IGNORED

Club shop - shocking lack of merchandise and shirts

Shauntaylor85

No club calendar this year ?

In a Bristol Calendar Club store today, I could buy Gas, all the major club ones including some Scottish ones, Wolves displayed prominently on the front row plus Luton as I recall.  The sales assistant was quite bemused when saying “they’re not doing one”. Quite embarrassing.

Perhaps they were printed but had Nige on the front🤔

20 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Is 7pm a week and a half before Christmas really classed as "Late Night Shopping" these days.

I thought it was 'late night' in the early to mid 1970's when that was my bedtime.

Honestly don't think anyone has ever considered 7pm to be late night. I assumed it was an inside joke.

Edited by Sleepy1968

3 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I thought it was 'late night' in the early to mid 1970's when that was my bedtime.

Honestly don't think anyone has ever considered 7pm to be late night. I assumed it was an inside joke.

TBF , if you're working in a shop at 7pm having started that morning , then yes you would consider it late.

If you're shopping, then maybe not.

Ordered home kit and a bobble hat for my lad for Xmas. To be his main present. Order never got delivered. Chased it numerous times over phone and email. No response. Eventually got a response today saying they hope to get it out in time and there's no more hats.

Is Tins in charge of the shop as well?!

On 13/12/2023 at 20:08, kmpowell said:

Don't get me started on this absolute shit-show.

As mentioned on a previous thread. I'm an exile who lives 2.5 hours away from Bristol, with 2 young kids (10yr old boy and 7 yr old girl) who mainly live with their mum 3.5hours from Bristol. Each year in Oct, for his birthday I've bought my son a full kit with his surname and age printed on the back. This year; no away or third shirts (the two he likes) available online to buy for months, but even if they were available, printing is no longer available for online orders. Result, my son has to go without, and now starts talking about Arsenal away kits instead.

Out of nowhere, my daughter last weekend asked for her first football kit for Xmas, citing she liked the "Pink Messi kit" my stepson bought on holiday. Now, I know our Pink goalkeeper kit would be perfect for her, so without even thinking about stock I asked if she would like a Pink Bristol City kit. Excitedly she replied "yes!", and the smile on my face was wide as a cheshire cat, but then it hit me... with the dread in my mind I ventured online to see if there was anything available for Youths, and sure as eggs are eggs there's nothing in the GK section. Some Green youth keeper socks, some black home keeper socks, a green toddler kit and a green infant kit. No shirts, no shorts, the square root of bugger all.

Having stock issues with kids stuff is inexcusable at any time of the year, because for us parents it's how we can maintain & nurture our children's connection to the club, as the next germination of fans.

Thanks to @phantom asking the club at the fans forum for me about the lack of shirt printing available online, it transpires the online shop stock is separate from the store stock, becasue online orderes are all processed out of Huboo, so I spent Wed through to yesterday trying to call the shop directly to ask if they had any stock in-store of what in wanted. I rang the shop number (and also the number through the main IVR), solidly on Wed and Thurs, but no answer. I started ringing yesterday and again got no answer for the entire day. Late yesterday afternoon the wonderful @Dollymarie very kindly gave me @JerrySLO mobile number, and he very kindly went to check the shop even though it's not his job. Unsurprisingly, there was nothing available of what I wanted.

I am not at all surprised, but also very angry. Putting aside the fact nobody answered the phone for 3 days(!), I'm not asking for obscure things, just 2 shirts, 2 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of socks. My son would have been engaged for another year whilst proudly turning up to football practice in his new kit, and my daughter would have her first City kit for football practice, and started her City journey. But no, thanks to the powers that be at our shit-show of a club, my kids will have neither. So frustrating, when something as basic as this is ****** up.

Quite frankly, right now, what with the Pearson/Manning situation, and now something as basic as buying shirts for my kids, as an exile I've never felt so disengaged with the club I've loved since I was a boy. :( 

• Like 10

• Admin
9 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

Thanks to @phantom asking the club at the fans forum for me about the lack of shirt printing available online, it transpires the online shop stock is separate from the store stock, becasue online orderes are all processed out of Huboo, so I spent Wed through to yesterday trying to call the shop directly to ask if they had any stock in-store of what in wanted. I rang the shop number (and also the number through the main IVR), solidly on Wed and Thurs, but no answer. I started ringing yesterday and again got no answer for the entire day. Late yesterday afternoon the wonderful @Dollymarie very kindly gave me @JerrySLO mobile number, and he very kindly went to check the shop even though it's not his job. Unsurprisingly, there was nothing available of what I wanted.

I am not at all surprised, but also very angry. Putting aside the fact nobody answered the phone for 3 days(!), I'm not asking for obscure things, just 2 shirts, 2 pairs of shorts and 2 pairs of socks. My son would have been engaged for another year whilst proudly turning up to football practice in his new kit, and my daughter would have her first City kit for football practice, and started her City journey. But no, thanks to the powers that be at our shit-show of a club, my kids will have neither. So frustrating, when something as basic as this is ****** up.

Quite frankly, right now, what with the Pearson/Manning situation, and now something as basic as buying shirts for my kids, as an exile I've never felt so disengaged with the club I've loved since I was a boy. :( 

Something additional for me to raise 

When you get a few minutes spare can you pm the number you dialled and dates please? 

I'll raise the issue with the club 

No great urgency, I'm off to Bristol soon then away until Monday evening 

• Robin 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Just chatting to Mrs F. Aren’t they narrowing the market to those fans who support both, the classic Venn diagram???

I guess they just wanted to do just one print run as it's cheaper. I just think there should be a choice, I don't want to be forced into anyone's Venn diagram😂. I usually buy a few calenders, this year they won't get my money. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RedM said:

I guess they just wanted to do just one print run as it's cheaper. I just think there should be a choice, I don't want to be forced into anyone's Venn diagram😂. I usually buy a few calenders, this year they won't get my money. 

Yep, production costs ⬇️

Sales ⬇️⬇️⬇️

3 hours ago, kmpowell said:

Worth checking again on the website. After my moaning here and on twitter (including tagging Jerry), some U13 away shirts suddenly magically appeared in stock. I was able to order and it arrived today.

Mad that they are willing to risk losing sales by not making all the stock they have available online all the time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Worth checking again on the website. After my moaning here and on twitter (including tagging Jerry), some U13 away shirts suddenly magically appeared in stock. I was able to order and it arrived today.

Mad that they are willing to risk losing sales by not making all the stock they have available online all the time.

Perhaps crayon boy didn’t scroll down far enough on their website to learn they can integrate with your existing systems. Would’ve thought we just had one stock management system and if the stock isn’t physically at Huboo, they have someone in the shop “pick” it right away.

IMG_7900.thumb.jpeg.24312e334d9ef096c03ce1b1d64ebc32.jpeg

On 16/12/2023 at 13:22, Davefevs said:

Just chatting to Mrs F. Aren’t they narrowing the market to those fans who support both, the classic Venn diagram???

Well on that basis they ought to put in the rugby players as well so that you have four of the men's football team, four of the women's team and four of the rugby team.

And that way for most purchases you will end up with a calendar where you know four of the people featured and the rest being all "whothey?".

I detect the cold dead hand of the Birstol Sport marketing team at work here, "leveraging up" the support for the men's football team in order to boost the support of the other two teams.

By force if necessary.

• Like 1

On 16/12/2023 at 13:20, RedM said:

Exactly. If they were going to do mixed they should have done two players per month, or even better have totally separate calendars. 

Exactly.

Thanks to #BartonLogic, for at least 6 months of the year, half of the recipients will KNOW NOTHING of the team or game facing them.

You have to hope that if you are a fan of 'the mens game', you have a female player in February, otherwise you have been robbed of extra days and not just months.