IGNORED

So How Many Shares Are Still Out There

REDOXO

Bristol City Holdings Limited has 154,706,262 ordinary shares in issue, and no other classes. There are 2,834 shareholders.

Pula Sport Ltd owns 152,771,146 of those shares, representing 98.7% of the total.

So there are 1,935,116 shares held by 2,833 other people.

You can check the 185 page CS01 on companies house for details.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01501663/filing-history

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Bristol City Holdings Limited has 154,706,262 ordinary shares in issue, and no other classes. There are 2,834 shareholders.

Pula Sport Ltd owns 152,771,146 of those shares, representing 98.7% of the total.

So there are 1,935,116 shares held by 2,833 other people.

You can check the 185 page CS01 on companies house for details.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01501663/filing-history

I love you guys. Know where to go straight away. 

So 1.3% are not owned by Pula. How many of those shareholders come here I wonder. And how many regret selling to SL now. 

Edited by REDOXO

5 minutes ago, nickolas said:

And are they as worthless as they seem?!

The shares have been so heavily diluted over the years by the Lansdowns doing debt for new equity swaps to keep within the FFP limits that yes, they are really only of sentimental value these days.

At how much would the club be valued with the ground?  £40m maybe, or £30m with the third party debt on the ground going with it.

The minority shareholding of 1.3% is worth £390k on that £30m basis, each ordinay share is worth 19.4p.  The buyback by the Lansdowns was incredibly generous as it was at £2 a share.  If I had only had a few I might have held on for said sentimental reasons but I had a fair few so accepted it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I love you guys. Know where to go straight away. 

So 1.3% are not owned by Pula. How many of those shareholders come here I wonder. And how many regret selling to SL now. 

I've got a few. The share certificate is signed by John Laycock. 

I'll probably never sell them, not that they're worth much!

17 minutes ago, adamski said:

I still have my original £100s worth, somewhere, no idea where though

Go to the link that @ExiledAjax posted and look for your name on the register giving your shareholding, as long as it's there then you don't actually require your certificate to sell (not that you appear to be intending to do so anyway).

50 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Go to the link that @ExiledAjax posted and look for your name on the register giving your shareholding, as long as it's there then you don't actually require your certificate to sell (not that you appear to be intending to do so anyway).

Thanks, I'm still there.

To put it in perspective, the Dawe's still own approx 650,000 shares, and they presumably have less than 1% ownership. 

• Like 1

I bought a handful of shares in 1982. When Scott Davison took over in the mid to late 90s I received a letter saying I had the right to sell them for double the price as that's what the new investors had paid for their shares. But Davison requested shareholders for the good of the club not to do this. So I didn't.

However, like a lot of you other shareholders by about 6 or 7 years ago I thought the shares were pretty worthless and made enquiries and was told that someone was buying them, I wasn't informed who, and they were bought at the price I paid in 1982. 

1 minute ago, handsofclay said:

I bought a handful of shares in 1982. When Scott Davison took over in the mid to late 90s I received a letter saying I had the right to sell them for double the price as that's what the new investors had paid for their shares. But Davison requested shareholders for the good of the club not to do this. So I didn't.

However, like a lot of you other shareholders by about 6 or 7 years ago I thought the shares were pretty worthless and made enquiries and was told that someone was buying them, I wasn't informed who, and they were bought at the price I paid in 1982. 

SL bought them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I mean technically it's the register of members that you need to be on rather than the CS01 available at that link, but practically speaking this is correct. And Eddie is correct that you don't need your certificate.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Ajax will have opinion on this but to what extent can people be a pain in the Arse is there possible value rather than their financial value. 

A minimal extent.

98.7% of shares means Lansdown controls 98.7% of any votes cast on anything. You tell me what happens if a vote/election has 98.7% of votes in favour of something.

And since private companies are not required to hold an AGM, you can't even complain publically about anything.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I mean technically it's the register of members that you need to be on rather than the CS01 available at that link, but practically speaking this is correct. And Eddie is correct that you don't need your certificate.

A minimal extent.

98.7% of shares means Lansdown controls 98.7% of any votes cast on anything. You tell me what happens if a vote/election has 98.7% of votes in favour of something.

And since private companies are not required to hold an AGM, you can't even complain publically about anything.

I've now got an official headache trying to find the right link. To long in the colonies I suppose. 

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I've now got an official headache trying to find the right link. To long in the colonies I suppose. 

The link to the CS01?

Click this https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01501663/filing-history

There will be a series of boxes. You can check these to filter the list of filing.

Select the box next to "Confirmation statements/annual returns".

Then click the link to the first PDF in the list.  The highlighted one in this screenshot.

Screenshot_20231204-200158.png

• Like 1

Edit. Also, embarrassing oversight from me here. SL of course did his annual conversion of debt to equity in the summer.

So there are actually 177,206,262 shares in issue.

There's no material impact other than you all own slight less % than I said earlier.

Apologies.

The 2023 CS01 will be filed later this month and that will clear it all up.

Edited by ExiledAjax

28 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Edit. Also, embarrassing oversight from me here. SL of course did his annual conversion of debt to equity in the summer.

So there are actually 177,206,262 shares in issue.

There's no material impact other than you all own slight less % than I said earlier.

Apologies.

The 2023 CS01 will be filed later this month and that will clear it all up.

Thanks Ajax. Yep there I am!

A lot of names I ‘used’ to know

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1