IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

37 minutes ago, westonred said:

This will upset a lot of people but Bell needs to go out on Loan in Jan he isnt championship ready yet

36 minutes ago, nickolas said:

No no. Hes lcey and beats his full back with ease. 😂😂😂. I reckon Matty James would give hima good race ffs. 
Needs a decent spell out of the team as does absolutely sod all ( but hes academy so we cant say that can we!). 🙄

I’m sure I read a lot of times on here that Bell is quick. I’ve never seen it. 
And today he looked like a slug. 
At times it was like he was running on a treadmill. 
So so slow. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
5 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

There's always a question with this, and I'm not arguing either way here, but...

How much of it was them being woeful, and making us look good, how much was it us playing well (particularly first 20ish) and making them look poor.

It always goes both ways and one impacts the other.

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️

3 minutes ago, KnowleUtd City said:

Okay, I’ll re-phrase then. In the past few decades, City would often go up north in grim conditions and get rolled over, today I thought the lads showed real guts, if not cutting edge. 

Yes, the culture has been well set, just like we dug in against Rotherham a little while back.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Of course they’re not identical but Manning has come in to a very thin squad with plenty of injuries and very few options up front, a large part of the fan base are still in mourning and angry with the hierarchy, time to get behind the new guy.

Graham C you are *****...he said get behind the team but you just cannot seemingly with the :laugh: emoji What the Hell is wrong with you? Have you cashed in your City chips...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Just now, Davefevs said:

FWIW I don’t think we looked good…I thought we looked adequate today.  I sat there incredibly frustrated at some of the poor play from us, poor decision making and execution from us.

So, no I didn’t think our “goodness” made them poor, because I didn’t think we were very good at all today.

We had a bright opening 15 mins.

Agreed it wasn’t great but how many times have we played better than that away from home this season?

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We didn't make a crap team look crap. They are just crap. 

They’ve drawn with Ipswich, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Watford, Coventry, Stoke, Swansea and beaten Sunderland. 
What makes it so easy to go there and win. 
We played well, we made them look 2nd best. 

• Like 10
34 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Because fans are still angry about it and disappointing results bring that anger back to the surface. 

This forum is a place for people to vent their feelings and thats all were doing. It may seem pointless to you but speaking for myself here, it's nice to have a playform to vent as holding it in isn't good. 

Blimey you will explode if you carry on like this. The future is fine with BCFC certainly a lot better than a month ago, and if anyone thinks we have taken a step backwards then football isn't really for them, we are entertaining and mobile, a few more tweaks and additions we should be fine.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
6 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Agreed it wasn’t great but how many times have we played better than that away from home this season?

I thoiught it was a very good away performance.

Just lacking the final touch or taking a wrong decision at a vital time (eg Mehmeti, Conway)

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1
Just now, Harry said:

They’ve drawn with Ipswich, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Watford, Coventry, Stoke, Swansea and beaten Sunderland. 
What makes it so easy to go there and win. 
We played well, we made them look 2nd best. 

They are crap. We didn't make them look crap today, they are just crap. We didn't make them look 2nd best.

We played well at times. We didn't play well overall. The game was there for the taking and we didn't take it. 

With their goal and the penalty they should have had a draw is fair. 

Doesn't look like Tinnion will be back on X / Twitter any time soon.

People are upset (me included) about how Pearson was treated, the sacking of an experienced manager with prem experience, and lastly the utter garbage that comes out the mouths of those in charge.

Statements like "top 6 squad", "top 10 budget", "see you when we're in the prem", REALLY annoy people. However, i do think (again myself included) that we should just accept that the people in charge talk garbage and try and move on, focusing on the here and now. We have Manning so lets see what he's about, still a bit too bit early to judge.

It's so frustrating that we didn't win today, but i'm glad we are talking about how we should of won easily if we took our chances, that means there is potential with a few tweaks. I am fully aware Nigel wasn't given the opportunity to "tweak" the squad, but again out of our control. 

If we end up in a relegation battle then let all the lansdown and Tinnion quotes come back out in force.

What i think i am most frustrated with is the "what could of been", i genuinely believed Nigel was taking us in the right direction and would get us to the Play-offs, but now we will never know.

• Like 4

The thread makes a fascinating read if you start from the beginning. There is such a desperation to find controversy right now. Some really good posters losing credibility by trying to grab at everything and anything and it's ruining really genuine thoughts and concerns they have. It makes their posts look all rhetoric and no nuance. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 5
2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

A draw at Swansea, a draw with Southampton and a win at Middlesbrough in the last three games suggests otherwise

What I saw today and their league position shows me that they are crap. 

You can try arguing with me all night and you won't convince me or many others that the only reason they looked crap was because we made them look crap because that wasn't the case. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Cant wait for pearson to get another job so the nigel pearson army can go and support whoever he takes over, Christ there's so much season to go yet with hopefully a positive transfer window. 

It also feels like every goal we have conceded since Manning has been here have been individual errors rather than team performance.

Well, Norwich was certainly that.

But, like today, we should have been out of sight anyway.

2 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Umhh, 4 points from a possible 9 including a 95th minute winner, sloppy finishing and another defensive error cost us three points today

7 from 9 in those pal. Sloppy finishing cost us at Hull too, and on another day we concede a penalty today too.  I didn’t say today wasn’t good, first half was for sure, just not in the ‘top 3’. 

Edited by petehinton
  • Flames 2
1 minute ago, BCFC Rich said:

The thread makes a fascinating read if you start from the beginning. There is such a desperation to find controversy right now. Some really good posters losing credibility by trying to grab at everything and anything and it's ruining really genuine thoughts and concerns they have. It makes their posts look all rhetoric and no nuance. 

Yep. The first 8 pages are apoplectic that Sykes is playing left back, and then he comes out as a right wing back (playing very high in the structure, in fact pretty much a right midfielder) and surges into the box on 3 occasions in the first 15 minutes and was our most attacking player. 🤣 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You can try arguing with me all night and you won't convince me or many others that the only reason they looked crap was because we made them look crap because that wasn't the case. 

Don’t worry, I have no intention of arguing with you

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I’m with you, Huddersfield were terrible 

2 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

This ⬆️⬆️⬆️

I fully understand the anger about the manner of NPs sacking and the (non)reasons given and I was extrememly annoyed myself, but some are becoming a bit obssessive about it. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

7 from 9 in those pal. Sloppy finishing cost us at Hull too, and on another day we concede a penalty today too.  I didn’t say today wasn’t good, first half was for sure, just not in the ‘top 3’. 

Apologies, I’m still having nightmares about our performance at Swansea last season

• Robin 1
3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. The first 8 pages are apoplectic that Sykes is playing left back, and then he comes out as a right wing back (playing very high in the structure, in fact pretty much a right midfielder) and surges into the box on 3 occasions in the first 15 minutes and was our most attacking player. 🤣 

I did have a chuckle at that.

One poster even said it was 100% certain Sykes was left back, but didn't actually provide any evidence for that. Loads outraged about something that didn't actually happen :laughcont: