IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Decent performance, real signs of seeing what Manning is trying to do , but all pointless if you don't score when you're on top.  Another game where the performance deserves more than the result , but another game where we end up points down. Add Wells and McCrorie ( if he is the Tanner upgrade )  to that side ( maybe without Bell ) and we may start winning.  

Yep, Very good away performance, just lacking the final touch.

Wells is missed big time imo.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, transfer reader said:

I saw a positive in the performance, particularly the first half but am frustrated and disappointed that we didn't make the most of it.

Really not difficult to grasp that and isn't an excuse for you to lie about my views when you're using being lied to as an excuse to being a relentlessly odious ****.

Ah bless.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No, it really does.

This was the justification for the change, we were undercooked after international breaks (another lie) & underperforming, should be aiming for top six, best squad in years was another one.

So far it looks like regression rather than progress but you see a positive in drawing with a side in the bottom four because we escaped a clear penalty if you want.

We should be happy because we played well against one of the worst teams in the Championship. 

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

It'll be some tactical bollix. Something that's been over thought and made far more complicated than it needs to be for a team that's trying to beat shite like Huddersfield.

Probably that bell would be more of a match pace wise for their Right winger, who was their only decent outlet all game.

Just now, westonred said:

This will upset a lot of people but Bell needs to go out on Loan in Jan he isnt championship ready yet

No no. Hes lcey and beats his full back with ease. 😂😂😂. I reckon Matty James would give hima good race ffs. 
Needs a decent spell out of the team as does absolutely sod all ( but hes academy so we cant say that can we!). 🙄

3 minutes ago, FNQ said:

We played OK.. but let’s be honest, Huddersfield are crap and will go down. Really disappointed with only one point against such a poor side.

Poor side who are unbeaten in 4 games and won at Sunderland as well as drawn with Southampton the trouble is it fits the narrative that everyone else are crap in a division that is tight , QPR have won 3 on the trot since our awful 0-0 draw there 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

The view form the Huddersfield Forum:

**** me this Bristol commentary lot are I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!

They are just walking through our defence. Only a matter of time.

Second best everywhere. Headley being targetted.

They continue to walk through us. Have we even touched the ball the last few minutes?

Why are we letting teams like Bristol have all the ball???

Come on Town ffs! We're at home 🤬

It would appear normal service is resumed.

you cant beat a goal against the run of ....................

Nice breakaway goal . Do we really think we will add or hold on to the win ?

Playing much better since we scored, definitely growing in confidence.

No idea how we're winning but we'll take it

Between about 10 and 15 minutes I don’t think I’ve seen a team that much under the pump, at home, in a long time. Like attack and defence. Then Town break like an away side and score. Mad.

Before the goal, that had the look of a 0-2 or 0-3 at half time. We have then looked a lot more composed after the goal and showing a bit more attacking intent. But then again it was hard not to show more attacking intent than before. Its not pretty, but right now its working. Bristol will score at least 1 in my opinion so we need to score again.

oh.........................bugger And that's why Pearson should never be right back.

Can't argue with that, they were going to get one eventually with the amount of times they've carved us open

This ref is so lax, letting absolutely everything slide and ignoring tough decisions. Should've had a pen there

That was such a blatant penalty 😂

Handball that. Never getting a penalty are we?

City throwing lots of subs on to try and win it.

Ward off defender on. We are not trying to win it apparently

We haven't created a single chance this half.

We do need to get in the opposition half for him to be of any use to us.

We look absolutely knackered. Wew should have as much left in the tank as they do!

We have a smaller squad and an injury crisis, so have been playing some players more than we probably should be doing.

We have been chasing them around all game.

one way traffic at the moment

Why the **** did we play that free kick short to REG at the end after sending all the centre halves up? So so poor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This forum is toxic!

I've said previously that i was 50/50 regarding Nige. If he was still in charge i would be ok with it, but equally the quality/style of football under him was generally pretty poor and therefore when he left i wasn't too disappointed.

I can see already what Manning is trying to implement but it will take time and probably 3 or 4 new faces. I see we had 14 shots today which is decent away from home.

I understand that everyone has their own views regarding Pearson and the way he left, but can we please try and get behind the team. We are all Bristol City fans after all.

• Like 9
1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

You might have one if you think they inherited identical situations.

Of course they’re not identical but Manning has come in to a very thin squad with plenty of injuries and very few options up front, a large part of the fan base are still in mourning and angry with the hierarchy, time to get behind the new guy.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1