IGNORED

West 'Am - Sunday 7th Jan. 2pm

cheese

1 hour ago, ralphindevon said:

Come in the Lansdown and take a look, it hasn’t been two thirds full most of the season.

I’m in the Lansdown lower and it feels full around me but take a look from the Dolman and you see loads of empty seats.

I haven’t got much time to get a decent pic but this is from the last home game and it’s pretty much like that all over, maybe a bit more busy further back but even quieter towards the LS side 

IMG_1745.jpeg

When in the game was this taken? Also not the best game to use.   Sunday lunchtime kick off.   Kids at their football. People not able to attend.  Etc.   If you can show me a Saturday 3pm kick off at 25 or 65 mins that looks the same then fair enough. 

Edited by lenred

1 hour ago, Club and Country said:

I've just checked and don't think so, just looks like it won't be stopping in Chippenham/swindon 

There’s engineering work between Swindon and Reading so will go through Trowbridge and Newbury instead hence not stopping at Chippenham and Swindon 

Its quite a nice divert actually but slightly longer as takes two hours from Bristol 

Edited by East Londoner

On 15/12/2023 at 17:25, W-S-M Seagull said:

My solution to this is that if a STH fails to attend X amount of home games (without a good reason) then they forfeit their seat. 

I simply refuse to believe that we have 1000s buying adult season tickets and then not attending. 

These empty seats are kid STs..

I have an adult ST in the SS, and get to 50-75% of home games. Usually miss out on those on midweek evenings (and today), because I work in London and live in Hampshire. Is that a good enough reason?

For the record I have also done 4 away games so far this season, 5th will be West Ham, but as I sometimes can't make the Gate, does that make me less of a fan?

• Like 6
  • Robin 2

1 minute ago, devoncider said:

I have an adult ST in the SS, and get to 50-75% of home games. Usually miss out on those on midweek evenings (and today), because I work in London and live in Hampshire. Is that a good enough reason?

For the record I have also done 4 away games so far this season, 5th will be West Ham, but as I sometimes can't make the Gate, does that make me less of a fan?

You're doing better than me in most seasons. I can't make evening matches and I can't think I've made anything like 50% of home matches in recent years. I've always seen investment in a ST as a gift to the club, and a chance to secure a ticket to a good cup match - it's certainly not value for money for me, and there's no shortage of seats around the ground.

• Like 2

On 15/12/2023 at 22:08, lenred said:

When in the game was this taken? Also not the best game to use.   Sunday lunchtime kick off.   Kids at their football. People not able to attend.  Etc.   If you can show me a Saturday 3pm kick off at 25 or 65 mins that looks the same then fair enough. 

This was half way through 1st half against Sunderland.

South Stand City v Sunderland.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Smith & Gavin said:

Can’t see anywhere where a football team could sit together unless I’m missing something though? Unless you look directly to the right of you on the Williams?     
For context I sit with 14 people I am mates with and their kids (3 kids).   Out of that 14, 6 were not there Saturday due to parties (both adult and kids) and child care. Not sure if our crew were just adversely affected but seemed quieter all around Saturday.  All anecdotal of course! Anyway let’s not derail it anymore. It’ll never be able to be proven or otherwise.  

1 hour ago, Smith & Gavin said:

I PM’d Lenred with a similar photo but even closer, you can clearly pick out one section where there’s 10 empty seats with 6 empty just behind, easily enough to sit a football team, as well as loads of other spots with 5 /6 seats empty.

I’m not sure why he’s so defensive towards the South Stand, it’s plain to see and like it most games.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, elhombrecito said:

Biggest club in the league? :laugh:

And complaining about season tickets being too cheap. Heard it all now.

You don't think Sunderland are the biggest (or least one of) club in the league??? Sticking a laugh on that statement is a bit of a strange one

I would far rather have a home end full of people who want to be there including groups that can pay as they go, rather than have all the seats taken all season by people who turn up only very occasionally.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

You don't think Sunderland are the biggest (or least one of) club in the league??? Sticking a laugh on that statement is a bit of a strange one

I would far rather have a home end full of people who want to be there including groups that can pay as they go, rather than have all the seats taken all season by people who turn up only very occasionally.

Not a strange one at all. They are categorically not the biggest team in the league.