IGNORED

On this day 1982

CyderInACan

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Ah yes, the angle I’ve never understood in anything to do with life of “things used to be awful so we aren’t allowed to be unhappy about anything ever again”

Yes, and I have wonder what those people who saved the club would have said if you’d told them the club would plod between the second and third level of football for the next 40 years with no tangible success…. 

Edited by Mendip City
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

7 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Yes, and I have wonder what those people who saved the club would have said if you’d told them the club would plod between the second and third level of football do the next 40 years with no tangible success…. 

As one who bought £90 of shares, my total savings then, I just wanted to save the club. A year or two later when Cooper got us back in third tier, I did wonder how long it would take to get back to the First Division.

When Jordan got us back to Second, I honestly thought that we'd give it a good go to go back. But he left and it's drifted along for the last thirty years.

Now at 80 years, it probably won't happen for me as it is so obvious that the Lansdown reign is more interested in building money making property developments than getting top league football to Bristol. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

As one who bought £90 of shares, my total savings then, I just wanted to save the club. A year or two later when Cooper got us back in third tier, I did wonder how long it would take to get back to the First Division.

When Jordan got us back to Second, I honestly thought that we'd give it a good go to go back. But he left and it's drifted along for the last thirty years.

Now at 80 years, it probably won't happen for me as it is so obvious that the Lansdown reign is more interested in building money making property developments than getting top league football to Bristol. 

I’ve given that a like…. It deserves much more. 
I’m a bit younger but also bought shares… it was OUR club back then. 

Edited by Mendip City
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

I welcome the support that the Lansdowns have bought to the club over the years and the new training facilities. However this whole Sports Village building project at a time when we are cutting back on playing budgets and investment does strike a bit of a raw chord unfortunately.

It's a shame how the whole legacy is coming to an end, that a bad marriage where you're holding on until the kids grow up and leave home. When you think of all the money that's been invested and yet we are no further forward (on the pitch) in all of that time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I bought shares in ‘82 having not long started work & again when Scott Davidson was raising capital in his time as our chairman.

I think only GJ (maligned by some on here but by a country mile Lansdown’s best managerial appointment) has really made me think we could do it & get to the Prem & he’s been gone more than 13 years now.

All this “be careful what you wish for”, “we should be so grateful to the Lansdown’s” stuff just makes me laugh.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mendip City said:

I’ve given that a like…. It deserves much more. 
I’m a bit younger but also bought shares… it was OUR club back then. 

I was too young to buy them. My sole income was about £2 a week from being the spare at the paper shop. Nearly all that went on watching city ;)