IGNORED

U21s Today

bcfc01

6 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

That's right hop on the Bandwagon. Such a vindictive lot on here that seem to forget Tinnion is a loyal servant to this club and was a wonderful player, but that counts for nothing because of all the 'Nige' groupies who just cannot accept that sometimes a fresh start is a good thing. I see Sheff U and Swansea have today acted, but some on here just don't get it. 

Wrong  so many incorrect assumptions its laughable.

Not been a fan of his since he stopped playing. And his career here before that is now irrelevant and should never be part of the conversation about his current value to BCFC.

Unless you want to continue being soft cosy City who give jobs to old boys for sentiments sake.

I'll leave it there or else the thread will be sidetracked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:
51 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Not sure that’s fair as they have to come from somewhere particularly as so many are in and around the first team

Neverteless I’m not Tinion biggest fan right now that’s for sure

17 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

That's right hop on the Bandwagon. Such a vindictive lot on here that seem to forget Tinnion is a loyal servant to this club and was a wonderful player, but that counts for nothing because of all the 'Nige' groupies who just cannot accept that sometimes a fresh start is a good thing. I see Sheff U and Swansea have today acted, but some on here just don't get it. 

What bandwagon you stupid boy. I said the attack isn’t fair as above, but I’m not Tinnions biggest fan for now that’s for sure. 

That’s it!

How’s your dad!?

Edited by REDOXO

2 minutes ago, David Brent said:

We may find the new Alex Scott but we won’t know until they get an opportunity in the first team. That’s something that Mr Pearson was very good at it. Hopefully Liam will be the same. 

I commented on the “interview” thread earlier that I wikid Liams time at both Oxford and MK Dons this am and based on the squad lists held and where they came from he didn’t give any academy players a debut then run - just 1-2 appearances for a couple. I can’t believe that’s right based on reputation but if anyone has other info it’d be appreciated.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Brent said:

We may find the new Alex Scott but we won’t know until they get an opportunity in the first team. That’s something that Mr Pearson was very good at it. Hopefully Liam will be the same. 

Has spent a lot of time with academy teams at the top level aswell so would’ve thought it will happen

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I commented on the “interview” thread earlier that I wikid Liams time at both Oxford and MK Dons this am and based on the squad lists held and where they came from he didn’t give any academy players a debut then run - just 1-2 appearances for a couple. I can’t believe that’s right based on reputation but if anyone has other info it’d be appreciated.

It may be feasible that the academy players weren't up to it.

7 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

It may be feasible that the academy players weren't up to it.

Totally. I was making the point that being an academy coach and playing academy players in the first team are different things. Liams said he’ll be looking to the academy first but he’s not done that in two years of management - it’s an oddity and one I didn’t think Wiki looked right on.

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Totally. I was making the point that being an academy coach and playing academy players in the first team are different things. Liams said he’ll be looking to the academy first but he’s not done that in two years of management - it’s an oddity and one I didn’t think Wiki looked right on.

How do you know he hasn't looked at the academies ?

As I mentioned, the kids may not be good enough.

1 minute ago, bcfc01 said:

How do you know he hasn't looked at the academies ?

As I mentioned, the kids may not be good enough.

Stop being obtuse.

He has a reputation for developing youth but per wiki (which may be wrong) has not brought through one player from an academy in his managerial career. That may be due to a paucity of talent but is at least an oddity.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

Stop being obtuse.

He has a reputation for developing youth but per wiki (which may be wrong) has not brought through one player from an academy in his managerial career. That may be due to a paucity of talent but is at least an oddity.

Obtuse, Moi ?

I'm merely saying that it isn't necessarily a negative aspect of Manning.

3-2 (Francois)

4-2 (own goal from halfway)

"Trialist No7 has gone off for Zac Ali.

He had a bright game on the right-hand side of the attack; always looking to take his man on and had a few sights of goal. He also produced the assist for Francois' opener.

I should also note that the No5 also had a solid-enough game in the middle of defence before he was withdrawn earlier in the second half."

4-2 FT.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Thanks 3
  • Robin 1

43 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

4-2 (own goal from halfway)

"Trialist No7 has gone off for Zac Ali.

He had a bright game on the right-hand side of the attack; always looking to take his man on and had a few sights of goal. He also produced the assist for Francois' opener.

I should also note that the No5 also had a solid-enough game in the middle of defence before he was withdrawn earlier in the second half."

4-2 FT.

Much better!

Good job!!

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Plus James, who actually started at Cardiff & Nelson who was repeatedly on the bench under Nige, are both only subs today.

No idea where Sam Pearson or Araoye are, either.

Know that Backwell & Taylor-Clarke are both injured.

Pearson suspended (5 yellows). Araoye same injury as Backwell & OTC. 

• Thanks 3