IGNORED

Football things you see in random places.

Lanterne Rouge

Seen a "In Pearson we trust" sticker at baggage collection at Palma airport in September and back in 2003 I was visiting family in western Australia for new year, we were staying in a small town about 2 hours from Perth and went to a house party and some lad walked In wearing the famous blue and white quarters, he was a good lad and came from Kingswood.

I've never lived remotely near Bristol so any Bristol City random encounters have been rare, but one was the night after the Man U League Cup game I had my work Xmas Party in central London where we had a bar rented out.

I was stood nearish the door and a guy came in wearing a Bristol City scarf. I had never seen him before in my life and it turns out he was one of the field team from up North, had been to the game the night before and then come to the Xmas do.

We got smashed singing about Korey Smith.

• Robin 1

When i was in Malia back in 98 i was in a sports bar and there were team photos on the wall of all the big Premier League and European clubs....down in the corner was the team photo, cut out from a newspaper, of the biggest club of them all in front of the Dolman. Thought that was a bit strange to see so far away from home.

I travelled a lot for work in the late 80s and 90s. Found myself in Nottingham one week, a work colleague from Scotland had a mate who was a pub landlord in the city so we went there for a couple of pints.

Turned out the landlord was John Robertson of Forest and Scotland. He pulled the beers, no charge. Cheers John, nice ale.

• Facepalm 1

Mid 90s I was driving through Hungary in pouring rain & stopped in a virtually deserted car park near Lake Balaton.

About 5 minutes later a minibus pulled up, it was a Hareclive one & a bloke got out of it with a City shirt on.

My ex (who had no interest in football) was also in the car at the time, if she hadn’t been there & I’d seen this on my own I’d have thought I was hallucinating.

2004, I went to work in Bremen, Germany, on the weekends used to either go watch Werder or do the touristy things. One Saturday me and my mate decided to visit St Petri Dom the big cathedral in the city and climb the towers 250 odd steps to get a better vista of the city, as we climbed the last step to enter the viewing area, right in front of us emblazoned in big letters was " Germany 1 England 5" considering this was a few years after that game I was surprised it hadn't been removed, still it made us laugh and of course we posed for photos :laugh:

About 1982ish me and  a mate thought we would go to France to ( well we didn’t know ) after a couple of days of knocking around Dover ( vile place even then ) then a day in Calais then a couple of days in Paris we eventually ( how I never know ) ended up getting a train down to Monaco , the first bar we walked into not far from the station had a big Union Jack behind the bar with Staple Hill Bristol emblazoned across it , needless to say we spent a tad longer in Monaco , about 6 months to be precise working on a yacht 

There`s a council house in Looe that has a huge Derby County flag in the front bedroom window.

I also did a survey on an empty house in the middle of Bodmin Moor a couple of years back and one of the kids` bedrooms was decorated as a shrine to the blue few, camp pirate transfers on the wall, the lot.

Mind you, the middle of Bodmin Moor is the best place for them I reckon.

Was living in New Zealand in the late 80’s, was in work and my Managing director was showing a visitor around, they both walked up to me to chat, and the visitor was wearing a silver Bristol City tie with the Robin crest on the front!. 
Needless to say, we ended up having a long chat, which I don’t think my MD was too happy about!. 

• Robin 1