IGNORED

Blackburn Rovers away match thread

7 minutes ago, TheSpaniard said:

Do you remember Birmingham at Home? 

Yeah, we played pretty well, moved it around nice, didn’t quite build a head of steam, but well on top, until injury time, when they scored.  Even at 1-0 down at with 10-men we gave it a go, Almost equalised through Wells.

That 30 minute spell in the first half was nice controlled possession, building from the back, pushing Brum deeoer.

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

But as we lost 2-0, result means much of the performance was forgotten.

• Like 12
5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Where are the "wholesale changes"?

PS. I'm no Manning apologist. But anyone with a brain can surely see this "transition" will take time.

And when it's completed, I fully expect to be bored shirtless by our keepy ball bollox - to you, to me. But if it means we win more than we lose, I'll take it!

Quite frankly, modern keepy ball bores me shirtless. And also shitless.

Fair play, I think me and you are on the same page and I don’t disagree with anything you’ve posted here.

Perhaps I exaggerate ‘wholesale changes’. The wholesale I was talking about is taking us snails pace football.

separating ‘fact from fiction’. Fact - this is crap. First half. Manning’s got 15 mins here to make an impact - that’s what I really want to see now. 

16 minutes ago, tts_city said:

A lot of excuses in there, heads full of new ideas ? its not really a very complicated game.  Not playing like real madrid ? have we ever ?  Still you seem happy enough with it and fair play to you.

Haha, no mate.

I am not happy!

But I will give the new bloke more than - what is it? - 5 games?

And I strongly suspect, the coaching detail given to the players under Manning is infinitely more detailed than that under the previous set up. So yes, the lads have a lot of new stuff to take on board, whereas previously they were doing it instinctively. The difference in performance is infinitesimal but .akes all the difference. If you can't see that, on the ignore you pop. 

And for what it's worth, I'd go into battle with Nige - on the Mendips - without thi king twice. But the new bloke deserves a chance.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
5 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Absolutely. We had a Premier league manager that was producing silk purses out of sows ears and we replaced him with a manager who was a total rookie in League 1 !!! Wtf were the board thinking ? 

Same thing they've always thought, that they know better than anyone how to run this club. The issue is Nigel came in and proved them wrong so they've removed him because their egos can't take that someone showed them how wrong they were and did it with loads of restrictions in place. I genuinely think Pearson showed our board what a man with a plan can do and they hated that it wasn't their plan and that the fans appreciated him more than they've ever appreciated the board.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4
1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Haha, no mate.

I am not happy!

But I will give the new bloke more than - what is it? - 5 games?

And I strongly suspect, the coaching detail given to the players under Manning is infinitely more detailed than that under the previous set up. So yes, the lads have a lot of new stuff to take on board, whereas previously they were doing it instinctively. The difference in performance is infinitesimal but .akes all the difference. If you can't see that, on the ignore you pop. 

And for what it's worth, I'd go into battle with Nige - on the Mendips - without thi king twice.

The fella is an experienced coach, surely he should be able to judge how much the can take in…