IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

There is a benefit to losing. You just think of Crayon Boy and how much of a ***** he must feel. 

We got rid of that nasty manager, and we're playing with his nice little drawing on the front of the kit instead of the club badge. I'd imagine tonight is a success as far as Jon is concerned!

Edited by Supersonic Robin
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
Just now, westred1 said:

Genuinely awful. So passive. Playing long ball to no one.

Wells and Naismith can’t believe what they’re seeing. “We haven’t seen this on the training field so not sure why we’re playing direct…”

It’s embarrassing.

But best squad we’ve ever had and definitely worthy of a top 6 place…

I’m guessing that you’re final sentence is sarcasm.

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

There is a benefit to losing. You just think of Crayon Boy and how much of a ***** he must feel. 

You say that like he's not already got his man to throw under the bus in place. Manning will go out and it'll all be about how we have a top 6 team and Manning didn't get them playing how he should yadda yadda yadda, meanwhile Nige is probably sat at home watching out of curiosity, wondering how he managed to clean up such a mess only for the board to come and **** it all up again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Flames 2
2 minutes ago, 38MC said:

Well then that’s the head coaches problem. He shouldn’t make wholesale changes to leave the players confused; it should be a gradual transition. That’s ego 

Where are the "wholesale changes"?

PS. I'm no Manning apologist. But anyone with a brain can surely see this "transition" will take time.

And when it's completed, I fully expect to be bored shirtless by our keepy ball bollox - to you, to me. But if it means we win more than we lose, I'll take it!

Quite frankly, modern keepy ball bores me shirtless. And also shitless.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1
35 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Few times already Blackburn found spaces between the defensive and midfield lines. Defenders not advancing/midfield not dropping. One to keep an eye on

A feature of how we play w/o the ball.  No definitive screen.  Spotted first game v QPR, and not something we’ve looked to do so far under LM!

40 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

A bargain for a player who now knows the Club and whose value must surely now be in excess of the original £2M price, especially having already effectively made a down payment of £700K.

Not down to us, just surmising what Manning could be thinking.

Has to be a reason he’s leaving him out consistently.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TheSpaniard said:

Agree with all this bar Cornick. Conway looked sharp with little service.

I agree - but I'm thinking about players I want around each other on the pitch as much as who's playing well. I think Cornick offers more to those around him, and if you can get Weimann, TGH, and Sykes in good positions they can all put the ball in the back of the net. I'd sacrifice slightly to try and increase our chances overall.