IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can’t believe you’ve just posted that!

You’d have never given Nige that slack would you?  You never legislated for missed chances, individual errors when Nige was manager did you?

That’s what bugs me, the same arguments posters laughed at others posting under Nige, you now comfortably use as an excuse now.

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I’m fully behind manning and can see the improvement in our play we just seem to be starting to boss games a little more , I’m just frustrated that it seems to be following a pattern , play well should be in front then mistake costs us then we have to work hard to get back in the game , today should have been 3 points not because who the opposition were but how we played 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, noize said:

Doesn't look like Tinnion will be back on X / Twitter any time soon.

People are upset (me included) about how Pearson was treated, the sacking of an experienced manager with prem experience, and lastly the utter garbage that comes out the mouths of those in charge.

Statements like "top 6 squad", "top 10 budget", "see you when we're in the prem", REALLY annoy people. However, i do think (again myself included) that we should just accept that the people in charge talk garbage and try and move on, focusing on the here and now. We have Manning so lets see what he's about, still a bit too bit early to judge.

It's so frustrating that we didn't win today, but i'm glad we are talking about how we should of won easily if we took our chances, that means there is potential with a few tweaks. I am fully aware Nigel wasn't given the opportunity to "tweak" the squad, but again out of our control. 

If we end up in a relegation battle then let all the lansdown and Tinnion quotes come back out in force.

What i think i am most frustrated with is the "what could of been", i genuinely believed Nigel was taking us in the right direction and would get us to the Play-offs, but now we will never know.

It's football shit happens, it's just that we are not used to having brave decisions regarding sacking a manager, it's routine for other clubs because they see a fresh approach. it will I am sure work out and don't worry about Uncle Nige he walked away a very rich man. And actually his health was a real ongoing issue which I am sure played a huge factor in his going.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I can’t believe you’ve just posted that!

You’d have never given Nige that slack would you?  You never legislated for missed chances, individual errors when Nige was manager did you?

That’s what bugs me, the same arguments posters laughed at others posting under Nige, you now comfortably use as an excuse now.

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Yes but it works the other way too Dave, and for me it’s even worse. People who gave NP plenty of slack are not willing to do the same for LM because he has replaced their man. They actively look for and find fault in every possible thing he does…..and it’s tedious. 

It’s making this forum a really hard place to read and discuss things because every bloody topic goes the same way. 

FWIW, I don’t believe LM will get more from this squad than NP. And what’s gonna really annoy people, I think he’ll be backed financially because JL and BT will feel their man has to be seen as making progress. 

I also don’t align to the view that’s being pushed about LM taking over a team/club in a good situation. We were bang out of form when he arrived, we can’t score goals and the injury situation is still ridiculous.

Such a shame this whole situation has created so much division in the fanbase because I really felt the team and vast majority of fans were fully invested and together. It’s going to make it even harder for LM to succeed sadly. 

• Like 4

Manning has to solve two issues as I see it:

1. Get us playing his way for more than 20 minutes.

2. In doing that keep us solid at the back.

So far, and it’s early days, we are only playing well in patches and defensive errors that had largely been eradicated are resurfacing. We’ve taken one point in the last two games that SHOULD have been all six when you look at how the two games played out.

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

What I saw today and their league position shows me that they are crap. 

You can try arguing with me all night and you won't convince me or many others that the only reason they looked crap was because we made them look crap because that wasn't the case. 

You are talking nonsense. If we were near the top of the league then you can say we should win this game. Honestly some of our fans are deluded.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
18 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Agreed it wasn’t great but how many times have we played better than that away from home this season?

At least the three Pete mentions below.  All three loads better than Huddersfield too.

15 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Would say Swansea, Hull, Millwall are the 3 top away performances so far this season imo

Agree, those 3 sprung instantly to mind

11 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Cant wait for pearson to get another job so the nigel pearson army can go and support whoever he takes over, Christ there's so much season to go yet with hopefully a positive transfer window. 

It also feels like every goal we have conceded since Manning has been here have been individual errors rather than team performance.

Where were you at the start of last season, when Naismith made a few, or Vyner did, that cost us results in good performances?

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Flames 1
18 minutes ago, Harry said:

They’ve drawn with Ipswich, Southampton, Middlesbrough, Watford, Coventry, Stoke, Swansea and beaten Sunderland. 
What makes it so easy to go there and win. 
We played well, we made them look 2nd best. 

Stop with your logic.

He said exactly the same about QPR. “One of the worst sides ever in the championship”…..and they’ve just won 3 in a row.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
3 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This has probably been discussed, but should Tanner have taken one for the team when chasing the guy for their goal, and would he have been sent off? 

He would have got a yellow if he fouled the guy straight away, but he left it too late as it would have been a red with their player having just O'Leary in front of him.

We actually got caught a few times on the break which detracts from what was a very good away performance. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

This has probably been discussed, but should Tanner have taken one for the team when chasing the guy for their goal, and would he have been sent off? 

I thought he should. Looking at the replay I think he decides to, but it's too late, tries to grab the arm/shirt but he is already away. It just takes him that split second too long to decide. 

Tanner is going to be a really good player and he is doing well at playing RB + slotting into a three at the back when he needs to + Starting to be more dangerous going forward.  I like him (Tanner) and rate Pring really highly, but I really wish we had competition for these positions right now - (Roberts and McCorrie being injured). 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Where were you at the start of last season, when Naismith made a few, or Vyner did, that cost us results in good performances?

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

Not sure that last season is relevant in relation the posters observation ?

May as well go back 10 years.

• Like 1

I, for one, can see signs of progress. The first 25 and spells in the game where we absolutely bossed it. Playing like that for 90 minutes is, I guess, the ultimate goal.

Frustrating as hell, again, but green shoots for me. 

Clearly some players are struggling with the systems being applied, McCrorie coming back will, all being well, solve one but Sammy Bell looks lost ATM and needs guidance from LM IMHO.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Kibs said:

Yes but it works the other way too Dave, and for me it’s even worse. People who gave NP plenty of slack are not willing to do the same for LM because he has replaced their man. They actively look for and find fault in every possible thing he does…..and it’s tedious.

It is tedious, and in the other side it’s ironic.

It’s making this forum a really hard place to read and discuss things because every bloody topic goes the same way.

Yep, don’t disagree.

FWIW, I don’t believe LM will get more from this squad than NP. And what’s gonna really annoy people, I think he’ll be backed financially because JL and BT will feel their man has to be seen as making progress.

It won’t annoy me, a Bristol City fan, if he gets money to improve the squad.  Because ultimately I want City to do well.  But not giving the squad a boost in August was tantamount to self-harm and petty imho.

I also don’t align to the view that’s being pushed about LM taking over a team/club in a good situation. We were bang out of form when he arrived, we can’t score goals and the injury situation is still ridiculous.

pretty much down to injuries though, wouldn’t you say?  Had spent more weeks in the top half at the point he took over than not in the top-half.

Such a shame this whole situation has created so much division in the fanbase because I really felt the team and vast majority of fans were fully invested and together. It’s going to make it even harder for LM to succeed sadly.

At the point of hearing Nige was sacked, the first thing I thought was - “let’s not have a divisive appointment”.  I don’t think we have got that, but the heirarchy have played a starring role in making it feel like that.

⬆️⬆️⬆️

1 minute ago, Kibs said:

Stop with your logic.

He said exactly the same about QPR. “One of the worst sides ever in the championship”…..and they’ve just won 3 in a row.

But….regardless of recent results, watching today, they were incredibly poor…and on that reckoning I think it is a game I expected us to win.

I posted some stats yesterday, they’ve got results, but they’ve been lucky.  Results will catch up with them, their performances are undeserved of 6 points from 6 games.

• Facepalm 1
35 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m sure I read a lot of times on here that Bell is quick. I’ve never seen it. 
And today he looked like a slug. 
At times it was like he was running on a treadmill. 
So so slow. 

He isnt fast one bit. Its absolute bollox. And again, it mustnt be said, because hes academy. Lightweight, not pacey, not very good in general. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
4 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

It's football shit happens, it's just that we are not used to having brave decisions regarding sacking a manager, it's routine for other clubs because they see a fresh approach. it will I am sure work out and don't worry about Uncle Nige he walked away a very rich man. And actually his health was a real ongoing issue which I am sure played a huge factor in his going.

Not sure I’d describe the decision as brave, more fired for daring to publicly question the owner, the chairman, and possibly a director of football. 

It’s done now and can’t be undone, not wholly convinced on what I’m watching, definitely better at 5 yd tippitappy, no improvement on the bits that matter like goals and points, and LM appears to like playing people out of position as part is his tactical masterplan, Bell is not a wing back.

The unhappy parts of the fan base are not Manning’s fault or arguably problem, but football fans are fickle, win games and entertain and in 3 months time it will be Nigel who? 

A shit set of Xmas results and I think the fan base will turn and the pressure will be on.

19 minutes ago, Harry said:

Yep. The first 8 pages are apoplectic that Sykes is playing left back, and then he comes out as a right wing back (playing very high in the structure, in fact pretty much a right midfielder) and surges into the box on 3 occasions in the first 15 minutes and was our most attacking player. 🤣 

Would have been double that if it had been known that Bell would play there, albeit LWB. Although he was forced back so often he may as well have started at LB.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬆️⬆️⬆️

But….regardless of recent results, watching today, they were incredibly poor…and on that reckoning I think it is a game I expected us to win.

I posted some stats yesterday, they’ve got results, but they’ve been lucky.  Results will catch up with them, their performances are undeserved of 6 points from 6 games.

I think our performances deserved more than 5 points from 5 games….hopefully that’ll catch up with us to. 

1 minute ago, Kibs said:

I think our performances deserved more than 5 points from 5 games….hopefully that’ll catch up with us to. 

Disagree. 20 minute spells are showing potential of what MIGHT happen. If you only play for 20/90 every week you won’t pick up stacks of points. We should be sitting pretty with six points out of six but not being able to sustain our good spell in both games has cost us five points.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

At least the three Pete mentions below.  All three loads better than Huddersfield too.

Agree, those 3 sprung instantly to mind

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

I was there dont worry about that, supported pearson hes gone now support Manning 

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Disagree. 20 minute spells are showing potential of what MIGHT happen. If you only play for 20/90 every week you won’t pick up stacks of points. We should be sitting pretty with six points out of six but not being able to sustain our good spell in both games has cost us five points.

We’ll agree to disagree then 🙂

Rarely happens in the Championship, especially if you’re a mid-table team, which we are. Games tend to ebb and flow and you need to take your chances in those periods where you are on top/playing well. And we haven’t. 

Edited by Kibs
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Just a hunch but because of where they are in the league table?

Rotherham (bottom) we won away under Pearson, Sheffield Wednesday (bottom but one) won with Fleming in charge.

QPR & Huddersfield (next two) drew both under Manning.

When Pearson got sacked it was pointed out that he lost 5 of his last 7 but 3 of those defeats were the top three in the table.

Pearson also had two and a half years in charge. It's not a fair comparison

21 minutes ago, Kibs said:

I Agree.

As let Harry’s thread, I’m sat here pretty chilled / happy, but I was a month ago too! 😉

7 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Pearson also had two and a half years in charge. It's not a fair comparison

SMH

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I Agree.

As let Harry’s thread, I’m sat here pretty chilled / happy, but I was a month ago too! 😉

Me too! I was very content with where we were, and positive we were headed in the right direction……..just cursing our luck with injuries! 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Not convinced by this. There are a few on both sides who endlessly seek to retrofit things to their point of view, but most are just trying to be balanced (which includes disagreeing with those who are obsessively anti NP or LM). 

Fair enough.

I'm just a bit pissed off with it all.

• Like 3