IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

'Fix' what ain't broken and we lose what makes us a pretty solid team.

Weren't we the second best defensive record in the Championship? what's happened there?

We have a limited squad with players who do what they can and now they're being asked to play a totally different way and now we're getting caught out, serves us right.

The Huddersfield manager ain't asking their limited squad to play some high-expansive football, he's getting the best out of the parts he's got and they're getting some results for him.

Certainly not exciting football but they're winning and do you think their fans care?

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

We have made alot of crucial mistakes since manning has come in and I beileve that is because he is trying to get us to play a way that just doesn't suit the players. For manning to be successful here he seriously needs some backing in the transfer market as I have said before these players have been recruited to play counter attacking football the players aren't good enough or comfortable enough with the ball at there feet

• Like 1
1 minute ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I'd say they are good value for their lead. Wouldn't go as far as saying it's deserved but it's not unlucky. 

Swansea had something like 19 shots against these lot the other night. 

Screenshot_20231209_155024_Samsung Internet.jpg

Come on, they aren’t good value at all.  Unless you mean they deserved the lead because they’ve scored one and we haven’t.  But on play they’ve done little.  We’ve created in and around the box.

In terms of their play, they are exposing our LWB position.

I don’t normally go for halftime subs, but Pring must come on for Bell.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

We will win this game. How anyone can say we didn’t play some decent football there is delusional. We just can’t finish a meal. We’re playing attacking possession based football, unfortunately we haven’t got the quality and that’s NOT Mannings fault. 

Net one and the whole thing changes. 

COYRS

I've ran out of reactions for today so here's my reaction 🤣

We will win this game. How anyone can say we didn’t play some decent football there is delusional. We just can’t finish a meal. We’re playing attacking possession based football, unfortunately we haven’t got the quality and that’s NOT Mannings fault. 

COYRS

Then why try to play to a system we’ve not got the quality for…. THAT IS Mannings fault. 

The previous manager played to a system that suited the players we did have….

• Like 5

COYRS

So the high line implemented by Manning wasn't the fault of the goal? Yes, Tanning made a mistake, but we had no defenders covering. If you don't think this is on Manning then you are deluded. Pearson had the set up spot on, and now we are in a 'transition' again. It's bullshit and I am fed up with this club. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
Just now, Ghost Rider said:

Piss off then Andy. All you do is ******* moan. Why bother supporting this team? Honestly, shit the **** up for once in your life. 

I think the frustration is that we play nicely for 24 minutes, concede and then struggle to replicate it since. You could be forgiven for thinking we lack the quality and mindset of a top 6 side and that the majority of supporters actually do know what they were watching better than the pair who run the football operation. Anyway, time for Manning to make a positive difference in this particular half time team talk because three defeats on the spin is not going to improve anything.

Twenty odd minutes of nicer football than we've been used to and lose the game due to defensive ineptitude, EXACTLY THE SAME AS LAST WEEK, when under the previous manager those daft errors were far fewer and further between and meant we could grind out results is not what anyone has been sold.............this is why we need a complete overhaul of the management of the football operation, they have put Manning in a very uncomfortable position not of his own making if we get done today. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Will say to be fair, our high press possession style we are trying to adopt doesn’t have much to do with their goal. Was a break from a corner, not many sides play a low block in the first half when having one of those. 

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Who gives a **** about the gypsies up the road

Does it make you feel better when we are shite ourselves?

Yes

Edited by George Rs
3 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

COYRS

I take no pleasure in observing that if we don't have the players to play a system the manager is taking a big risk in playing it! If Manning wants to make an impression this HT is a good time to start. Have to say I'm unimpressed thus far. But of course early days.

• Flames 1