IGNORED

Club shop - shocking lack of merchandise and shirts

Shauntaylor85

1 hour ago, Olé said:

To make matters worse, the tinpot outfit up the road have their entire club shop run by The Terrace Shop who produce some very tidy casual wear for a few English clubs in every division on a licensing basis (i.e. they don't have to take over the club shop in the way Rovers have lock stock handed this all over, they can just produce some quality gear for clubs under a licensing agreement).

For whatever reason City is (wrongly) convinced by their own ability to produce good looking merchandise. Yes a lot of English clubs just use Terrace Shop for on demand merchandise (i.e. phone covers, mouse mats) but Sheffield Wednesday are among those (like the Gas) to have lots of casual wear and clothing including vintage and retro stuff, produced by The Terrace under licence.

https://theterracestore.com/collections/sheffield-wednesday

If you need marketing expertise Mr Gorringe will be available in the January (shop) window.

Club Shop Opening Hours what do we think- obviously not including matchday.

Us

10-4, Wednesday to Saturday

We open longer on matchdays obvs.

Derby

9-5, Monday to Saturday

10-4 Sunday

Millwall

10-5, Monday to Saturday

Coventry

9.30-5.30, Monday to Saturday

Sunderland

10-5, Monday to Saturday

10-4, Sunday

Middlesbrough- Upcoming

10-4, Monday to Friday

9-3 this Saturday then an hour after the final whistle

Following week:

10-4 Monday-Tuesday, Thursday-Friday, Saturday

10-7.45pm, Wednesday 

Stoke

9-5.30pm, Monday-Friday

9-5, Saturday (Non-Matchday)

10-4, Sunday (Non-Matchday)

Matchday 9am until Kick-off, then after final whistle for an hour.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2

The club shop has been an embarrassment ever since the rebuild .  It’s gotta be the smallest club shop in the efl and it’s barely half filled with city merchandise. 

I went into Portsmouth’s club shop pre season to pick up tickets and the difference between ours and theirs was staggering.

Also going into other championship club shops over the years their retro merchandise is a massive seller and yet we don’t seem to bother , massive change is needed at city and hopefully if we do get a buyer it won’t be as a Bristol sport package and Ashton gate can finally get back to representing city instead of rugby billboards everywhere.

• Like 4
  • Flames 4

4 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

Do you remember the old club shop attached to the Williams Stand? So much better in terms of stock and the variety was much better. Appreciate that probably came with larger financial costs which may not have been sustainable. But it was a much better customer experience.

We were just Bristol City then too, not part of a rugby club! 

One of the guys I car share with had his two grandsons 8 and 10 with him. They all went to the shop to buy scarfs…….guess what?…..there weren’t any……jeez………..….:disapointed2se:

The two lads were really disappointed.

I mean - how can a club shop not a basic item like a club scarf?. Who’s the shop manager? He/she should be sacked

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

One of the guys I car share with had his two grandsons 8 and 10 with him. They all went to the shop to buy scarfs…….guess what?…..there weren’t any……jeez………..….:disapointed2se:

The two lads were really disappointed.

I mean - how can a club shop not a basic item like a club scarf?. Who’s the shop manager? He/she should be sacked

They should have looked on the OS.

IMG_1970.jpeg

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Selred said:

Shop has been poor since it opened.

Crap stock, no space, nothing really fresh and seasonal (I'd been all over a decent Xmas jumper).

Was in there today. The only xmas jumper was a plain jumper with the smallest gold ‘bristol city’ tag stitched on the front bottom part. Couldve been a m&s jumper with a tag on it for all anyone knew. 
Seemed quite a lot of shirts in tbf, bought some for my boys. But theyre 4&7 and no nothing about shite quality so theyll be just fine. 😂

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Club Shop Opening Hours what do we think- obviously not including matchday.

Us

10-4, Wednesday to Saturday

We open longer on matchdays obvs.

Derby

9-5, Monday to Saturday

10-4 Sunday

Millwall

10-5, Monday to Saturday

Coventry

9.30-5.30, Monday to Saturday

Sunderland

10-5, Monday to Saturday

10-4, Sunday

Middlesbrough- Upcoming

10-4, Monday to Friday

9-3 this Saturday then an hour after the final whistle

Following week:

10-4 Monday-Tuesday, Thursday-Friday, Saturday

10-7.45pm, Wednesday 

Stoke

9-5.30pm, Monday-Friday

9-5, Saturday (Non-Matchday)

10-4, Sunday (Non-Matchday)

Matchday 9am until Kick-off, then after final whistle for an hour.

Funny really. The club have probably reduced hours due to lack of footfall. 
However the lack of footfall is due to shite, and very little actual worthwhile stock to buy. 
Quality marketing once again. 😂😂

• Like 1

Got too much time on my hands tonight but just been on every other championship clubs shop website and every single one of them has a retro range .

I don’t know who’s head of the merchandise department at Bristol sport but it’s quite clear the football side of things is kept as basic as possible and the club couldn’t care less about having any variety for fans .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Winterstoke toad said:

Got too much time on my hands tonight but just been on every other championship clubs shop website and every single one of them has a retro range .

I don’t know who’s head of the merchandise department at Bristol sport but it’s quite clear the football side of things is kept as basic as possible and the club couldn’t care less about having any variety for fans .

They put more effort into the coffee shop next door.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Winterstoke toad said:

For a championship club we have such a tinpot mentality.

There was a phase when we were expanding varied areas of the club quite quickly, pre Covid.

Indeed some of our relative progress on the pitch was outstripping our capacity as a club but that has passed. Seems like we are just stagnating off the pitch- too much energy and money into the Sporting Quarter perhaps (even if it could yield potential gains financially for the club down the line).

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There was a phase when we were expanding varied areas of the club quite quickly, pre Covid.

Indeed some of our relative progress on the pitch was outstripping our capacity as a club buy that has passed. Seems like we are just stagnating off the pitch- too much energy and money into the Sporting Quarter perhaps (even if it could yield potential gains financially for the club down the line).

Couldn’t of said it any better .

The sporting quarter will look great when done but I can’t see it helping with the sale of the football club on its own . If we carry on for too much longer under the Lansdowns all I can see is increased stagnation and maybe a period in league one eventually.

• Like 2

Logged onto the website this evening before I saw this post. I was tentatively considering an away shirt for my 13 year old for Christmas. But there’s nothing for him. No away, no third, no keeper tops, hardly any training wear.

This matters. Kids aren’t all completely tied into this club like we are. Especially young teens who care about what’s cool. They can be tempted away by the bright lights of the Premier League. By much cooler clubs, with a proper, recognised brand like Nike or Adidas all over their gear. By the mega brands of the fashionable European clubs like PSG, Real or Bayern.

City need to compete for the attention of young fans. And having merchandise available to purchase is a big part of creating that affinity and sense of belonging.

But instead we have literally nothing to offer…at Christmas. And even the stuff we do have is piss-poor second rate clothing from a brand nobody has heard of.

We are so amateur at this stuff it’s untrue. Sometimes I think this club doesn’t deserve success because we’re such a shambles. The fans do. But the club doesn’t. Embarrassing.

Rant over!

• Like 12
  • Flames 3
  • Robin 1

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Indeed some of our relative progress on the pitch was outstripping our capacity as a club but that has passed. Seems like we are just stagnating off the pitch- too much energy and money into the Sporting Quarter perhaps (even if it could yield potential gains financially for the club down the line).

I was told some time ago ( so things may have changed ) that a bigger , improved shop would be incorporated into the new build . Now to my mind they have completely ignored the present while focusing on the new area, and there is no excuse to focus on a build and ignore the stock you would sell . 
I went in some time ago looking for cheap little bits , the sort of impulse buys. There was little or nothing. Now I don't know the set up, but if there is a Manager do they limit their job to making the shop organised ? Do they have to run everything past a Lansdown ? If so that is crazy. The shop has been open for about 6 years (?) 4 years since the new Logo Robin was launched , but this is the first year we have had Baubles to my knowledge , that is gross negligence  IMO. Christmas Jumpers are so easy as our Robin is a no brainer, but they have had everything but on them, that's if you van be quick enough to get one. Our Robin wont change any time soon so any stock not sold goes to the following year , it's easy and I'm no retail genius .

I would guess the shop is a lot less business than it could, this time of year specially . I would love to know how that shop is set up and who deals with design and stock . Somehow , when the rest of the Club is reasonably professional , the shop is run like 9th tier Club relying on volunteers . 

When we had a Porta-cabin in the car park , or the shop tagged on to the end of Ground , we had so many more options and things to buy. As I said the Robin wont change ,so little impulse buys with the Robin on can be sold year after year, same with basic Tee shirts , scarves etc, they don't have to be tied to a shirt supplier  . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Street red said:

Sorry to say but rugby should never of been moved to Ashton gate all because of a wonderful dream of Bristol sport! It's not been the same since. 

It’s surely not beyond the wit of sensible people to accommodate even a bang average shop (or shops) that serve both rugby and football. In fact, being able to serve both sports should, in theory, make it easier and more cost effective to do so.

Same applies to the catering, to the customer service, to all the incidental off field activities.

I don’t think it’s the rugby that’s the cause of our ineptitude in these areas. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

As above, it’s Christmas and kids shirts are out of stock and not coming back in for the away and third kit. Lots of other merchandise sold out too, shambles really, we cannot get anything right as a club right now. What a mess. 

I have to say BCFC club shop is nothing short of shocking!!!

It was so so much better when it was at the end of the old Williams stand and they have just squashed it up into small area in the South Stand.

Stock is dreadful and at this time of year oght to be rammed with goods.