifford (assume he was Bob’s son?).  My first game for Broadwalk was against FF at Hengrove Lane / Harvey’s ground.  We lost 15-1 having scored first.  I was RB, their LW (Hallett) was far too quick for me - I was playing a year up.

Darren was a year younger than me but played up a year, same as Julian (dicks)

Dean was indeed bobs done, happy days driving all over Bristol in a battered old minibus overloaded!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

:laugh:, happy days indeed, I started FF in 1976, I don't think they were even in a league then, the HML followed a few years later. Our managers were the character Bob Clifford and Harry Peacock, his son Darren went on to play for Newcastle amongst others!

I worked with a Bob Clifford a few years ago, he liked his football and think he had trials or played for Crystal Palace, just wondering if it was the same bloke? He was from over Knowle way when I knew him, he died a few years ago (if it's the same one). 

1 hour ago, frenchred said:

Darren was a year younger than me but played up a year, same as Julian (dicks)

Dean was indeed bobs done, happy days driving all over Bristol in a battered old minibus overloaded!

Now this is spooky…on Facebook Old Football Photos this morning!

IMG_9228.thumb.jpeg.054254f489595e79989252fcb9dd5ec2.jpeg

Jimmy Wring and Steve Yates!

@Curr Avon is that Tim Carter (RIP) back row?

1 hour ago, TheReds said:

I worked with a Bob Clifford a few years ago, he liked his football and think he had trials or played for Crystal Palace, just wondering if it was the same bloke? He was from over Knowle way when I knew him, he died a few years ago (if it's the same one). 

Same one mate, was a real character!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Now this is spooky…on Facebook Old Football Photos this morning!

IMG_9228.thumb.jpeg.054254f489595e79989252fcb9dd5ec2.jpeg

Jimmy Wring and Steve Yates!

@Curr Avon is that Tim Carter (RIP) back row?

Yes. In the centre, back row. Sadly, no longer with us.

Front row, second left is David Williams, my friend at Patchway High School, which Tim also attended.

Edited by Curr Avon

11 hours ago, East Londoner said:

Genuine question as I’m curious, what happens if one or both teams don’t turn up? Presumably if one don’t they forfeit but what about both?

Yes, if one doesn't turn up they forfeit the game. Never been involved in a situation where neither turn up! I guess the referee would report whats happened. If no result was reported, the AYL admin would know. They would probably ask both clubs to explain their actions and there would be some punishment. A possible points deduction, they're pretty strict at grass roots level.

• Thanks 1

On 09/12/2023 at 08:19, Bar BS3 said:

Yeah, only to fun/pub league stuff.

On Saturday mornings as a kid & then only ever wanted to play on Sundays from my mid teens onwards, because Saturdays were all about watching City.

Since I've had my son & he's been of playing age, we have lived in North Somerset & it seems to be Saturday = football, Sunday = Rugby for his  age groups around here.

0930 or 1030 kick off times mean we can always make City home games but no chance of away games - so this one being on a Sunday is good for me & anyone else with that schedule - was my point.

I'm not questioning if there is kids Sunday football - there just doesn't seem to be around my way.

Avon youth league on a Sunday is the biggest league system for youth football in the Bristol area,Saturday football doesn’t come close

I assume it is 1 ticket per season ticket as it’s not mentioned otherwise

SALE DATES

• Wednesday, December 13th at 10am – Season Ticket holders and Seasonal Hospitality holders who have attended three or more away league games in the 2023/24 season (online only)
  • Friday, December 15th at 10am – all remaining Season Ticket and Half-Season Ticket holders and Season and Half-Season Hospitality holders (online only)
  • Monday, December 18th at 10am – City Members (online only) – this is subject to tickets remaining available after previous priority sale periods
  • Tuesday, December 19th at 10am – General Sale (online and phones) – this is subject to tickets remaining available after previous priority sale periods
Season Ticket Holders  
Adults, seniors, 18-21 £10
Under 18 £1
Non-ST Holders               
Adults, Seniors, 18-21 £15
Under 18 £5

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/fa-cup-ticket-details/

Edited by CityReds

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yeah, a fortune.

I'm selling a kids ticket... want DOUBLE THE FACE VALUE.... okay, two quid heading over.

We won't sell out.

I'm not so sure. Pretty much every ST and Member that I've spoken to seems to be going. Being on a Sunday with a 2pm ko may put a few off. Going to be a nervous wait for those who aren't ST holders. 

31 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Why?

We've got nearly 9000 available, that's more than we took to man city!

There will be plenty for those who want them, and plenty more being sold after Christmas!

Premature post, didn’t think we’d be getting quite so many… That said, living in the south east means that plenty of mates at work are happy hammers so might just sit with them for the craic..

5 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I'm not so sure. Pretty much every ST and Member that I've spoken to seems to be going. Being on a Sunday with a 2pm ko may put a few off. Going to be a nervous wait for those who aren't ST holders. 

I think the biggest issue will be people buying tickets because they're cheap and then deciding if they'll go closer to the day, so we might sell a lot more than we end up taking.

12 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I'm a member and I'm definitely worried I might not get one. Seems to be a lot of interest - cheap tickets, first visit to a big and iconic stadium (albeit more for the Olympics than football).

Which is why the "can we buy more than one each" posts always boil my p1ss!

• Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Yeah, a fortune.

I'm selling a kids ticket... want DOUBLE THE FACE VALUE.... okay, two quid heading over.

We won't sell out.

I'm not so certain we won't sell out. But I am certain that posters using the forum to encourage season ticket holders to make a profit from other supporters is shameful (I'm not talking about you by the way)

• Haha 1