IGNORED

Baby Showers

bcfc01

Bugger.

Just been advised that I can't go to the game due to a double baby shower in our house  for 2 x new grand kids.

Apparently, I have to "show my face" and "welcome everyone",  then **** off, whats the point of that ?

Its bang on 2pm as well.

Brilliant.

Not :ranting:

• Haha 5

11 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bugger.

Just been advised that I can't go to the game due to a double baby shower in our house  for 2 x new grand kids.

Apparently, I have to "show my face" and "welcome everyone",  then **** off, whats the point of that ?

Its bang on 2pm as well.

Brilliant.

Record them a video! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bugger.

Its bang on 2pm as well.

Brilliant.

Mate, some things are more important than football. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bugger.

Its bang on 2pm as well.

Brilliant.

Ouch.

I have no kids, but for the baby showers for each of my nieces and nephews, the only instruction for the men of the family has been to keep out of the way.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bugger.

Its bang on 2pm as well.

Brilliant.

Grow a set I say….

7 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

And that isn’t one of them 

it’s a baby shower for **** sake 🤣

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Ouch.

I have no kids, but for the baby showers for each of my nieces and nephews, the only instruction for the men of the family has been to keep out of the way.

Which is why I've been told to show my face then **** off.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Whilst I agree, it's a baby shower.

For my own son's baby shower, I was informed I was not required, and I spent a rather nice weekend in London having a night out and then watching the NFL at the Tottenham Stadium. 

Win win for all concerned :yes:

• Like 4

Just now, elhombrecito said:

Whilst I agree, it's a baby shower.

For my own son's baby shower, I was informed I was not required, and I spent a rather nice weekend in London having a night out and then watching the NFL at the Tottenham Stadium. 

Win win for all concerned :yes:

Lucky sod.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

Grow a set I say….

And that isn’t one of them 

it’s a baby shower for **** sake 🤣

Exactly, remind them you are not American and you'll be going to the football. You'll be there for their birthdays, Xmas and Easter but they can get lost if they think you'll be doing baby showers, Halloween or Thanksgiving...and no you don't care if the Broncos or the Cowboys win the Super Bowl.

Edited by sglosbcfc
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

11 hours ago, A Horse With No Name said:

Woman behind me had 5 empty seats next to her against Norwich. I asked whose they were and she said her husband's and their four friends. When I asked if they couldn't make it, she said no they are at his funeral. 

No excuse

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Bugger.

Its bang on 2pm as well.

Brilliant.

Is this a genuinely serious post?

If it is, grow a pair and man up for Christ sake

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Bugger.

Its bang on 2pm as well.

Brilliant.

Baby showers are put together by women for other women. 

Agree with others, put your foot down and the other half that you really don’t need to be there. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Natchfever said:

Another Americanism we could do without. Apologies in advance for being a dinosaur but ive only ever known women attend them. Certainly the case for my son and all his mates.

Definitely doesn’t make you a dinosaur.
I forever hope the Mrs has a baby shower to attend to on a Saturday as it’s one day I know that I’ll get a full day pass to go wherever the City are playing that day 😂 

• Haha 1