IGNORED

U21s Today

bcfc01

Honestly not a loaded question… But assuming that the under 21s are also now playing the new Liam way, is this the main reason for a downturn in results with a couple of heavy defeats lately? Apart from young Beerholtz (you know who I mean) none of the kids are making up the numbers on the bench either.

26 minutes ago, FNQ said:

Honestly not a loaded question… But assuming that the under 21s are also now playing the new Liam way, is this the main reason for a downturn in results with a couple of heavy defeats lately? Apart from young Beerholtz (you know who I mean) none of the kids are making up the numbers on the bench either.

Not related…. Young ones have a few out on loans & a few injuries inc Wood,Backwell & OTC. The likes of Yeboah, Nelson, JKL have been fast tracked because of first team squad depth so been missing for a number of games. Lots of young ones playing as they make their push for pro careers which means a number of current ones who are19/20 won’t make it and end up being released. 

• Robin 2

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

So Tinnion's conveyor belt of endless world class youngsters is going so well, we have 2 trialists in the team today.

Plus James, who actually started at Cardiff & Nelson who was repeatedly on the bench under Nige, are both only subs today.

No idea where Sam Pearson or Araoye are, either.

Know that Backwell & Taylor-Clarke are both injured.

10 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

So Tinnion's conveyor belt of endless world class youngsters is going so well, we have 2 trialists in the team today.

And if one of those trialists turns out to be the next Alex Scott ?

Or should the trialists just go straight into the first team ?

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Not sure that’s fair as they have to come from somewhere particularly as so many are in and around the first team

Neverteless I’m not Tinion biggest fan right now that’s for sure

Edited by REDOXO

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

And if one of those trialists turns out to be the next Alex Scott ?

Or should the trialists just go straight into the first team ?

Buy me a lottery ticket as well.

The likelihood of another Alex Scott appearing soon is marginally lower.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, View from the Dolman said:

So what is the club meant to do? Give up on youth recruitment?

Absolutely not, but be realistic.

I am a huge fan of the Academy & love it seeing developing our own players but whilst we might well find another Pring or Bell, history suggests we won’t find another Scott.

I have been watching us 50 years & struggle to think of any comparable discovery.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely not, but be realistic.

I am a huge fan of the Academy & love it seeing developing our own players but whilst we might well find another Pring or Bell, history suggests we won’t find another Scott.

I have been watching us 50 years & struggle to think of any comparable discovery.

Even Pring came from Cheltenham

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

A lot of clubs recruit from other clubs for youth recruitment, Scott being the obvious example but Pring was from Cheltenham. Brighton’s academy is full of players from abroad and from other clubs and that would be the same for a lot of the big 6

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Charlie BCFC said:

One of them got an assist it looks like

👍🏿 

19 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

After 6 minutes ?

Brilliant - not put a foot wrong.

Looks like we may have 2 Alex Scotts coming through.

Funny boy. 

Let me know when you know something!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Not sure that’s fair as they have to come from somewhere particularly as so many are in and around the first team

Neverteless I’m not Tinion biggest fan right now that’s for sure

That's right hop on the Bandwagon. Such a vindictive lot on here that seem to forget Tinnion is a loyal servant to this club and was a wonderful player, but that counts for nothing because of all the 'Nige' groupies who just cannot accept that sometimes a fresh start is a good thing. I see Sheff U and Swansea have today acted, but some on here just don't get it. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2