IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

image.thumb.png.af58c588720e7430275c1464136e5d83.png

If their heads are overloaded, then thats on him. I dont like those excuses. He's obviously not got the balance right currently. 

I don't like the bit at the end either "and not just off pure emotion and running" seems like a criticism of our previous way. I have noticed a few of these comments that seem to be barbed comments about the previous management. 

Personally I like a team that runs and plays on emotions. That's one way to get a team out performing their ability. To some extent, Sheffield Utd last season. 

Manning is the type of person that if you're going to employ, you need to really do so before pre season. I remember Nige once saying something along the lines of during the season you don't get much time to work with the players on systems etc so you need to do those things during pre season.

This is Mannings biggest challenge, trying to make these changes mid season. Pressure is building now. 

What Manning needs understand is that we knew where the players were at before he came in. Sometimes I do get the feeling that he doesn't realise we existed before he joined us. So him asking for us to understand where the players are because of the changes HE has made, doesn't really wash with me. 

At this current moment in time, we have regressed. At this current moment in time I'm struggling to name a player that has put in better performances, Dickie maybe? But by and large individual performances have got worse. Some quite notably. 

The above sounds like he's saying "I need time" I have very little patience for a mid season rebuild when it wasn't really required. 

If we get 5 points from the next 5 games, then serious questions are going to start being asked. The next 5 games I'd say is probably tougher than the previous 5. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
5 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

The loss of form of these players pre-dates Manning's arrival. Bell and Conway have struggled since Nhaki was injured, they both play better when he's alongside. Tanner needs to be rested but can't be due to McRorie being unavailable, he's played too many games and needs a break.

Possibly so, but it’s only recently that Bell’s name is popping up in the negative, in a way I don’t remember before. You might expect Conway to take time after injury to settle, particularly when in the midst of that his manager is sacked but there’s something else. 
  For Tommy he doesn’t have the experience yet to lead up front and I don’t anything in recent works disproves that. He does work better with Wells but I’d suggest he’d work better as a two up front anyway not just because it’s Wells. 

16 minutes ago, JP Hampton said:

Possibly so, but it’s only recently that Bell’s name is popping up in the negative, in a way I don’t remember before. You might expect Conway to take time after injury to settle, particularly when in the midst of that his manager is sacked but there’s something else. 
  For Tommy he doesn’t have the experience yet to lead up front and I don’t anything in recent works disproves that. He does work better with Wells but I’d suggest he’d work better as a two up front anyway not just because it’s Wells. 

Bell hasn't been as effective all this season as he was last season (aside from one or two games). It may well be that teams are now aware of his strengths after last season or he's simply out of form and become a bit predictable. It happens to young players and he has to adapt his game a bit and play through it.

I think Tommy is more than capable of playing up front on his own - as long as we are playing the ball on the floor and not lumping it to him in the air, which is just stupid. He has great movement and gets himself into good positions (which we've seen in recent games, unfortunately missing the chances) which is wasted if the ball is lumped up to him in the air and he does indeed need to be in a two in that situation. Hopefully we will see him being much more involved and that goal will also give him confidence. 

All opinion of course.

• Like 3