IGNORED

Huddersfield Town away match thread

1 minute ago, M.D said:

Missed the first half, now listening to the second half on the radio.

Owers said were the better side but on here it seems dreadful, which is it?

First 23 minutes we were dominant and I think Hudderfield had only 1 or 2 attacks in that whole time.

Sloppy pass by Tanner trying to recycle a cleared corner gives away possession and Huddersfield score on a break.

Next 10 minutes we looked a bit shaken and were sloppier in play, but ended the half more positively.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Then why try to play to a system we’ve not got the quality for…. THAT IS Mannings fault. 

The previous manager played to a system that suited the players we did have….

But the system is clearly working isn’t it. Look how much space we created. They’re playing a full block. Know idea what’s happened to Tommy, but we’re creating, and that’s the point isn’t it. The facts are, unfortunately, the tactics are clearly right, but some of the players arent good enough. It’s as simple as that. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
11 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

A largely decent performance, barring an individual error for their goal and a spell for about 10 minutes afterwards.

Well on top before the goal and really should have got a couple.

Even after our poor spell there were a couple of very good chances where players took the wrong options.

This. 

I thought we played rather well for the majority of that half. Two poor errors (Tanner for the goal and O’Leary just prior). 
Couple of moments of concern down our left but that aside we’ve totally dominated the game and put together some good moves to fashion some decent half-chances. 

I’m still quite encouraged 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Red Exile said:

I take no pleasure in observing that if we don't have the players to play a system the manager is taking a big risk in playing it! If Manning wants to make an impression this HT is a good time to start. Have to say I'm unimpressed thus far. But of course early days.

I do wonder whether he's throwing the baby out with the bathwater and trying to change too much too quickly? We weren't broken when Manning came in so don't go breaking us by trying to work wonders and shit miracles from Day 1. Anyway, lets hope for that second half turnaround.

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

But the system is clearly working isn’t it. Look how much space we created. They’re playing a full block. Know idea what’s happened to Tommy, but we’re creating, and that’s the point isn’t it. The facts are, unfortunately, the tactics are clearly right, but some of the players arent good enough. It’s as simple as that. 

Then logically the tactics can’t be right

1 minute ago, Ghost Rider said:

100% spot on 

4 minutes ago, M.D said:

Missed the first half, now listening to the second half on the radio.

Owers said were the better side but on here it seems dreadful, which is it?

It's Owers trying to be positive! We completely dominated the first 20 mins. Missed a hatful of chances. They scored on the break. We went into our shells.

2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

How is it working? We have won 1 game using it,